Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-02 4:08 pm   Permalink

Temple of doom is ready..
those who had pre-orders PM me with with confermation

Limited to 75 with lid
100 each + 15 to ship

Stand 12" tall and holds 24 oz of Hooch,..My biggest mug yet

all low numbers are gone, Numbers start at 63

View Profile of The Witch Doctor Send a personal message to The Witch Doctor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-02 4:16 pm   Permalink

FacesPlace PM me, you got number 1 i need your shipping address.
woooo hooooo..............

Im working on the Scooboo doo Tiki Ti..hope to have it in time for Sanny clause

View Profile of The Witch Doctor Send a personal message to The Witch Doctor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-02 8:25 pm   Permalink

Chris got your order.. please PM me your full name and Address.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2012-11-02 8:51 pm   Permalink

Very evil looking. I have added a lot of evil guys to my collection lately so will pass on this one. Nice job though!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-02 9:19 pm   Permalink

Thanks Vamp your always the best..and the coolest...

strangedaisy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-03 10:11 am   Permalink

It's cool you're selling more mugs...
Now you can pay me back.

View Profile of strangedaisy Send a personal message to strangedaisy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Witch Doctor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-03 3:20 pm   Permalink

tikichef Let Me Know how your post is running in your Area...Hope the storm passed you by, I'll gladly hold your order until things are in the norm...just PM or call...WD

4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-03 8:35 pm   Permalink

So are you just going to ignore strangedaisy?

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
4WDtiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-03 8:35 pm   Permalink

View Profile of 4WDtiki Send a personal message to 4WDtiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
strangedaisy
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2012-11-04 9:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-03 20:35, 4WDtiki wrote:

Yep, he'll also ignore your message as well.

View Profile of strangedaisy Send a personal message to strangedaisy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 01:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2012-11-04 21:01, strangedaisy wrote:
Quote:

On 2012-11-03 20:35, 4WDtiki wrote:

Yep, he'll also ignore your message as well.

I've seen quite a few people leave comments about having issues with this member/seller and cannot understand why people continue to deal with him. I'm curious to see if he'll ignore my response also.

P.S. It could be just coincidence but i'm wondering if "The Witch Doctor" and "White Devil" are the same person (same initials). White Devil seems to be the only person who defends him.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Trad'r Bill
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 07:52 am   Permalink

Quote:

P.S. It could be just coincidence but i'm wondering if "The Witch Doctor" and "White Devil" are the same person (same initials). White Devil seems to be the only person who defends him.

Hakalugi confirmed that "James Walker" was a fake account created by Witch Doctor, used to hype up his racist Obama mug, so I wouldn't put it past him.

View Profile of Trad'r Bill Send a personal message to Trad'r Bill  Email Trad'r Bill     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 10:02 am   Permalink

That's it!

I'm tired of the debates over racism dominating topics on TC. It's annoying. I come here for tiki, not mindless bickering. Tiki=escapism. I will say my peace, and challenge anyone to argue with it. Pop Tiki Culture is, by it's very nature, racist. White Americans (Vic, Don) co-opted non-white cultures for their own profit, creating their own spin, which, at times, could be racist. No, it's not all racist, and most tiki purists have the utmost respect for the original cultures, HOWEVER, there are quite a few racist instances in Tiki Culture. I won't go into all of them, but I will list a few. Back to my original point, please read the following, then leave the political debates and personal attacks off TC. Please.

1. There is nothing racist about the sculpt. Not even big ears. Political cartoonists often give him big ears and big lips. Nothing. It's not spot on, but it's a pretty damn good likeness.
1a. The Politiki mugs weren't exactly flattering. Carter had giant teeth and Reagan has a ball chin.
2. Making a black person into a shrunken head isn't racist. The Jivaro weren't black. They were/are South American. And unless you want to debate the validity of the theory of continental drift, then there's no connection between the Jivaro and Africa. The style of the sculpt is distinctly Jivaro. Though many other cultures did make shrunken heads.
3. Jungle Juice. Favorite drink of college fraternities for a very long time. Also, using a different recipe, a drink enjoyed by the Zen Tiki Lounge. (ZTL 260) What's that? I guess that must make ZTL racists. Or, or, perhaps Jungle Juice is a common drink, served by many bars, with a long history. I'm told Vic had a version, but I don't have any of my books in front of me to point to an exact page. And there's a Vegas tiki bar that still serves it! (Turned up in google, I don't feel like finding it again, but can, if someone wants to see which one it is.) And traditionally, Jungle Juice is made with bottom shelf ingredients. (Which may be racist in the origin of the drink/punch. I have no idea, to be honest.) And guess what, peoples of all colors live in jungles.
4. Fu Manchu (drink and mug), Trader Vic's Kona Grog Mug (I have one, the lips are large), Trader Vic's paper placemats, logos, cartoons, illustrations, drink names...there are a lot of examples.
5. Sven: "A fascination with the exotic is part of the western European temperament, and tiki style, when it was happening, was an example of a white middle-class fad."
6. The "racist" bird in the Enchanted Tiki Room.
7. Shall I go on?

The point is, please let it drop. Things are racist if you want them to be. And if you're that sensitive to race, then complain about the other tenants if tiki culture that are racist, or not at all.

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hale Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 10:04 am   Permalink

Oh, and The Goof! Holy crap, that is the most racist mug/thing I've ever seen!

I have two. I enjoy them immensely, and drank the drink myself. I earned those mugs!

View Profile of Hale Tiki Send a personal message to Hale Tiki  Email Hale Tiki Goto the website of Hale Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
happy buddha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2012-11-05 11:56 am   Permalink

Well I think the obvious argument with what you're saying is that was 50 or 60 some years ago, when much more of America was more intolerant and even ignorant in matters of race.

Most of us should have evolved by now.

View Profile of happy buddha Send a personal message to happy buddha  Goto the website of happy buddha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation