FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-03 9:14 pm   Permalink

Mike, I agree with Cy, and Hang10. I second what Hale Tiki said, I'd love to see that one cast. Love the colors, texture, and design.

Henrik, was looking forward to seeing what you were going to create, I guess I'll just look forward to seeing what new magic you're coming up with next. If you feel a need to exchange with someone, I volunteer.

Wendy, if I was drinking, your comment would have made me spit it out, or made it come out through my nose laughing. Good thing I wasn't. Well, maybe it's time I made a drink. Good thinking. Good talk.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-03 9:16 pm   Permalink

Mike, by the way, whatever proportions you used mixing up that coral glaze, it's absolutely on point- love it.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-04 5:15 pm   Permalink

amazing!

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-04 6:01 pm   Permalink

After stewin' for a few days I admit I'm a bit ticked and am just going to say it. If you can't come through on doing a swap then don't sign up. We all have other things going but this is a fun way to connect with other TCers and to bogue on the commitment is to me disappointing.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-04 6:16 pm   Permalink

I want to say this without offending anyone... I will probably fail... my viewpoint... no need to "sign up" for the art swap. If you present a finished piece by the deadline, you are in... If you do NOT present a finished piece by the deadline, you are out...
Enough said...
My progress continues... (I really like my ellipses...)
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-04 7:50 pm   Permalink

A point well taken Kele.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-04 10:23 pm   Permalink

That is the nice thing about this Swap format ~ it's OK to express interest but it doesn't commit you to anything. Sometimes life happens and you just can't get a project together that you are happy with. In the end we just draw from the projects that are finished.

Hale, I tried 2:1, 1:1, 1:2, 1:5, 1:10 and ended up using 1:7.5

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-05 09:24 am   Permalink

If you are working on something I think we would all love to see the process. If you don't finish in time well then you just don't swap. The fun part is watching each other. I think MadDogMike makes more than one thing so that we keep coming back to see what has been done. Thanks Mike, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-05 11:36 am   Permalink

Wendy, inspiration struck again! I wonder if I have time to finish a 3rd project before the end of the month

Working title: "Sea Menehune's Slow Rider"
All my friends know the Slow Rider

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-05 1:11 pm   Permalink

Whatever that is I know it will be great. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-06 09:51 am   Permalink

25 DAYS LEFT!!!

Thank you Wendy, more progress

zerostreet
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-06 11:13 am   Permalink

Some sort of Sea Slug!?

View Profile of zerostreet Send a personal message to zerostreet  Email zerostreet Goto the website of zerostreet     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-06 12:56 pm   Permalink

MDM, it's friend for Gary, SpongeBob SquarePants pet snail!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-06 4:42 pm   Permalink

I certainly should have thought more before I pressed the submit button a few days ago but I can't go back and un-ring that bell. I am very pleased with the people involved in this swap and should not have concerned myself with those that aren't. Sorry to bring down the mood and it won't happen again.

A multi-media piece to fit the subject matter "Fishsticks" was made from bass wood for the fish and spear tips, green gardening bamboo for the shafts, old barn wood for the frames and screen printed t shirt material for the petroglyphs.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-06 4:45 pm   Permalink

Cy you have created a beautiful piece. MDM sea slug or??? Wendy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation