FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Sea Creature of the South Pacific Art Swap ~ Done!
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 2:17 pm   Permalink

I thought we were shooting for the END of Feb due to the holidays.

i am just getting back into the art studio this week and it would almost be impossible to have a piece finished in a few weeks.

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 2:57 pm   Permalink

Thanks, guys. Hoping the kiln gets fired sooner than later. All this waiting makes me want to get my own kiln even more.... Look forward to seeing others' pieces too. Great stuff all around- and Mike, I agree with Wendy, thanks for getting us all together for the Swap.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-11 5:54 pm   Permalink

Badd tiki- 5 hour energy, chocolate covered expresso beans, Starbucks doubleshot, rockstar grape recovery drink... You can do it....

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-12 07:57 am   Permalink

Well, it has more to do with WHEN it goes in the Kiln in a busy class/studio, whether or not it comes out in one piece and has to be redone...

I just thought everyone agreed that the Holidays were a good reason not to rush this one.

---
Was looking forward to it, guess I gotta skip it.

Why dis it have to be such a rush?

[ This Message was edited by: Badd Tiki 2013-01-13 14:51 ]

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-13 4:48 pm   Permalink

It looks like we are going to have a smaller turnout for this Swap that we have in previous summer Swaps (I expected that). What do you think of extending the deadline another month? Would it help bring in a few of you out there who are on the fence?

Nautilus pompilius and Chromodoris annae have barely survived their first firing; my Kiln Sitter malfunctioned and did not turn the kiln off at the proper temperature. They overfired but seem undamaged by the experience. Fortunately it was the bisque firing, overfiring the glaze firing washes out the colors and ruins the piece

Here they are with underglaze on them before going into the kiln again (it just now turned off at proper temp this time).

Next will be a clear glaze firing, then a cone 018 luster firing.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-14 03:25 am   Permalink

Some great stuff here for sure Mike.
I knew I could not get in on this one
this time due to holidays ECT...
But that mug you made is awesome!
Great work all!

________________________________________________________________________________________________
¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸TIKISKIP,Lights,ECT¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸¨*•.¸¸

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-14 06:24 am   Permalink

DISASTER STRUCK!!!

Against my better judgement, I burnished my nautilus shell a little to make it smooth. Looks like I burnished it a little too much because the underglaze flaked off!

I'll take some sandpaper to it, see if I can rough it up and give it a little "tooth". Maybe I can water the underglaze down a little so it soaks into the ceramic a little better too.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-14 07:42 am   Permalink

Hay Skip- so if the deadline is extended, you can jump in right???

Mike- not sure what all that CLAY fancy talk means but it looks cool..hope it's ok.

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-14 10:17 am   Permalink

I wish I could.
But Got a big project I'm working on at this time.
These swaps are fun though.
Keep em going.
I will have more time mid summer.

Lights for home and
commercial TIKI bars.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-14 10:45 am   Permalink

Maybe next time...

Jon

MadDogMike
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-01-14 10:56 am   Permalink

I got several responses from people who thought they might be able to participate if we extend the deadline. And no one seemed to be against it so we will officially extend the deadline to February 28th, 2013

Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-15 11:40 am   Permalink

Awesome Possum. I can definitely get something done by then.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-15 1:55 pm   Permalink

Sweet
Go Badd Go

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-15 3:32 pm   Permalink

Look forward to seeing more pieces a-coming! Hopefully a whole lot more people will join in.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-15 6:59 pm   Permalink

The more, the merrier! More tiki art-liciousness for everyone!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation