FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Events » » Other Events » » Hukilau 2003 Report
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Hukilau 2003 Report
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-03 11:53 pm   Permalink

Classic!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
crazy al
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 12:09 am   Permalink

if i only had my computer smarts, i'd post some great pics too.... Help Sugar Man...

great time with Ya All!!!

lot of talent in our group! we kick Ass!

View Profile of crazy al Send a personal message to crazy al  Email crazy al Goto the website of crazy al     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 06:35 am   Permalink

Great Party Everyone! Thank you Tiki Kaliki, Swanky, Breele and Tristan for making this one of the most memorable Tiki Trips we ever had. Can't wait for next year. King Kukulele, Crazy Al and I Belli Di Waikiki you were the life of the party. My wife laughed so hard Friday night during the Kings set that she peed her pants!

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 10:07 am   Permalink

For those that didn't catch it, we will be back at the Mai Kai next year. We can't say no to Mrs. Thornton! The employees can't stop talking about Hukilau and how they have not had such a great reaction to the Dinner Show in years and we were all so nice!

Announcing Swank Pad and Crazy Al's Molokai Maiden!

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 11:27 am   Permalink

Now dat I wen said tanks to all I would like to give a special Mahaloz to Swanky, Tiki Kaliki, Breele and Tristan fo dis ono Tiki trip. I had great seats tanks to you guys! I will be looking towards your next events.
BIG Mahaloz!!!!

Al&Shelly, for the beautiful guest room and dat little bottle of aspirin on da "world map stool" love dat stool!

It was greatly a pleasure meeting Wayne
"Mai Tiki" at this event. Never thought I would get da chance.....tanks to Swanky's crew fo dat to happen.

Crazy Al, it was a plessure meating you. You have beautiful work braddah!! jus as Chiki, I to look up to your work!! I want to see some of my mystery drink pics you took brah!

Boobam Ben, you are a awsome bamboo'er braddah.....i like da way you open up corona bottles also, Ho dats talent braddah. come check me out sometime on da islands.

Chiki, nice meeting ya in Cali dude. beautiful work you do. Nice job on da little Filipino words you know to, you crack me up wen you speek it. If you were to spell Aloha in spanish it would be like this ya "Aloja"
see I know some spanish.
dem crazy looney(sorry if mis spelled) tiki peeps, you guys are ono! great artist. Nice meeting your wrecking krew!

BK, great craftsmanship you offer to da world of tiki! Mahaloz fo dat mystery drink!

Shelly, great job on those two maikai outfits! you da bes dam so'er on da so'ing ma'cheen!

King K, you wun funny buggah! wen you coming to play on da islands? I gon talk to a few peopo I know about getting you here.

Manic cat I love yuuuuuuuu! tanks fo da pics and dat book. That was nice of you to give me all dat stuff. Aloha to you and your kane.

wetha it was wun simple hand shake or swaping body fluids....It was my plessure meeting you all!

jus kiddin bout da body fluids...

Aloooooooha!

Aloooooooja Chiki

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-04 12:33 pm   Permalink

Gecko gets kissed by The Mystery Lady.

View Profile of Swanky Send a personal message to Swanky  Email Swanky Goto the website of Swanky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Swanky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-05 10:45 am   Permalink

I have almost all of our pictures up on the site now and I have started a few pages with extra info. Click on pictures with borders for those extra pages.

We are getting in more pictures and they will be posted as I have time. Keep 'em comin'! I hope someone out there got a picture of me and Mrs. Thornton dancing.

Send us your video too. That's going to be a long project, but I would like to edit all the tape I get into one nice video.

I'll be putting the 2002 pictures back up and rearranging the site for 2002, 2003 and the future stuff to included.

manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-05 1:31 pm   Permalink

You're welcome, Gecko. I'm bummed that I couldn't make it the Hukilaua and meet the rest of the TC Ohana. But, I'm writing from Poland now (and yes! I love Polish jokes)and soon to head off to Ukraine. Aloha from Eastern Europe. See you at Hukilau III.
Manic "Kitcha" (Cat in Pl. and Ukr.)

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
manic cat
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-05 1:31 pm   Permalink

You're welcome, Gecko. I'm bummed that I couldn't make it the Hukilaua and meet the rest of the TC Ohana. But, I'm writing from Poland now (and yes! I love Polish jokes)and soon to head off to Ukraine. Aloha from Eastern Europe. See you at Hukilau III.
Manic "Kitcha" (Cat in Pl. and Ukr.)

View Profile of manic cat Send a personal message to manic cat  Email manic cat     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-05 3:01 pm   Permalink

Ahhhh....

Hukilau was indescribably wonderful -- it's taken me a week to absorb it all and even feel ready to describe it. Folks here at work, so used to hearing about my tiki escapades as soon as I return from them, have been baffled by the simple beatific smile they're greeted with when I'm asked "how my tiki thing went."

I left my camera at home this time, and I'm glad I did -- the experience will live on much better in my head, photographs would fail it.

Many factors contributed to my extreme enjoyment of that weekend, but the single most important one was Miss Inky Louise. My favorite memory is simply the two of us girls, all alone, playing in the ocean in the middle of the night after we returned from the Mai Kai. How fortunate was I? I got to go to bed every night with Inky Louise!!

There can never be enough mahalos for the folks that made it happen. Thank you so much, Swanky, Kiliki, Bree & Tristan! I can't begin to fathom the many months of hard work that went into just that one weekend.

With so much going on, I feel like I missed 2/3rds of what was happening. My biggest regret is that I missed meeting so many East Coast TCers! Next time, a more concerted effort will be made on my part.

That said, I *did* get to meet a bunch of new (to me) folks, which is always a blast!

Purple Jade -- so neat to finally meet you! Can't wait to swap closets.

Basement Kahuna & Brad the Beachcomber -- oh my god, do they make boys right down south! Such gentlemen, so charming, the girls were positively melting as you guys passed by, we don't have boys like you out here on the west coast. Screw LA, I'm moving to Georgia!

James -- the rumors are true, girls, he's quite dashing, and a bit impish. Sharing the fireworks moment with you was just right.

Gecko -- I'm going to extend the echo with yet another *swoon*... but where was that pigeon? Next time, I'm gonna see you in Hawaii so I can hear that beautiful lilt.

Kava King & his Queen -- it was great to share a table with you folks! Who knew my handbag was so famous?

Vern -- it was so great to put a face to the name! I'll have to come up with an excuse to visit DC so I can see the local tiki sights!

I think I met more TCers for the first time, but due my zombie-induced haze, you may have to re-introduce yourself at the next event!

My new Hoiti Toiti 'ohana, thank you so much for accepting me into your tribe! I can't wait to be down there with you. In particular, it was a blast hanging with the boys, Crazy Al & Bamboo Ben! C'Al, my little resin ape has been affixed to my handbag, and is now my constant companion and symbolic reminder of all that is TC. Ben, you can advertise on my ass anytime you want! Holden, of course, is the ultimate stress reliever. Sane Al & Shelly, SugarCaddyDaddy, TraderPup, King Kukulele, Doctor Z & Z-girl... you guys feel like home to me already.

Of course, it's not *all* about the Hoiti Toitis -- TikiVixen, Mr. Smiley, Otto & Baby Doe, Tiki Bob, I love seeing you guys!

Casey, from Caliente Tropics -- I'm so glad that after hosting us so graciously at Oasis, you were able to relax and enjoy an event! Welcome, officially, to the 'ohana.

David Doris -- dunno if you're on here, but in case you are, you were a blast to chat with! I hope to see you at more events.

This year has been an amazing one for me so far -- massive life changes, hugely painful experiences, terrifying new decisions to be making... and through all of this, you guys have been there, waiting with a smile and a Mai Tai. This year, which could easily have been described as my annus horribilus, has been quite possibly the best of my life. Much aloha to all of you, mahalo.

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiluvgirl
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-05 9:38 pm   Permalink

Hukilau was a blast..thanks to all who made it happen....although I didn't happen to meet many tiki centralites {due to my early nites no doubt,the mai tais did it!} I really look forward to next year..The Mai Kai is a knock out! Anyone who missed out save up and go next year..this is a mecca for tiki freaks.... Can't wait for Hukilau '04

View Profile of tikiluvgirl Send a personal message to tikiluvgirl  Email tikiluvgirl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijaksin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-06 09:40 am   Permalink

hukilau 2 was all that I thought and more!! it was kool meeting all the TC'ers and da local lauderdale punk kids. saw some familiar heads from last year, and met a few new ones.I wont mention names cause I suffer from a condition called "CRS" and have trouble retaining names and stuff ,but the whole damn thing was kool .Kiliki, Swanky, once again thanks for everything and cant wait till da next one. Jaksin "TikithuggeryWorldwide"

View Profile of tikijaksin Send a personal message to tikijaksin  Email tikijaksin Goto the website of tikijaksin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loonatiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-07-06 11:02 am   Permalink

Hell yeah! HUKILAU '03 was off the chain... I'm still recooperating from it all, not to mention the hula lesson that I got from the lovely wahines at the Mai-Kai. It was fun meeting a bunch of cool people, tiki artists and seeing familiar faces also. Mucho Mahalos to Swanky ,Kiliki and everyone who made the event possible. Can't wait to do it all over again next year. Kreepy Tiki wants to thank everyone for participating in our tiki raffle and congratulations to the lucky winners! KT...jinxproofed since '97.

View Profile of Loonatiki Send a personal message to Loonatiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-06 10:17 pm   Permalink

Kaliki, Swanky, Bree and all the rest -- Hukilau 2 was THE BEST!

I had a blast and can't wait for 3!

Thanks for all the hard work you guys put into it.

I'll try to get some photos up this week.

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
inkylouise
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-06 11:40 pm   Permalink

I've just arrived home, to NYC. This evening before boarding the plane I had a final cocktail at Mai Kai, and although the atmosphere was decidedly Sleepier than last weekend, the Awesome Tiki Ohana Vibe still reverberated through the air!

Kiliki and Swanky – that was an awesome party, the best. I am glad that I never went to my high school prom; I am going to fantasize forever that Hukilau was it!

Humu – The best roomie ever! The wardrobe changes, the midnight swims….We will Divide and conquer!

Shelley – The Shiniest pearl on the beach. Thanks sooooo much for including me in your special costume extravaganza and sharing that passionate moment w/ our mystery man. I wouldn’t have been able to handle him by myself. The girls at Mai Kai today kept asking were my sister was!??!

Al, Crazy Al, Bamboo, and King – Thanks for keeping the party going for a few days, Kickin’ back on Ink Key. I loved meeting you all and can’t wait for more fun times ahead.

To all the other great folks I met… Holden, Kava and Mrs. Kava, Purple Jade, Brad, the Zs, Traderpup, Bree, Gecko, JamesT, the Italian Sailors, and all the rest. When in New York, the door is open at the InkPad.

Manic – next year I am dragging you!!!!

Now it’s time to scan the photo albums and see how many compromising photos feature some renegade Mystery Girls…

View Profile of inkylouise Send a personal message to inkylouise      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation