FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki A kinder, gentler Tiki Central
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
A kinder, gentler Tiki Central
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 4:08 pm   Permalink

Ironically the very people who this thread was directed at, those few souls lacking social and emotional intelligence, have again taken over with their tired inside joke banter.

What's worse than having to endure poor quality tiki items? I'll tell you. It's having to endure the lonely, frustrated comedy attempts by some of the folks here. Having a talent for humor is a gift. Having the ability to generate an awkward grin from people because of your willingness to shock means you are what comics call a "hack".

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Mr. Unreasonable

Posted: 2013-01-31 4:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-31 15:33, Bay Park Buzzy wrote:
TC moderators should also permanently ban anyone who starts one of those: "TC and everyone on it sucks, so I'm leaving and never posting again!" threads...and then shamefully comes back a few hours/ months/days later.

Buzzy Out!

Buzzy, I would love to do that mostly because those same people are the same ones who become enraged when no one begs them to stay. Next time you see one of those let me know, I'll slap an "Okay Bye" on it and lock it up. Then we can all watch as it sinks to the bottom.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 4:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-31 16:08, SuperEight wrote:
Ironically the very people who this thread was directed at, those few souls lacking social and emotional intelligence, have again taken over with their tired inside joke banter.

What's worse than having to endure poor quality tiki items? I'll tell you. It's having to endure the lonely, frustrated comedy attempts by some of the folks here. Having a talent for humor is a gift. Having the ability to generate an awkward grin from people because of your willingness to shock means you are what comics call a "hack".

I was hoping this thread would eventually deliver, and it finally has! And yes, my soul is lacking social and emotional intelligence....and, I like Adam and the Ants, but not the Beatles.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LostIsland
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-31 5:28 pm   Permalink

Quote:

While I don't necessarily agree with all of the points above, it does illustrate a point. This site is often treated as a private social club and any "outsiders" should be happy being treated rudely or expect to be called a "whiner". I don't really know if anyone was whining, but this thread has proven the point of the original poster. What exactly is it about rudeness, elitism and adolescent exclusionism that speaks to or in any way supports the tiki movement or the spirit of aloha?

I have been into tiki for over 30 years and have found it a refreshing escape from the daily garbage many of us have to deal with. Other than a few experiences on this site I have found the tiki community to be inviting, welcoming and unpretentious. Why that so often fails to translate to many users of this site I will likely never know. It just seems to be a sad indictment of this site when it's defenders have to say that it's no worse than other sites on the web. I just always thought this community could aspire to just a little bit more than that.I guess I'm just a whining outsider...

View Profile of LostIsland Send a personal message to LostIsland  Goto the website of LostIsland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 5:40 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-31 13:54, GROG wrote:
GROG think we should ban BONG and put ATP and John -O on the chopping block. Their first misstep and chop, they join Bong in being banned.

I was already permanently banned, remember?
GROG not nice to ATP & John-O, We come to GROG's cave and eat GROG's food now!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 5:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I think your just angry because you don't get the jokes
and I am pretty sure it is "I" you are referring too

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
woofmutt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 6:13 pm   Permalink

I felt like adding something to this thread so I did.

View Profile of woofmutt Send a personal message to woofmutt  Email woofmutt Goto the website of woofmutt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LostIsland
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-31 6:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-31 18:13, woofmutt wrote:
I felt like adding something to this thread so I did.

well played....

View Profile of LostIsland Send a personal message to LostIsland  Goto the website of LostIsland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SuperEight
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 6:24 pm   Permalink

I do indeed understand all the pop culture, sci fi , and other nerd references that don't really pass as comedy. And it's a sign of a true comedy hack to blame the audience for all the sounds of crickets that you are hearing.

View Profile of SuperEight Send a personal message to SuperEight  Email SuperEight     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 6:24 pm   Permalink

Just picture everything I say in a "Kelsey Grammer" voice
then you will get the jokes

And then realize the Sophisti-mo-cation of my humorus
oh look, inbound arrows!

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 6:27 pm   Permalink

I bet you like clowns and mimes!

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 6:55 pm   Permalink

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
http://www.facebook.com/bambooben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 7:00 pm   Permalink

Fingered I get it in before it get's locked. Old school!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LostIsland
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-01-31 7:16 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-31 19:00, RevBambooBen wrote:
Fingered I get it in before it get's locked. Old school!

I was already laughing and Ben puts the icing on the cake...

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-01-31 7:37 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-01-31 18:24, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Just picture everything I say in a "Kelsey Grammer" voice
then you will get the jokes

see, that's the rub, isn't it?

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation