FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki A kinder, gentler Tiki Central
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
A kinder, gentler Tiki Central
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 11:31 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-01 11:14, Wildsville man wrote:
now look at this video and tell me how different it looks from a Tiki Event

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zH-cPckntEY

Honestly

Give him a Bill Tapa Uku and it's Tiki

W

http://www.tiki-caliente.com

[ This Message was edited by: Wildsville man 2013-02-01 11:15 ]

I always knew our vice president was a fun guy! Didn't know he played the uke though....

Rory, in all fairness this does look somewhat like saturday night at tiki oasis, headliner. But, you would need to get a lot more tatts going on that crowd to make the picture complete!

Tatts= tiki, punk=tiki, Hawaii does NOT = tiki!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 11:50 am   Permalink

MIAMI
IDAHO
SITDOWN

No emoticon for "I dropped my drink"

Got a new

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bora Boris
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 12:27 pm   Permalink

One good thing about posts like this is that a lot of the people this thread may actually be about get distracted by it and focus on it like Sauron's Eye while good posts can happen undisturbed around it.

View Profile of Bora Boris Send a personal message to Bora Boris      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 1:56 pm   Permalink

Dawn:
If you are not getting responses, it is because we are in awe of your work. Most of us have a least one piece of your art in our Tiki bars.
Quote:

On 2013-02-01 11:19, Sophista-tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-01-31 18:24, SuperEight wrote:
it's a sign of a true comedy hack to blame the audience for all the sounds of crickets that you are hearing.

HOLY CRAP!! is this why I get nothing when I post in my art thread.?
the sound of crickets = hack

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 2:11 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-01 11:19, Sophista-tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2013-01-31 18:24, SuperEight wrote:
it's a sign of a true comedy hack to blame the audience for all the sounds of crickets that you are hearing.

HOLY CRAP!! is this why I get nothing when I post in my art thread.?
the sound of crickets = hack

It was me, I killed your thread.
When I posted on it died, not even you posted.
I am thread killer.
Look on the bright side you get more feedback on your thread than mine does.
Great stuff by the way.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 2:45 pm   Permalink

so funny! I was wondering! I thought I was my own thread killer. But seriously thats onre of the biggest reasons I've tapered off posting on TC , all I ever get is crickets. Since art is really the only vaiid contribution I can make here if there are no responses, than whats the point.

I cause way more trouble over on FB than I do here.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 2:56 pm   Permalink

You do cause trouble on FB, but I enjoy your posts!

View Profile of Big Kahuna Send a personal message to Big Kahuna  Email Big Kahuna     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 2:57 pm   Permalink

Boy! We got way off topic didn't we? Back to the Lovefest!

[ This Message was edited by: Big Kahuna 2013-02-01 14:57 ]

tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 2:59 pm   Permalink

True I used to think the same thing.
But... your art sells well.
You get lots of hits so people are looking, I look.
I'm just not one to post everytime I see cool great stuff, Guess I should start.
Don't want to become one of those "your great" " no it's you who are great" "ohhh no no no it's you"
people, But then that is a better way to sell tiki.
Can't begin to let you all konw how many times I bite my toung on TC.
This is the kinder, gentler Tikiskip.

For the good and the bad,
Tikicentral is the best!!!

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sophista-tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 3:21 pm   Permalink

I just have to add one more thing about perceived nice behavior and civility. For all the peeps that are in my approximate age group (I guess we are gen x), its been my observation that sarcasm is the hallmark of our generation. Sarcasm / snarky comments and jokes are almost always misinterpreted unless you actually know the person in real life.

View Profile of Sophista-tiki Send a personal message to Sophista-tiki  Email Sophista-tiki Goto the website of Sophista-tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 3:29 pm   Permalink

Well I think the lesson we learned today is: Tiki is a harsh Mistress, then you die!

Tikiskip, how come you learned to bite your tongue (even though it hurts like a sona-ma-bitch)
and I can't? I try, but I just can't.....

Dawn just check your thread hits to see all the TCers taking a gander at your werks,I really like
all the fabric you turn out.

Big K, you just keep doing what your doing and one day you will get that BB Gun for Xmas!

Threads like this may have the one good effect of allowing people to just clear the air
in an angst driven, Hate fueled Hellfire of catharsis vomit, just be sure to have a breath-mint handy
for the aftermath (Voice of Kelsey Grammer)

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2013-02-01 15:33 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 3:36 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-02-01 07:26, JOHN-O wrote:

And I don't understand the references to TC trash talking on FB. My social network of Tikiphiles has grown pretty large since I joined FB last Nov. I see very little mention of Tiki or TC in these posts. I do see cats. Lots and lots of cats.

I completely agree JOHN-O. I've never seen any reference to trash talking TC, or mention of it in general myself either.

And the cat pictures aren't all mine. Only some.

Quote:

On 2013-02-01 15:21, Sophista-tiki wrote:
I just have to add one more thing about perceived nice behavior and civility. For all the peeps that are in my approximate age group (I guess we are gen x), its been my observation that sarcasm is the hallmark of our generation. Sarcasm / snarky comments and jokes are almost always misinterpreted unless you actually know the person in real life.

That's very true, but when sarcasm/snarky comments and jokes are constantly posted and derailing threads, it gets a little tedious.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 3:52 pm   Permalink

Most of my FB friends are Tikiphiles, too & I've never seen any negative TC posts on FB. I love TC & FB is growing on me.

lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 4:04 pm   Permalink

I AM A SOCIOPATH!

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Big Kahuna
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-02-01 4:07 pm   Permalink

Lucas, I've never had the pleasure of meeting you, but I'm rather fond of those other 2 knucklheads!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation