FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Trader Sam's - Orlando
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
Trader Sam's - Orlando
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-11 06:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-10 20:21, wizzard419 wrote:
Over as in "in favor of" mostly because they don't care about the family-dining stuff and want only specific items, if you check the yelp reviews (which can skewer it at times) they frequently suggest going to the bar over the dinner show.

[ This Message was edited by: wizzard419 2014-06-10 20:21 ]

Ohhh. Gotcha. Silly. Ohana is more about the food than the show… if you want a show, head to Luau Cove.

Ace- enjoy Molokai!

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-11 8:35 pm   Permalink

Though I instantly have to knock off points for a review when the first words out of people's mouth is about the quantity of food. Kind of like how people proclaim cruises are the best thing ever because they can stuff their faces the entire time.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-12 5:07 pm   Permalink

^^ THAT.

The revue has a few good points and some authentic dancing, but there's also Hawaii 5-0 and Lilo and Stitch.

The Mai Kai is better.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-12 10:55 pm   Permalink

It would make sense to scale back Tambu's "lounge" area a bit. Anyone who wants that experience would be better off heading down to Trader Sam's. But I'm sure the bar will still exist to service the second floor restaurants. From what I've heard, 'Ohana will just get a refurb. Kona is a great place for breakfast, lunch and dinner, so I'm sure it's not going anywhere. But it would not surprise me if it gets a name and/or decor change.

Featuring The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-12 11:06 pm   Permalink

It looks like Tambu gets a decent chunk of business from Ohana because people go there and get cocktails while waiting for their seating.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-13 05:59 am   Permalink

Ohana isn't getting a refurb until this madness is finished, I feel. They need to keep SOME draw open at the Poly while construction goes on.

wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-13 11:02 am   Permalink

I'm surprised they aren't getting a refresh before the renovations are done just so you don't have the experience of going from "New" to "Old and busted".

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 10:10 am   Permalink

Perhaps, though, Ohana still looks pretty great. We had the corner table on Friday night and everything was superb.

Wichita Lime Man
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-06-18 08:52 am   Permalink

I was at the Tambu Lounge last week and talked to the bartender about the upcoming changes. He said the Lounge would still be there because it serves 'Ohana. He also said Trader Sam's would have indoor seating for about 50 as well as some outdoor seating. Sounds plausible, but CMs aren't necessarily in the loop when it comes to final plans.

Captain Cook's has moved to a new temporary location. Construction of what appear to be DVC "Grand Villas" is underway on pilings just off the beach in front of the Hawaii building.

View Profile of Wichita Lime Man Send a personal message to Wichita Lime Man      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 10:47 am   Permalink

So far that's pretty much in line with what I've been told/reported as well. Tambu isn't going anywhere and Sam's is slightly larger than CA but not terribly so.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 1:01 pm   Permalink

I'm guessing there isn't that much space to work with.

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 1:10 pm   Permalink

I would hope that the outdoor seating is centered around the new pool area that they'll be building. That could tie in, nicely. Grog GROTTO, after all.

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-30 04:27 am   Permalink

We got some news about Grog Grotto last night at the Mahaloween event, last night, it seems!

New mugs! Based off of the face found on the old Tangaroa Terrace building!

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-30 04:32 am   Permalink

Another mug...

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-30 04:32 am   Permalink

and the shirt/logo!

So cool!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation