FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Ľ Ľ General Tiki Ľ Ľ Trader Sam's - Orlando
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
Trader Sam's - Orlando
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-30 12:37 pm   Permalink

I need one of those shirts!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-30 2:44 pm   Permalink

I need 20 of each. LOL.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-30 3:41 pm   Permalink

As of now the shirt is supposed to only be on orange - dunno what the blue business is about but of course anything can change. The mugs are also supposedly for the Poly gift shop and not for Trader Sam's Grog Grotto.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-30 3:58 pm   Permalink

You know what? I think I actually prefer that. More accessible. And that means that they'll be stocked more often.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-10-12 8:39 pm   Permalink

Mahalo for the photos EPCOTExplorer. I've incorporated them into my recent post that covers not only the latest news on Trader Sam's Grog Grotto coming soon to the Polynesian, but also a full report and photos from Mahaloween Luau at Disneyland, and a special drink recipe. WDW, get ready for Uh-Oa!
http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/?p=8559

The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-10-13 11:09 am   Permalink

My pleasure.

Hurricane Hayward

Posted: 2014-11-16 12:21 am   Permalink

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/the-resort/dining/item/205-trader-sams-grog-grotto

A new page on Tikiman's site pulls together a bunch of info on Trader Sam's. Sorry, still no opening date, but he does include some info I haven't see before about the size of the bar and exact amount of seating:

"Trader Sam's Grog Grotto will have an interior that is about the same square footage as the Trader Sam's Enchanted Tiki Bar but the layout will be much different and I believe it will flow better. It will seat about 45 and that includes the 17 bar stools."

However, the outdoor seating looks to be much more expansive than Disneyland:

"Something that will be improved over the bar out west will be the outdoor patio. The outdoor seating at the Enchanted Tiki Bar is a great place to relax and enjoy drinks and live music but can often get crowded. The one at the Polynesian will be larger and hopefully not fill up as fast. It will also have its own outdoor bar to support the guests enjoying the patio. This patio will be just outside the old arcade (where the bar is going) and will have views of the marina and lagoon just beyond the new Nanea pool deck that will go through a renovation starting in Summer 2014 and finish by April 2015. The patio will be mostly covered with tables of 4 and a few padded loungers near the doors into the bar. The loungers have seating for about 9. The tables are across a patio that merges into a seating area for Captain Cook's. This is similar to how the Enchanted Tiki Bar seating runs up against the seating for Tangaroa Terrace but as some point they do not serve alcohol past certain tables. It looks like about 72 seats are on the bar side and 64 seats are near Captain Cook's. Total Seating on the outdoor patio looks to be 145.

The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-16 1:25 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the post Hurricane, does NOT look like a carbon copy of TS @ DL. Outdoor seating will be critical since a large group could monopolize the interior seats quickly.

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward

Posted: 2014-11-18 12:06 pm   Permalink

The latest from Tikiman's website:

"Trader Samís construction is on the schedule through December and speaking to people on the project I was told it might be more like next summer before it opens. I wonder if this has anything to do with it opening around the time of the pool since Trader Samís patio is right up against the new pool deck."

http://www.tikimanpages.com/poly/news/item/218-november-report

Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-18 1:25 pm   Permalink

Hurricane, read the link article interesting. One concern with this project will be the general public access to TS at WDW whenever it opens in 2015 (??). ITS part of the Poly, not like TS at Disneyland which is next to their DTD in Anaheim.

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-18 2:51 pm   Permalink

Anybody can access the hotels of Walt Disney World, so while it is not as easily accessible as Anaheim it is still a hotel bar that you can visit anytime. It's not exclusive to hotel guests only.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-18 7:11 pm   Permalink

Yeah, the only thing that is exclusive to people staying at that property is usually swimming pools.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikijackskeleton
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-11-18 8:28 pm   Permalink

Factor in that getting to the Poly Hotel is as simple as jumping on a monorail from the Magic Kingdom. What you would have to do to get to the ticketing/parking lot or to go towards Epcot.

So it really shouldn't be a problem.

View Profile of tikijackskeleton Send a personal message to tikijackskeleton      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-19 12:32 pm   Permalink

The only key will be is that (just like with most of the stuff) they will not likely promote it beyond vacation info stuff (the trip planning and in room info) and social media. So guests may not be aware of it unless they were at the hotel itself.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-11-19 1:44 pm   Permalink

The point I was trying to make is that TS @ Disneyland is more accessible since its more part of Anaheim's Downtown Disney than the future WDW TS as part of the overall Poly experience.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation