FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Sam's - Orlando
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
Trader Sam's - Orlando
tikiman2001
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-01-30 11:11 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-01-29 12:35, Thortiki wrote:
At DL Trader Sam's bar area is 21 ALL the time.

My 9 year old and 2 year old have been inside Trader Sam's many times. Only thing they could not do was sit at the bar and they could not go in after 8:00 PM

This will be the same thing at the Grog Grotto

View Profile of tikiman2001 Send a personal message to tikiman2001  Email tikiman2001 Goto the website of tikiman2001     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-30 11:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

Sorry, this is not correct. No kids sitting at the physical bar at any time. Kids can be inside TS, at a table not the bar, until 8 PM.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-30 11:32 am   Permalink

On 2015-01-30 11:15, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Quote:

Sorry, this is not correct. No kids sitting at the physical bar at any time. Kids can be inside TS, at a table not the bar, until 8 PM.

GEEZ, that's what I meant!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-30 3:43 pm   Permalink

That's what I meant! ...several posts ago

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-30 5:15 pm   Permalink

The only thing I see at the bar ALL the time is a lot of pink elephants. Parading down the bar, tiki drinks in hand (er, trunk!) Order a zombie and they come right up to you, too!

Cheers!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Toli
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-01-31 07:40 am   Permalink

Can't wait, I'll be staying at the Poly for 5 days starting April 16th.

View Profile of Tiki Toli Send a personal message to Tiki Toli      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PockyTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-01 1:36 pm   Permalink

Was just down in the World for a week with the lady friend, and the bungalows at the Poly look so GOOD! (they look even better after you've had a dole whip at Pineapple lanai!) They're giving out postcards at the check-in counter with concept art for Trader Sam's on them. Pretty cool stuff. Can't wait to see it in person!

View Profile of PockyTiki Send a personal message to PockyTiki  Email PockyTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-06 01:17 am   Permalink

The Disney Parks Blog gives us a sneak preview of the drink menu at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto ...
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/02/a-taste-of-the-new-drinks-coming-to-trader-sams-grog-grotto/

Looks like there will be at least five new drinks: Castaway Crush, the Polynesian Pearl, the Nautilus, the Dark & Tropical Stormy, and the Tahitian Torch.

Plus at least three drinks coming over from the Trader Sam's menu at Disneyland: Shrunken Zombie Head, Krakatoa Punch, and Uh-Oa!

The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-02-06 06:01 am   Permalink

Wow, we've come a long way since this thread first started, the opening of Sam's is getting closer and I can feel the excitement!

With the craft cocktail movement firmly-established in the US, I'm hoping that the Disney drink consultants (Yes, they do outsource this important task) will take into account that more and more cocktail drinkers are looking for GOOD drinks instead of the typical crappy-spirits-with-syrupy-mixers resort fare.

Start thinking about visiting Sam's when it opens, and also to hit up Aku-Aku in downtown Orlando that same weekend. I am planning to announce a Tiki Central meetup in this thread soon after Sam's opening is confirmed. Get ready to break out your tropical clothing, pith helmet, and other adventure accoutrements for some fun in the bar with fellow TC members!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Mocamele
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-02-06 07:48 am   Permalink

I don't want to give up my sources, but a prominent purveyor of oceanic artifacts recently told me that my order had been delayed due to (among other reasons) 3 big completed projects for [insert big company name here] in Orlando. They said that it should be open early March. I am hopeful that they were talking about Trader Sam's Grog Grotto because I will be there late March/Early April. Unless someone beats me there, I will provide a trip report with pics when I get back.

View Profile of Tiki Mocamele Send a personal message to Tiki Mocamele      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-06 10:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-02-06 06:01, AceExplorer wrote:
With the craft cocktail movement firmly-established in the US, I'm hoping that the Disney drink consultants (Yes, they do outsource this important task) will take into account that more and more cocktail drinkers are looking for GOOD drinks instead of the typical crappy-spirits-with-syrupy-mixers resort fare.

Did you post this same thing on Parks Blog? Frank is that you?

As far as the opening date, I would expect early April. The moment the date is announced, consider me booked to visit at opening.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-02-06 11:55 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-02-06 10:12, kkocka wrote:
Did you post this same thing on Parks Blog? Frank is that you?

As far as the opening date, I would expect early April. The moment the date is announced, consider me booked to visit at opening.

Yessir, Keith, you got me! I wasn't sure they were going to let my comment through since it was a very mild form of criticism intended to come across as a wishful suggestion. I'm glad they posted it. And I also had to resist making some sort of "bring back the Adventurers Club" comment.

As a side note, I have never been a head-over-heels fan of the drinks at the Tambu lounge in the Polynesian, and when I visited Trader Sam's in Anaheim, I also found the drinks somewhat too Disneyfied for my level of tiki cocktail enjoyment. But I always had a great time at both places and certainly enjoyed the great service and the mugs from Sam's. No matter what level of cocktail experience we acquire, it's always a great thing when a place like Sam's introduces so many to the wonderful world of "more than two ingredient" cocktails.

I will try to join you at the opening, however the parks usually do very sneaky soft-openings, so it might not end up being the actual true first opening. It will be difficult to pin down exactly when the place will open. But, just for grins, I'm going to start calling the Poly to see if I can develop a rapport with one of the managers to get some sort of inside track on when THEY are finally told of a soft opening.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-06 8:17 pm   Permalink

If you are looking for a place to get strong drinks, Disney is the wrong location.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-07 12:58 am   Permalink

A reliable source tells me that the Grog Grotto will use the same tropical drink syrups as Trader Sam's in Disneyland ... the B.G. Reynolds brand. So at the least we'll have our falernum, cinnamon syrup, etc. Now if they would just upgrade their rums at the Disney bars like they seem to have done with other spirits.

The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-07 11:17 am   Permalink

Yes Hayward, The Man himself confirmed the syrups. That's very good news. The rums aren't terrible by any means, in Anaheim. I think the people have done a very good job in selecting decent mixing rums. Just understand its not as easy as saying "we want rum X" because there's a whole giant process at Food & Beverages that determines what can or can't be purchased.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation