FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Sam's - Orlando
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
Trader Sam's - Orlando
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-24 4:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-19 18:12, kkocka wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-03-19 15:47, finky099 wrote:
Thanks for the updates. I'm dying to see what kind of "nautical" stuff they have inside.

Check the concept art.

Oh, Keith. Come on, now!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-24 4:21 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-24 00:57, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
Tiki_Koro: Mahalo for all the inside info on the drinks. My appetite is officially whetted. This just popped up on Twitter today, presumably shared by someone from the cast open house:

That photo snippet is making me wonder if the Nautilus mug will be made to look like a "native carving" of the submarine... iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting...

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Koro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-03-25 06:42 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-24 16:21, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Quote:

Tiki_Koro: Mahalo for all the inside info on the drinks. My appetite is officially whetted. This just popped up on Twitter today, presumably shared by someone from the cast open house:

That photo snippet is making me wonder if the Nautilus mug will be made to look like a "native carving" of the submarine... iiiiiiiiiiiiinteresting...

The mug was on display for the cast tour. It appears to be a Tiki Farm product and is the same ceramic and glaze as the first edition Uh Oa bowl. It looks very similar to the image in the menu. I didn't think it looked carved, but I wasn't looking close enough to tell.

View Profile of Tiki_Koro Send a personal message to Tiki_Koro      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-25 07:57 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-24 16:21, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Quote:

A friend who was at the preview described it exactly as that.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-25 2:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-25 07:57, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
A friend who was at the preview described it exactly as that.

Alright, well, there ya' go then That sounds like a neat idea and I'm looking forward to seeing what it actually looks like (and eventually having one on my shelf!)

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Koro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-03-25 5:46 pm   Permalink

Just had the very fortunate privilege of attending a preview of Trader Sam's Grog Grotto, and it was AMAZING! I had the Nautilus and the Tropical Dark and Stormy (just add falernum to a D&S). I also tried the sushi roll and the dumplings (pot stickers). I enjoyed the drinks and food, but even more so, I enjoyed the staff. They are simply fantastic. One of the bartenders worked with me at River Roost, another at the Jungle Cruise in the 90s and then at Sci-Fi Dine-In in 2006. A third bartender worked at Sam's and Carthay in California, although our paths never crossed. Had a great time conversing with them. There is a lighting effect for the Nautilus that simulates diving under water, along with a sound clip of Captain Nemo. The squid moves its tentacle while the bartenders pretend to swim under water and collect rum from the squid tentacle holding a bottle, all very cute and silly. The staff is funny, eager to adopt the Jungle Skipper role. I cannot wait to come back once it is open to the public. While no one will give me a straight answer, likely because they honestly do not know, the bar will probably NOT open tomorrow as reported. The patio is simply not ready. I would look for DVC testing tomorrow and Friday, with a limited opening to the public beginning Saturday. Don't take my word for it, though, for I have no idea except that they have no idea and are not certain about tomorrow. There was a lot of construction activity taking place on the patio and pool deck today, so they are trying hard to get things together. My advice is to pack your patience, manage your expectations, and be prepared for a WILDLY good time!

View Profile of Tiki_Koro Send a personal message to Tiki_Koro      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Koro
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-03-25 5:47 pm   Permalink

One more thing - the Nautilus mug shipment is not in yet. They only have a few for the bar, so they will not be available as a souvenir at first.

EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-25 9:06 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-25 17:46, Tiki_Koro wrote:
There is a lighting effect for the Nautilus that simulates diving under water, along with a sound clip of Captain Nemo.

I've heard about this effect a couple times in the last day or so, and it weirds me right out because that's exactly what I idly speculated in a post in this thread 4 days ago. Whoa.

Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-03-26 10:22 am   Permalink

Nothing new that hasn't been reported already, but my Week in Tiki blog pulls together all the latest news in one convenient location. Thanks to everyone on this board who provided info ...

http://www.slammie.com/atomicgrog/blog/2015/03/26/the-week-in-tiki-march-23-2015-trader-sams-grog-grotto-about-to-open-new-polynesian-village-resort-merchandise/

FYI, I'll be covering the media event on Tuesday.

The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-26 10:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-26 10:22, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
FYI, I'll be covering the media event on Tuesday.

As will I! See ya there.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-26 1:14 pm   Permalink

Bouya! http://www.disneydining.com/breaking-news-trader-sams-in-wdw-opening-date-announced/

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-26 3:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-26 13:14, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Bouya! http://www.disneydining.com/breaking-news-trader-sams-in-wdw-opening-date-announced/

I really wish people would stop linking to that page. It's the 26th and it's not open. Had the patio been completed on time, then yes perhaps today would have been the soft opening as planned.

Booyah!

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-03-27 07:48 am   Permalink

Too good not to share...

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-27 12:05 pm   Permalink

Soft opening tomorrow, 3/28
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2015/03/much-anticipated-trader-sams-grog-grotto-opens-at-disneys-polynesian-village-resort/

EDIT: Aiming for late April as an official opening...fuck.

[ This Message was edited by: kkocka 2015-03-27 12:20 ]

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-27 2:25 pm   Permalink

MUGS AND INTERIOR! It looks awesome! Perhaps even better than the Disneyland original!

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation