FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Trader Sam's - Orlando
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
Trader Sam's - Orlando
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 09:27 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-28 08:32, EnchantedTikiGoth wrote:
Disney did initially talk about opening up the bar with all these things in place (the mugs, etc.), so it isn't unreasonable to be a little worried and/or annoyed about it if you have a trip to WDW in the next month and a half. It cheesed me off enough to go to WDW for our, like, once-in-a-lifetime trip shortly after it was announced. If you're actually there, in the bar, knowing that you're missing your chance to get the collectible mugs that were pretty much promised? That'd just plain suck, no two ways about it. It's not a world-crashing crisis, but it would be disappointing and there's no reason to dress it up as anything but.

I just hope they get the mugs in by the time my friend goes in May, so she can get me the Nautilus. If I can't go, I'd at least like a proxy to be able to get it for me.

The thing is, a soft opening is a soft opening. They set their own dates. If they said they were going to be having the grand opening on 3/28, I'd be bothered they don't have the mugs in. But considering how they're doing this, I can't fault them. There's always eBay.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 10:09 am   Permalink

FYI, the latest from Tikiman:

It's not clear who they will let into the soft opening. Also, he says he thinks the Tiki Terrace will be a separate entrance and might be easier to get into. He also says the Tiki Terrace will have live music starting today.

Also, there are reports that the Grog Grotto T-shirts are out in the gift shop.

The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 10:15 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-28 10:09, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
FYI, the latest from Tikiman:

It's not clear who they will let into the soft opening. Also, he says he thinks the Tiki Terrace will be a separate entrance and might be easier to get into. He also says the Tiki Terrace will have live music starting today.

Also, there are reports that the Grog Grotto T-shirts are out in the gift shop.

Yup. The pin, too.

Eager to hear about the live music.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 10:34 am   Permalink

Apparently people are already lined up.

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 10:35 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-27 23:27, kkocka wrote:
True, I am an ass, however I'm not trying to be the first in the door so much as there early enough (read: not spring break nor summer during peak prices) and I have a limited time before my wife is too pregnant to be left alone for several days w/our 1 year old. I can deal w/o the mugs because while I'd like to have them in my suitcase all tucked away for a nap, at the same time I don't trust the baggage handlers to not break them all. I have friends who can ship them for me.

Like everybody else I'm concerned about the terms of their soft opening.

The reason I wasn't expecting much for the off season is that they don't really do them at WDW anymore, outside of as a special event with separate admission. Though I would imagine the ease of communication may be part of the reason to blame for the end to the practice. When you're trying to ramp up and suddenly get slammed with patrons, faults in procedure won't just fail they will implode.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 12:33 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-28 10:34, Hurricane Hayward wrote:
Apparently people are already lined up.

Yep. the line stretches around the Papatee Bay marina.

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 12:47 pm   Permalink

I see Tiki Bob!

kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 6:23 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-28 09:05, Thortiki wrote:
I await an OBJECTIVE Tikiphiles drink quality review of TS @ WDW???

I'll chime in, in due time, but so far the Polynesian Pearl doesn't sound like much of a repeat for me. Rather sweet sounding and/or holiday-themed in taste.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 7:57 pm   Permalink

Ok, that makes me laugh, it is cream-liqueur based and the art makes it look like a breast, it is literally for man-babies.

View Profile of wizzard419 Send a personal message to wizzard419      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2015-03-28 9:07 pm   Permalink

Opening night at Trader Sam's Grog Grotto:
* 3hr+ wait in line, maybe longer depending on when you showed up. Finally, you get a pager. Then another 2-3 hours to get paged to get in. High attendance due to advance publicity on blogs and word-of-mouth.
* Extremely low turnover inside, many folks are sitting and absorbing the place.

Any reports from other TC'ers?

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 9:15 pm   Permalink

And yeah, you could buy mugs! Save for Nautilus, which is still late in being shipped. But the rest are there.

wizzard419
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 9:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-28 21:15, EPCOTExplorer wrote:
And yeah, you could buy mugs! Save for Nautilus, which is still late in being shipped. But the rest are there.

I'm guessing that labor issues at the port of Los Angeles are causing that issue (the mugs are made in China and I think TF glazes them locally)

EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 10:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-28 21:20, wizzard419 wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-03-28 21:15, EPCOTExplorer wrote:

I'm guessing that labor issues at the port of Los Angeles are causing that issue (the mugs are made in China and I think TF glazes them locally)

you are 100000% correct

Hurricane Hayward
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-28 11:29 pm   Permalink

Lots to look at: 119 photos in this Facebook gallery ...
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153120395733277.1073741961.311571493276&type=1

Here's some video:
The Menu ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnAekpb4nnU&feature=youtu.be
The first public order of the Nautilus ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ng_Z8NoHqHs&feature=youtu.be
The Uh Oa! ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXxnAJ-4TaQ&feature=youtu.be

EnchantedTikiGoth
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-29 08:26 am   Permalink

*sigh* Yep, kinda' choked that our big trip to WDW was last year >_<

Not only do I want a Nautilus, but I would totally drink manbaby drinks. I love banana-flavoured Malibu!
https://youtu.be/8C4TGGtPzBU

View Profile of EnchantedTikiGoth Send a personal message to EnchantedTikiGoth  Goto the website of EnchantedTikiGoth     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation