FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace Tiki Caliente Vendors swag and official Merchandise
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Tiki Caliente Vendors swag and official Merchandise
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-22 09:18 am   Permalink

Every year Doug Horne creates the poster and I recreate his vision into 3D by the pendants and the Offficial Tiki.I think this is his best design yet but every year I think he tests my skills to see if I can pull it off . This single hunk of Mexican fan palm carved like oak so I could add all his little details and its shaped like the mug design . I love the way the outer dark wood contrasts the softer inner wood for the pants and the finish makes it POP! This will be on display in the lobby with a large secret tiki Im working on now .Yes this piece is for sale and will be priced accordingly to the amount of math ,carving and detail . Even the little cat at his feet which is stained "espresso" color has Abalone eyes that twinkle . Im so proud of the way this came out but it was a lot of work . I hope you enjoy it as much as I do . Mahalos, Ray

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-22 12:06 pm   Permalink

Looks fantastic TIKI-RAY, can't wait to see it live!

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-22 12:50 pm   Permalink

Nice job, Ray!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-22 8:15 pm   Permalink

Wow
Awesome....

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-23 11:51 am   Permalink

Tiki-Ray
Well done. Looking forward to getting one of those!

And why the cat?

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki-ESP 2013-04-23 11:52 ]

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-24 07:42 am   Permalink

The cat was in the original mug design but it was impossible for John Mulder to add it to the mug and make it cost effective to the masses. My carving was a one time deal so I left it in.

View Profile of TIKI-RAY Send a personal message to TIKI-RAY  Email TIKI-RAY Goto the website of TIKI-RAY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-ESP
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-24 3:18 pm   Permalink

Cool!

View Profile of Tiki-ESP Send a personal message to Tiki-ESP      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nelsonstikihut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-04-29 08:16 am   Permalink

Amazing job Ray, as always! I have just a little preview here of things that we'll be bringing to the show. Be prepared for some amazing new stuff at the show. You never know...there might even be a UFO sighting... Sorry I don't really have completed item pictures, but it's a process over here building this stuff and the wiring comes last.

Of COURSE a little something spacey...

and something HOT! (it is Caliente after all!)

And some more traditional stuff... Cant wait to see you all!

View Profile of nelsonstikihut Send a personal message to nelsonstikihut  Email nelsonstikihut Goto the website of nelsonstikihut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-29 3:17 pm   Permalink

Lookin good

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TIKI-RAY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-04-29 5:51 pm   Permalink

The amazing colossal Nelson's did it again.

TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-02 11:40 pm   Permalink

Tiki Ray, looks awesome!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikival

Posted: 2013-05-04 12:21 am   Permalink

Aloha!

Here's some of the stuff I've completed and that will be for sale at Tiki Caliente 5. Each piece is handmade using fabric designed by Eric October. They honor 2 historic tiki palaces: The Stockton Islander and the Bahooka.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in Palm Springs!

Tikival
--
http://tikivalscloset.com

View Profile of tikival Send a personal message to tikival      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-04 12:30 am   Permalink

My wife doesn't want me to wear dresses, Val
but those are nice, nice dresses.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nelsonstikihut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-05-07 08:27 am   Permalink

So...I just got home from ditching Mister Nelson for the weekend and all I an say is...OH MY GOD... He worked like a machine while I was gone...You all know that the early bird gets the worm over at our booth. I'm telling you now, there WILL be a couple of our tikinaut lamps in new styles, plus many amazing traditional lamps. We'll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed friday morning!

View Profile of nelsonstikihut Send a personal message to nelsonstikihut  Email nelsonstikihut Goto the website of nelsonstikihut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-07 09:21 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-07 08:27, nelsonstikihut wrote:
So...I just got home from ditching Mister Nelson for the weekend and all I an say is...OH MY GOD... He worked like a machine while I was gone...You all know that the early bird gets the worm over at our booth. I'm telling you now, there WILL be a couple of our tikinaut lamps in new styles, plus many amazing traditional lamps. We'll be there bright eyed and bushy tailed friday morning!

Friday morning? I thought market vending was Saturday...

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation