FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Tiki Magazine
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 7:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-23 19:20, khan_tiki_mon wrote:

I love Tiki Magazine. I have every issue. It was my distinct pleasure to meet Kari (and her Mom) at the Hukilau. She and Marina sat at my table in the Tahitian room while the Tikiyaki Orchestra played and I thought I was in heaven. If Kari is still attached as writer and photographer for the newest incarnation of the magazine then I have no doubts that I will be very pleased with future issues. Kari said, “But most of all, have fun, be kind to each other and enjoy this amazing Tiki community.” Well said!

Hey I was at that table too, remember ?? !! I guess "Heaven" doesn't include me.

And yes, Kari's mom is a cool lady. She raised a good daughter.

I should be on the staff of Tiki Magazine. I have so many great Tiki ideas.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2013-05-23 19:57 ]

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 9:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

That back cover rocks!!!

Bamboo Ben
Custom Tropical Decor
I build Tiki Rooms for you! Just ask around ;)
https://www.facebook.com/bamboo.ben

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 9:26 pm   Permalink

I didn't forget you JOHN-O. That was a great time. And yes, I could see you as a contributor to Tiki Magazine. You have come up with a lot of cool stuff here on TC that I know you spent some time researching. Are you going to be at Hukilau this year?

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
forgotten tikiman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 9:29 pm   Permalink

Ha Ha Ben!! That back cover does rock.

View Profile of forgotten tikiman Send a personal message to forgotten tikiman  Email forgotten tikiman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 08:36 am   Permalink

JOHN-O and Khan Tiki Mon in the Tahitian room at the Mai Kai enjoying a performance of the Tikiyaki Orchestra. I didn't forget you buddy.

View Profile of khan_tiki_mon Send a personal message to khan_tiki_mon  Email khan_tiki_mon Goto the website of khan_tiki_mon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JOHN-O
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 08:58 am   Permalink

On that note, Dawn Fraiser (aka Sophista-Tiki), who did the cover art for the latest Tiki Mag will be at Hukilau in a few weeks.

Here she is having a good time at last weekend's Tiki Caliente in Palm Springs...

View Profile of JOHN-O Send a personal message to JOHN-O      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 09:33 am   Permalink

On that note here is Khan Tiki Mon in a Sophista-Tiki original that will probably be making an appearance at Hukilau this year.

khan_tiki_mon
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-24 10:03 am   Permalink

Since we're on the topic of Tiki magazine and Hukilau fashion together.

Marina and Khan Tiki Mon wearing matching Tiki Magazine T-shirts at Hukilau. T-shirt design by Thor.

White Devil
Deleted

Posted: 2013-05-24 1:24 pm   Permalink

Quote:
There's even going to be a special Princess Diana tribute issue that will be released on the anniversary of her death. That will be a bonus issue.

I cannot wait. I hope we'll see a retrospective on the Tiki Farm collaborations with Precious Moments and other pop culture franchises, as well.

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 12:51 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-05-23 19:20, khan_tiki_mon wrote:
I love Tiki Magazine. I have every issue. It was my distinct pleasure to meet Kari (and her Mom) at the Hukilau. She and Marina sat at my table in the Tahitian room while the Tikiyaki Orchestra played and I thought I was in heaven. If Kari is still attached as writer and photographer for the newest incarnation of the magazine then I have no doubts that I will be very pleased with future issues. Kari said, “But most of all, have fun, be kind to each other and enjoy this amazing Tiki community.” Well said!

Mahalo from my heart, Khan Tiki Mon!
I absolutely remember that night, and your charming self! That was so much fun! It was, indeed, a spectacular evening, and I hope our paths cross again in the near future. Sadly, no Hukilau for me this year, but I certainly will come back again for that event, and I'll make sure to plunk myself down at your table once more!

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tangaroa-Ru
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-02 1:11 pm   Permalink

Hey I was at that table too, remember ?? !! I guess "Heaven" doesn't include me.

And yes, Kari's mom is a cool lady. She raised a good daughter.

I should be on the staff of Tiki Magazine. I have so many great Tiki ideas.

[ This Message was edited by: JOHN-O 2013-05-23 19:57 ]
[/quote]

Yes it does, John-O. You are a good one -- with interesting, fun things to share, and a very bright mind. You're always one of my favorite people to be around.
And thank you for the compliment on my mom. I think she is pretty darn cool myself, and I could not have asked for a better mother in this lifetime!

I've read your posts over the years and I think you write very well. I don't know if the new Tiki Magazine has an official Editor-In-Chief yet, but if you want to contribute, you should contact Amy.

[ This Message was edited by: tangaroa-ru 2013-06-02 18:00 ]

View Profile of Tangaroa-Ru Send a personal message to Tangaroa-Ru      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
koopkooper
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-03 04:16 am   Permalink

If you would like to hear an interview I did with Tiki Magazine editor Nick Camara then check out my website www.cocktailnation.net
He talks about how the mag started and where it's going in the future with new editor Amy Boylan

View Profile of koopkooper Send a personal message to koopkooper  Email koopkooper Goto the website of koopkooper     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-21 5:09 pm   Permalink

Is there a source for the back issues of Tiki Mag? I ordered the only 2 available from the website and ebay doesn't seem to have a lot. Wouldn't it be groovy if the back issues were available digitally! I just started picking it up at the local magazine rack and now I want to collect them all.

mix it with rum

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-06-21 9:54 pm   Permalink

GROG have some extra copies GROG will be putting up on ebay. GROG has been trying to get artists featured in the magazine to sign them before GROG put them up on ebay. Watch GROG' Tiki Marketplace thread "Crap by GROG" for GROG' ebay listings of Tiki Magazine back copies.

GROG try and put a few up on ebay this Sunday.

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-06-21 21:56 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-22 04:36 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-21 21:54, GROG wrote:
GROG have some extra copies GROG will be putting up on ebay. GROG has been trying to get artists featured in the magazine to sign them before GROG put them up on ebay.

Good thing most of the people featured in Tiki mag are from California.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation