FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
Tiki Oasis 2013 - HulaBilly - Official thread
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 6:27 pm   Permalink

GROG stop reading now!

Stop!

Don't read anymore of this post!

Go over to Bilge or something!

Go write something funny for a change!

Cause this post obviously AIN'T FER YOU!!!!!

We know you won't like it cause you don't like this kind of thing.

That's OK cause I respect your special lifestyle. And I hope California allows you to legally wed soon.

Anyway, the rest of this post is nothing but...

HILLBILLY GIRLS!

Here's a present for everybody making it to the bottom:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtQNnlQLlwk&feature=player_embedded#at=42

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-06 6:30 pm   Permalink

Well...HELLO friends in Tiki~~
It's been way too long since my last post...LIFE got in the way and I returned to my foundation career designing rides and attractions last 3 years...am having an awesome time!! Much of it is over seas but a lot coming to our coast as well! I put my Tiki Brushes in the drawer for a bit, and took a little break from my Tiki Passion to "reboot". However, I have ideas like mad and starting to create again in my spare time...even some mugs!! I have a kiln that is groaning at the thought of all I have queued up!!

I left a great position recently, a hard choice but a good one...to accept an offer to support visualization and creative direction on the soon to be new, ''Clifton's Brookdale' in downtown LA...WHICH WILL BLOW MINDS when we get this open in the next year or so. The developer/owner is a truly terrific guy named Andrew Meieran, who also is owner and creator of the "EDISON"...an incredible place in Downtown LA as well. He and I were introduced to each other by no other than Holden Westland, who's mug genius will no doubt be part of the creations. Lot's on our agenda this year...and my plate creatively on Clifton's and several other ventures with Disney as we grow this new company and think tank.

Anyway, Please come by the pool suite this Year and say hello! I am mainly here this year to actually just enjoy myself for a change...will be bringing a few prototype mugs I am creating that are super fun..looking for feedback, but thats all. I plan to have a new website soon to cover my Tiki Art items soon to come. Sharing the suite with me are my fellow partners in craziness, Kinney (little lost Tiki), and Al (that crazy one!). We hope to host a super fun open house atmosphere of socializing and artistic banter...plus rum! Come hang...it will be certain fun!

Looking forward seeing old friends and meeting new! OH!! I busted a little arce last weekend to paint up an 8' by 8' photo backdrop for Otto for all you to get your pics taken in front of...a sure Hillbilly meets Tiki thang! I am posting the rough sketch I did as to what it will be like..but the actual one is far more developed and in full color! Imagine yourself sittin' on a hay bale like a couple of hooch brewing mongrel's!! See yah at Tiki Oasis!

Magic and Aloha, THOR

Best way to reach me for art or questions directly is this link:
https://www.facebook.com/tom.thordarson.3
OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2013-08-06 18:32 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
BigToe
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-06 9:16 pm   Permalink

Yahooo!!!! Loooking forward to hoisting a cocktail and hearing about your projects THOR!!

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Otto
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-07 01:17 am   Permalink

an iffin' ya'll still don' git it! then you gotta stick around for the INtire weekend and see Elvis impersonator El Vez and hillbilly band Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys

View Profile of Otto Send a personal message to Otto  Email Otto Goto the website of Otto     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VanTiki
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-07 11:40 am   Permalink

Yaaay THOR! I cherish the memory of you sharing your ono-licious pizza & talking story with us by the pool after Ms. VanTiki and I were freed from our booth at 5pm at our first Tiki Oasis (2011?). Can't wait to see you!

ON that note, I am finding it almost IMPOSSIBLE to focus on my day job responsibilities knowing that Tiki Oasis is literally DAYS away! I can't get on that plane soon enough!

See you all in (gasp) 8 days!!!

Henrik "VanTiki"

View Profile of VanTiki Send a personal message to VanTiki  Goto the website of VanTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IKABOD
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 11:51 am   Permalink

Hey free tickets to Tiki Oasis sound nice? Well I gots the way for you to get em!

Howdy Parnders! We had a few folks cancel due to life situaions.
Which means we have 7 of the wildest volunteer posisitions
in the Wilderness open! You think you have what it takes to be a
Tiki Oasis volunteer? Now if you do fill out the app below.

If you have said you where open to volunteer but the shift
you wanted was closed, here's your chance to get the shift
you want at the time frame that meets your busy Tiki Oasis schedule.

Theres a reason we have volunteers on our crew year after year, its fun!
Plus you meet a whole bunch of people.

http://tinyurl.com/2013-tiki

volunteers4tikioasis@gmail.com

View Profile of IKABOD Send a personal message to IKABOD  Email IKABOD     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-07 12:17 pm   Permalink

Sorry Cammo. But most of those photos are just pretty women wearing daisey dukes. Hillbilly women are more like this:

[ This Message was edited by: GROG 2013-08-07 12:17 ]

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Cammo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 2:36 pm   Permalink

GROG say "most of those photos are just pretty women wearing daisey dukes."

That's the point! (I told you to stop reading!)

Is this better? No Daisey Dukes!

Barbi Benton, one of the Hee Haw Honeys.

View Profile of Cammo Send a personal message to Cammo  Email Cammo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 2:46 pm   Permalink

Hula-Billy, you inbred bastard!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
chrisandsarahb
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 2:47 pm   Permalink

Agree with ATP, too much billy, not enough hula.

View Profile of chrisandsarahb Send a personal message to chrisandsarahb      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 3:21 pm   Permalink

Now to restore some balance to this thread with some Hula!

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-07 5:02 pm   Permalink

ATP, you are GROG' hero.

Cammo's Canadian, 'Nough said.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 7:20 pm   Permalink

I have a question I can't hold in... WHY is it that women in these pics look like it was about 3 degrees in the room when they took off their tops? Is it it global warming that changes things these days or is it me????? ~~~THOR

Best way to reach me for art or questions directly is this link: https://www.facebook.com/tom.thordarson.3
OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 8:20 pm   Permalink

Why Tom, those grass skirts are naturally cool & breezy....

Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-07 11:09 pm   Permalink

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation