FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Painting and Sculpting Tiki on the iPad and other crazy stuff
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
Painting and Sculpting Tiki on the iPad and other crazy stuff
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 7:00 pm   Permalink

Digital brushes are different than real world brushes. In the SketchClub app you can design a brush as a stamp or as an element that can be manipulated many different ways. Using a simple image, you can create natural elements in an image. All the grass and other vegetation in my past images started as brushes I made myself. Here is a kinda leafy brush.

View Profile of Gene S Morgan Send a personal message to Gene S Morgan  Email Gene S Morgan Goto the website of Gene S Morgan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 7:03 pm   Permalink

Start my image with a rough brush stroke of a simple paint brush shape.

View Profile of Gene S Morgan Send a personal message to Gene S Morgan  Email Gene S Morgan Goto the website of Gene S Morgan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 7:05 pm   Permalink

A little shading and highlights.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 7:08 pm   Permalink

Using the leafy brush I make something tropical.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 7:11 pm   Permalink

It took a cleanup and shaping to get something that looks like a palm. Some background using some other homemade brushes.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 7:16 pm   Permalink

Some water, some clouds, and sky. Can smell the salt air.

mp
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-22 10:58 pm   Permalink

Good work Gene! How about a Bumatay Tiki under that tree?

View Profile of mp Send a personal message to mp  Email mp     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 10:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks much mp ... sorry I don't think I can afford a real Bumatay tiki ... I was disappointed to not see your Royal Gaurd in your post... that sure would have classed up this thread a lot .....

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 10:06 pm   Permalink

I really don't know much about palms, there just are not that many here in the cold middle, but I do know there are several varieties. Some have a rough trunk. That called for another brush.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 10:13 pm   Permalink

It is not just how good your brush looks but how you use it. There are brush controls that allow you to stroke it onto the canvas lots of different ways. The left example is a scatter stroke. Best used for texturing. The middle is an even stroke spaced out a bit. Maybe a necklace. Also note that there is a taper to the stroke. There are lots of other ways to affect how the stroke looks. The one on the right has the brush elements touching each other. Does it look like anything?

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 10:15 pm   Permalink

Back on gray again.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 10:17 pm   Permalink

Some color and shading.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 10:21 pm   Permalink

Another leaf brush.

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 10:24 pm   Permalink

More leaf

Gene S Morgan
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-05-23 10:26 pm   Permalink

Kinda like a leaf.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation