FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-11 12:49 pm   Permalink

I was busy drawing and editing video last night, I didn't get a change to comment on the last minute entries
Jonesy - Absolutely over the top as always!
Polynesiac - Welcome to your first Swap, hope you enjoyed it. Beautiful carved cannibal
TikiRootsRocka - Your first Swap too? I'm so glad you were able to navigate the troubled waters of the communal kiln and make the deadline, your piece is a great addition.
TikiPops - I didn't realize those panels were going to be a lamp - very cool.

I am glad I have video proof of the drawing, no one would believe that I get to swap in person at Oasis for the second year in a row

Thank you all for your participation. Your next step is to PM your Swap partner and exchange shipping addresses. Please don't delay in getting your pieces shipped, your partner is eagerly awaiting that special package in the mail. It would be wrong for me to bask in the glory of this Swap - YOU did all the work Thank you. I expect we will have another Swap starting late Fall/early Winter and ending the end of January. We tried to end before Christmas last year and it just didn't work out. If anyone else wants to run the next Swap let me know. It's pretty easy and it might look good on a resume (call it "International Cultural Exchange Director")

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WaikikianMoeKele
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-11 8:16 pm   Permalink

MadDogMike, thank you for your organizational skills.
Everyone's Art Swap offerings were fan-tiki-tastic,
but Traveling Jone's, I just have to say WOW!
So happy with my swap mate, SO COOL!
~kele

View Profile of WaikikianMoeKele Send a personal message to WaikikianMoeKele  Email WaikikianMoeKele     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-11 9:18 pm   Permalink

MDM you are wonderful and thank you so much for the work you have put into this fabulous swap. We are so excited to add another Polynesiac tiki to our collection. Cheers everyone until the next one, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Polynesiac
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-11 11:10 pm   Permalink

Woot! My first swap was a blast! Thank you Mike for organizing it!

I am STOKED to add a Wendy C to my collection! count me in on the next one!!

OMG! I'm on Instagram!

View Profile of Polynesiac Send a personal message to Polynesiac  Email Polynesiac Goto the website of Polynesiac     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 08:08 am   Permalink

I had been out of town all weekend and did not get to see many of the last minute pieces. Wow - I love doing the swaps just to see all of the different ideas people get and I get a cool piece to add to the collection. See you at the next one.

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-08-12 11:21 am   Permalink

GROG getting started on GROG' piece now. Hope GROG not too late!

GROG miss Tiki-Kate

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 12:58 pm   Permalink

Maybe if Grog start project now for next swap, Grog might get er done.

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 1:48 pm   Permalink

i don't think GROG has the heart for it...

get it?

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 2:34 pm   Permalink

Grog, if you finish up quickly, I'll accept it on behalf of all at Oasis.

You're welcome.

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiPops
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-12 3:44 pm   Permalink

Ok, my first art swap is done. It was fun to think about the topic & come up with a plan & design. All of the projects were awesome!
Thanks again to MDM for organizing this swap. Looking forward to next one.

View Profile of TikiPops Send a personal message to TikiPops  Email TikiPops     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-13 3:21 pm   Permalink

Almost time for Oasis:

Xtra prize for one of the
Cannibal Oasis Attendees:
Drawing to be done at Oasis

Any ideas on when and where u want to meet?

Lobby?
Fri?
Time?

TikiAno
MadDog
CY
Wendy
Little Lost Tiki
TikiPops

All input welcome

See you soon
Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-08-13 9:17 pm   Permalink

I will be there Thur - Sat. I have some volunteer duties but any time should be fine.

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-13 9:18 pm   Permalink

Jon, not sure when everyone will be in town, I'm open. Friday day sounds good to me, but I'm open- or Thursday at Bali Hai? (Too crazy, possibly....)

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-14 07:27 am   Permalink

Would Fri in the hotel lobby at Noon work?

Let me know

Cheers

Jon

LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-14 08:45 am   Permalink

Guess I'm the first to post that they received their swap piece! I'm so excited!!!!

I got Michael's (TikiRoots Rocka's) Moai eating Moai and it GORGEOUS!!! Heavy too!

And I didn't have to wait until I got home from my trip. I leave for Hawaii tomorrow.

I love it!
Thanks for being my swap partner, Michael.

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation