FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
Cannibal Art Swap is done! Dinner is served
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-03 9:01 pm   Permalink

Fun to see everyone's ideas! The thread re-post really inspired me. I think I'll be doing a painting on wood, of one or all three of the hunter, the eater, and the full belly. I hadn't seen those before, so clever!

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-04 07:06 am   Permalink

Hey that the first time I saw Go Tiki's pot and girl. You are going to think I did a copy, horrors. At least mine is not going to be a happy girl. I have an appointment with the dentist but I'll post photos when I get home later on. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-04 09:48 am   Permalink

I still need to carve the "lemons" in PNG style and work on the eyes.

Here is were I worked on her mouth.

Creepy. The girl is boiling hot.

Wendy

[ This Message was edited by: danlovestikis 2013-06-04 09:49 ]

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoriLovesTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-04 10:36 am   Permalink

The mouth is key, Wendy! It really conveys the horror of thepoor woman's plight. Love it!!!

View Profile of LoriLovesTiki Send a personal message to LoriLovesTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-04 4:05 pm   Permalink

Being new, I just wanted to know about posting progress pics. Is it groovy to show what my project is, if so, how much is too much?

Thanks.

mix it with rum

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-04 4:16 pm   Permalink

Tu, I believe it is up to you how much you show. It is not a secret what you are making, just who gets it. Here is an earlier art swap thread that might help you along.

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=44283&forum=18

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaStation
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-04 6:43 pm   Permalink

Yes - progress reports are encouraged!! This will help me decide who I want (who you get is another subject). Here's where I'm at...

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaStation 2013-06-04 18:44 ]

View Profile of AlohaStation Send a personal message to AlohaStation  Goto the website of AlohaStation     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
creepykbear
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-04 8:51 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki - Blank slate?

Here's where I'm at - have had to rethink a few things - but happy with the progress.

The big picture - sketched out on file folder so I can make potentially reuseable pieces. I'll cut these out as templates for the fabric pieces.

Shag inspired skull - this is his prize skull. It will cover his belly, and perhaps be able to be worn by him as a headpiece.

And here's some stomach contents.

Creepy Krista

[ This Message was edited by: creepykbear 2013-06-04 21:00 ]

View Profile of creepykbear Send a personal message to creepykbear      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-04 11:03 pm   Permalink

Holy quick start
You guys are on fire...

Funny that I started my back yard cannibal carving in early May,
Before this topic was chosen.

Guess I'll have to put it on hold and start one that can be shipped, lol...

Everything posted looks good so far, keep on rolling...

Jon

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 06:43 am   Permalink

Jon, you just need a really big envelope for your backyard cannibal carving- which is awesome, btw. Might be good inspiration for anyone on this thread, too!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Woodtiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-05 07:54 am   Permalink

AAAHHHHHH!! Stomach contents! That is awesome.

View Profile of Woodtiki Send a personal message to Woodtiki  Email Woodtiki Goto the website of Woodtiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 2:43 pm   Permalink

A cannibal Plushie?

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TU
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-06-05 3:23 pm   Permalink

Here is what I have so far...

The beginning:

The so far:

Funny thing is the wood came from my brother's high school shop project he didn't finish in 1986. My parents kept it around until it somehow ended up in my garage about 4 years ago. Now it will live as art.

mix it with rum

View Profile of TU Send a personal message to TU      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ZeroTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-05 3:40 pm   Permalink

It begins!

~Zero

View Profile of ZeroTiki Send a personal message to ZeroTiki  Email ZeroTiki Goto the website of ZeroTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-05 9:08 pm   Permalink

Holy Crap! You guys are off and running! 9 projects started in the first week, that has to be a new TC record!

I haven't been a very good Swap host - I have been really busy another project this week but have to be done with that by tomorrow night and then can concentrate on some cannibal deliciousness.

TikiAno - I'm really interested to see how that black clay turns out, I haven't seen that before.
Anthony - Will you be able to fit all 3 cannibals on one pin?
Wendy - Love the cannibal pot gal, she would be tasty with an apple in that mouth!
TU - You can post as much or as little as you want but you will need to post a picture of the finished work by the end of the Swap. I like to see lots of pictures, it helps keep the excitement level high for the thread.
AlohaStation - Is that "Cannibal in a Volcanic Ash Storm"?
CreepyKBear - "Stomach contents" ~ that's creative and hilarious
TU - looks like a sign of things to come, can't wait to see more.
Zero - Am I seeing a severed head?

[ This Message was edited by: MadDogMike 2013-06-06 05:58 ]

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation