FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Home Tiki Bars New & Improved Jungle Cruise Tiki yard
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
New & Improved Jungle Cruise Tiki yard
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 1:36 pm   Permalink

glad you like it Q-tiki,
Thats not the half of it! I did a bunch of Tech advisory jobs for TV and movies so Ive always had atleast 15+ mannequins to display uniforms for whatever era the producers were doing. well, they were promoting K-98 the widowmaker, and needed extras in period Russian naval uniforms, well I need the Sean Connery style worn in Red October, I had the shoes and hat no uniform, I dress a manniquin for the premire, and then moved it into my home office. one day my buddy came over who I borrowed the uniform from and said hey I need that back, so I undressed the figure but left his shoes and hat on a naked mannequin. needless to say my window is on the path to the pool in my condo complex, people kept walking by with weird expressions on their faces, WTF??? I had no idea u could see the naked guy with a big old smile wearing nothing but a hat and shoes!!! kinda gay, lol

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-14 1:39 pm   Permalink

heres the Soviet naval uniform in question.......

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikirancher
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 12:49 pm   Permalink

I hope you do set dressing in hollywood...you should
great set for your tiki adventure - rock on

View Profile of tikirancher Send a personal message to tikirancher  Email tikirancher Goto the website of tikirancher     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-17 5:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks TikiRancher, I try !!!! wish I had a job for disney that would be awesome!!! Ive done displays for the General Public and such as well as TV shows, but now a days everything is all reality shows

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-22 09:10 am   Permalink

just scored some major wood crates 5'x 2' cleaning them up, sanding them, and going to stain them today!!! more pix to come..........

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-22 11:54 am   Permalink

well after a few hours of cleaning and sanding them, Ive got two somewhat done, need another few coats of stain and some varnish, and I may even be able to put them in the house as furniture

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-22 11:57 am   Permalink

now the stained version........

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-22 3:32 pm   Permalink

Looking at your thread is always inspirational to me. I think I am going to go for that army/jungle/safari look in my garage whenever I get to decorate it. I better start collecting (aka: hoarding) junk for this venture. I already have a lot of items that would work, so will keep looking at your pictures for ideas. Keep up the great work!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-22 3:50 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-22 15:32, VampiressRN wrote:
Looking at your thread is always inspirational to me. I think I am going to go for that army/jungle/safari look in my garage whenever I get to decorate it. I better start collecting (aka: hoarding) junk for this venture. I already have a lot of items that would work, so will keep looking at your pictures for ideas. Keep up the great work!!!

thanks so much, you made my day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
here's a few more

VampiressRN
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-23 7:14 pm   Permalink

Those are awesome indeed. One of the best books I have is on Campaign Furniture.
http://www.amazon.com/British-Campaign-Furniture-Elegance-1740-1914/dp/0810957116

It has that same wonderful decor feel. I really enjoy your crates, trunks and boxes too...well done!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-24 12:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-06-23 19:14, VampiressRN wrote:
Those are awesome indeed. One of the best books I have is on Campaign Furniture.
http://www.amazon.com/British-Campaign-Furniture-Elegance-1740-1914/dp/0810957116

It has that same wonderful decor feel. I really enjoy your crates, trunks and boxes too...well done!!!

OMG why do I NOT have this book???????????????? lol must have!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks so much again dear!!!! your the best!!!!

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 12:41 pm   Permalink

had a chance to put together a makeshift bar for a party, it worked but still need something more permanent

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-30 6:41 pm   Permalink

just picked up 6 more large crates for the yard.........more photos coming

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-01 09:54 am   Permalink

came across 10 new crates last weekend, of course getting them home in my small truck was no easy task, my vehicle looked like the car in "I love Lucy" when Ricky buys a new car for their trip to California and fred packed it!!! thought I was going to have a heart attack looking in the rear view as old wood crates shattered all over the 405 fwy !!!

this is one of four I found about a month ago, spent all day hand sanding the orange paint off of it today...
before....

after

Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-01 10:00 am   Permalink

this is two of the 10 large Soviet ammo boxes that I picked up for next to nothing! the one standing I painted a two tone yellow/green paint, now to ruff it up and stencil something cool on it!!

The GF says I cant buy any more crates !!!!
Ive got about 10 in the garage which Im still working on.........

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation