FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki New Tiki Bar Opening Soon In Ventura
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
New Tiki Bar Opening Soon In Ventura
bongofury
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2013-06-21 6:11 pm   Permalink

TIKIWAGON.....we love it here but we are looking forward to something closer than L.A when we do get out. Looks like they will try to open on July 4th, same day as the Ventura Street Fair. That event draws thousands of people so the bar may be crazy even for a Thursday. Nice long weekend for an opening if it comes together. It will be a good place to stop after a surf session......the food on the menu looks good.

View Profile of bongofury Send a personal message to bongofury  Email bongofury     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-06-26 7:16 pm   Permalink

The 4th will be crazy, with the street fair and all. Should we have a meet up on Saturday July 6?

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-03 4:58 pm   Permalink

Any word on whether VenTiki will be open tomorrow?

View Profile of Tele295 Send a personal message to Tele295  Goto the website of Tele295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 09:06 am   Permalink

They posted on their FB page they passed final inspection and when I walked by on Tue they were putting up the mural. That and huge stacks of booze in the kitchen are leads me to believe its possible..... My Spys heading to the parade and street fair have yet to reveal any more info but will post as soon as I know......Plus I will be heading down after work to circle around like a fruit fly until they open or tell me to buzz off

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-04 12:46 pm   Permalink

Sunday seems to be the day....will keep everyone informed

http://ventikilounge.com/
https://www.facebook.com/Ventiki

View Profile of Dr. Shocker Send a personal message to Dr. Shocker  Goto the website of Dr. Shocker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-05 09:25 am   Permalink

Spent the afternoon at VenTiki and evening with the VenTiki folks at VonTiki's Backyard paradise.....official opening day is Friday July 12th.....the menu looks great and the bar is almost ready.....will post more in depth pictures when I get home of the menu they gave me.....here are the tikis VonTiki carved one for inside and one for outside

bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-05 09:33 am   Permalink

Great shot! ...and BIG!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikitony
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-06 08:48 am   Permalink

From the gutted out cement shell to a beautiful bamboo, wood carved, thatched, twined, and volcanic rock touched place of worship, I'm very excited to have worked for this place.

Here's the menu that I drew/designed, with Sabu's famous recipe:

And below is a logo I did that will be available on glassware:

There will also be a Tiki tOny ceramic necklace exclusive to Ventiki as well as a mug in the works.

Live like a Beachcomber!
www.TikiTony.com www.facebook.com/tikitonybeachcomber

View Profile of tikitony Send a personal message to tikitony  Email tikitony Goto the website of tikitony     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-06 11:29 am   Permalink

Awesome work Tony.

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-06 2:47 pm   Permalink

Love the Von Tiki carved tikis. He is one of my favorite carvers on TC. Love the menue design. Must visit, can't wait to see it.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Naneki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 7:56 pm   Permalink

I got to peep in on Sunday. It's beautiful.

N.

View Profile of Naneki Send a personal message to Naneki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Pele Paul
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 8:28 pm   Permalink

is it open yet!!????????

View Profile of Pele Paul Send a personal message to Pele Paul  Email Pele Paul     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Diablo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-09 10:38 pm   Permalink

excited to see this. I consulted on some design stuff. Looks like the final product came out very "aloha swank".

View Profile of Tiki Diablo Send a personal message to Tiki Diablo  Email Tiki Diablo Goto the website of Tiki Diablo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Dr. Shocker
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-10 9:21 pm   Permalink

looks like opening was pushed back till next week

Tele295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-07-12 1:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-07-10 21:21, Dr. Shocker wrote:
looks like opening was pushed back till next week

's OK, man. I'm patient.......

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation