FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » Martinique rums?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Martinique rums?
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-04 12:35 pm   Permalink

I did a Neisson flight at a bar the other night. The Blanc is a little rough, but the aged varieties are quite nice.

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-20 11:17 pm   Permalink

so I (finally) made my first real Mai Tai the other day. The Clement was very smooth, however, I think I will try making my own falernum next time--I had the Velvet Falernum, and it just seemed like something was missing--kinda fell flat. Also, looking at my recipes: the one on the Beachbum's app says aged Jamaican rum; the one in the book says dark---any opinions?

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-08-20 11:35 pm   Permalink

Do you mean orgeat? I've never used falernum in my Mai Tais. Assuming you mean orgeat, I just made my first homemade batch yesterday and it was super simple if you use pre-packaged almond milk. Going to do a taste test soon.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
liltikichef
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-08-21 1:24 pm   Permalink

darn!! yes!! LOL! the orgeat--I was mixing up 2 drinks! although that could be an interesting combination....but yes, as far as the mai tai goes, I think it was the orgeat that disappointed; I'm pretty sure it wasn't the rums. I would be interested to hear how your orgeat turns out

View Profile of liltikichef Send a personal message to liltikichef      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation