FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food What's your latest rum purchase?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's your latest rum purchase?
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-19 10:57 pm   Permalink

Only $49.99 in Coronado. I paid $59.99. Three bottles there that I could see. I am sure there must still be a few other stores that have them around SD too.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-20 8:00 pm   Permalink

Scored one ($59.99) - Wooo!

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-21 6:20 pm   Permalink

Is the Angostura that good? Might need to track some down.

Not that I *need* any more rum....

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
KrakenHunterSteve
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-21 6:50 pm   Permalink

Even though they only have a small number of rums, everything I have had by Angostura has been top notch. The 1919 and 1824 are exquisite, and I enjoy the 7, as well, even though I haven't found a cocktail suited for it.

The No.1 is limited, and all bottles have been distributed to the retailers. Go find it now if you are considering it, and if you can't find it, get the 1824 instead.

View Profile of KrakenHunterSteve Send a personal message to KrakenHunterSteve  Email KrakenHunterSteve     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-21 7:16 pm   Permalink

All the Mai Tai talk in another thread had me craving a 12/12 Mai Tai so it was time to restock the Appleton Extra and ED12.

I was out of Pusser's as well but wasn't going to drop any more money on rum until I took a closer look at the bottles. Mixed in with the normal 84 proof blue label product was one lone bottle nearly identical in appearance except for one small difference:

109 proof, "The Original Admirality Rum at issue strength." To make it even better it was marked at the same price as the normal stuff.

Was this just an out if the blue happy accident or are people starting to see Navy strength Pusser's on store shelves? Until a few years ago I would sometimes stumble across a dusty bottle of 95.5 proof Pusser's, but I don't think I have ever encountered the 109 proof. For the Glorida folks, this was at an ABC in Palm Bay.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-08-22 12:02 am   Permalink

@Sunny&Rummy - perhaps 3 of my favourite rums

If you've not the Pussers 109% Blue Label before, you are in for a treat - the smell & a sip neat will blow you mind & that's how a Navy Rum should be!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-22 3:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-21 18:50, KrakenHunterSteve wrote:
The No.1 is limited, and all bottles have been distributed to the retailers. Go find it now if you are considering it, and if you can't find it, get the 1824 instead.

I've got the 1824 and 1919, along with some random older bottlings. I suppose I almost *need* the No. 1, right?

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-24 11:59 am   Permalink

Ordering some stuff online and they've got St. James Extra Old for ~$53 (with shipping).

Anyone want me to pick them up a bottle? I don't think it's worth that much.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-24 1:05 pm   Permalink

Treg- (lemon hart 151) Got it from Chris
He called me a while back when he found a few
I bought 2
Had to wait for Oasis to pick em up
Worth the wait...

Thought I would give this a try

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PiPhiRho
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-08-24 6:39 pm   Permalink

I was amazed to find this. This was "number one" at Martin's Rum Revolution symposium at Tiki Oasis. An amazingly good rum, I had to grab it when I saw it at Total Wine in Redondo Beach. There is only one left on the shelf. Not cheap.

[ This Message was edited by: PiPhiRho 2014-08-24 18:41 ]

View Profile of PiPhiRho Send a personal message to PiPhiRho  Email PiPhiRho Goto the website of PiPhiRho     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-24 6:42 pm   Permalink

Is it just me, or is that link to the photo broken? It has an extra space in "tikiroom" that makes the picture fail. Can you take a look and edit that post for us? Thanks. I fixed it in my browser, so I've seen it. Just sayin' for the benefit of others here.

I'm gonna look for that at my local Total Whine. Cheers!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kahuna Kraig
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-28 8:28 pm   Permalink

I just got the set of rums from Koloa for my birthday, but haven't tried any yet.
Anyone love, hate, like dislike... it?

View Profile of Kahuna Kraig Send a personal message to Kahuna Kraig  Email Kahuna Kraig     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-08-29 9:15 pm   Permalink

whoa- just tried out a bottle of Plantation 3 Stars. out-freaking-standing!

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-08-31 06:43 am   Permalink

All Spec's locations in Austin have been mysteriously out of Appleton Extra for a while but (thanks to Freeland for the heads up) I found a bottle on sale at Twin. Plus they had the mug from Texas Tiki Week that I missed. Now me happy.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-08-31 8:34 pm   Permalink

Grabbed these recently. Actually my lovely wife bought the Pusser's for me. I get a real winner!

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation