FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Drinks and Food » » What's your latest rum purchase?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
What's your latest rum purchase?
thePorpoise
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 9:09 pm   Permalink

let us know how that Cali Agricole drinks.

View Profile of thePorpoise Send a personal message to thePorpoise  Email thePorpoise     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 30 days ago; 9:45 pm   Permalink

Tried it quickly, but it is not your standard Agricole. To me it tastes a lot like olives. Not as smooth as I expected it to be. I don't think it would be ideal for a Mai Tai, in fact it might be tough to make any tiki drinks with it. It might go well in a Martini, but I don't know.

I will try it out more and report back. It didn't work in the 151 Rum Swizzle that I first made with it.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 30 days ago; 11:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-08-28 20:28, Kahuna Kraig wrote:
I just got the set of rums from Koloa for my birthday, but haven't tried any yet.
Anyone love, hate, like dislike... it?

Love the dark, though similar to Coruba in a way. The coconut rum for me is where it's at, given the awful selections in competition out there. Really worth the price of a full bottle to me, because the few recipes that call for coconut rum taste a billion times better than Malibu, Parrot Bay, Bacardi O, Cruzan, etc.

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 25 days ago; 12:09 pm   Permalink

Got more LH151, plus a few other things.

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 24 days ago; 11:57 am   Permalink

TV 151 because it was a bargain, not really to drink. Caliche just on a whim, never tried it.

Havana Club: A friend on a Caribbean cruise is a friend not to lose!!!

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 24 days ago; 4:28 pm   Permalink

^ the Havana Club 3 star is good stuff!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 23 days ago; 1:39 pm   Permalink

Binny's in Evergreen Park outside of Chicago yields two more LH151 bottles for the strategic reserve.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 21 days ago; 5:28 pm   Permalink

How many bottles do you have now?

I think I have 8, plus a bottle of old label. I've resisted getting any more...

View Profile of djmont Send a personal message to djmont  Email djmont Goto the website of djmont     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Sunny&Rummy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 21 days ago; 8:31 pm   Permalink

I have a mere six bottles. I would sock a few more away if the pocketbook would permit it.

View Profile of Sunny&Rummy Send a personal message to Sunny&Rummy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 21 days ago; 8:57 pm   Permalink

I have 8 bottles and one full 80 and one almost empty 80. Hope they start making it again.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
FelixTiki

Posted: 19 days ago; 11:02 pm   Permalink

I just picked up a bottle of Denizen Merchant's Reserve to use for my Mai Tai, upon Martin's recommendation at the Rum Seminar at Tiki Oasis.

[ This Message was edited by: FelixTiki 2014-09-11 23:05 ]

View Profile of FelixTiki Send a personal message to FelixTiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 12:17 am   Permalink

Trader Joe’s Whittier has Mt Gay at !5 bucks. I grabbed the last “old label” bottle on the shelf for posterity. They have plenny with the black and white label.I find Mt Gay to be a solid all-around rum in the Sharkbite Bar.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
djmont
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 12:54 pm   Permalink

Picked up 6 bottles of Mount Gay Black (100 proof).

AdOrAdam
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 18 days ago; 2:24 pm   Permalink

Last weekend I ran out of Myers making someone a Hurricane, I'll be damned, every drink I've wanted to make since i would have used it in!

Once upon a time I considered Myers 'low rent' because it can overpower most drinks. But even the low rent rums can be great if used right

Ah, that's better...

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 18 days ago; 3:11 pm   Permalink

Ain’t a “Planters Punch" unless it gots Meyers. I use it in lotsa cocktails too!
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation