FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » eBay: Fish Float light on eBay With Kahiki and trader vics swizzles.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
eBay: Fish Float light on eBay With Kahiki and trader vics swizzles.
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-01 3:55 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-01 14:22, TikiHula wrote:
I stand by my opinion. It looks like glass and if I had won the bid on it and failed to read the description I would have been disappointed that it was not. You can read into it whatever you like.

Well if it looks like glass why would it matter if it was not glass?

And what I read into it is that your comment is more about wanting to f$%# with me than it is about this light.
Don't know why, but that's the way it looks.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›•:*Tikihlua One Word:"Plastics"*:•‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›‹(•Ώ•)›
Ί€ψ,ΈΈ,ψ€ΊΊ€ψ,ΈΈ,:*TIKISKIP*:•:*MAKES*:•:*FLOAT*:•:*LIGHTS*:Ί€ψ,ΈΈψ€ΊΊ€ψ,ΈΈ,ψ€Ί

__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__‹(•Ώ•)›__

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-01 7:57 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I stand by my opinion. It looks like glass and if I had won the bid on it and failed to read the description I would have been disappointed that it was not. You can read into it whatever you like.

Just common sense here, but if you bought something & failed to read any info or description of that item
and thought it was something else
whose fault is that? the seller? ObamaCare? Al-Qaeda? Arby's?

No sir, it would be yours & trusting you with the proper use of prescription drugs may be problematic also

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Queen Kamehameha
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 3:37 pm   Permalink

Hey skip, don't listen to people who don't know. Your stuff is the best! It hangs in my 3 homes and 2 businesses and I also have a huge vintage collection. Skip you are one if the best at making Vintage looking lamps!!! Keep up the great work

Amy

View Profile of Queen Kamehameha Send a personal message to Queen Kamehameha  Email Queen Kamehameha Goto the website of Queen Kamehameha     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-02 5:54 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-01 19:57, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Quote:

Just common sense here, but if you bought something & failed to read any info or description of that item
and thought it was something else
whose fault is that? the seller? ObamaCare? Al-Qaeda? Arby's?

No sir, it would be yours & trusting you with the proper use of prescription drugs may be problematic also

^This exactly.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-02 8:57 pm   Permalink

Thanx Amy,
You are my best customer fer sure.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSxihhBzCjk

Dιjΰ vu
______________________________________________________________________________________
ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ"˜――¨˜"ψ

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-02 10:30 pm   Permalink

But wait! The auction is not over yet! And the hand-tied netting alone is worth more than 90.- bucks!

And yes, it is a misconception that Polynesian restaurant net floats were out of glass. There were more resin ones than glass around - and now BOTH are very rare. But since it is a misconception that is COMMON, Tiki Hula might be right: Some not-in-the-know folks never touched such a float, and might assume that it has to be out of glass. But I venture to say that the one who pays the bucks that win that puppy is aware of Skip's valuable craftsmanship.

Here's a truckload of Kelbo's resin globes :

[ This Message was edited by: bigbrotiki 2013-11-02 22:31 ]

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lucas vigor
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-03 07:23 am   Permalink

I had no idea how valuable these things were. We used to sail to Kahoolawe island a lot, which was off limits for civilians at the time...and the beaches would be littered with these things. Most looked like glass, but it was a long time ago and I can't be sure about the material now.

View Profile of lucas vigor Send a personal message to lucas vigor      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-03 12:45 pm   Permalink

Amy I should say that your places the few I have seen are Awesome,
and it is an honor to have my lights in them.

Thanks again Sven, I'm not as good a word smith as you and have trouble getting my
point across as well as you do.

And Lucus here comes the confusing part.
Most real fish floats were made of glass, a few were plastic.
But many of the lights in tiki bars of old were heck whatever they could find that looked
like it would fit into their tiki spot.
So of the fish float lights that were glass this thin glass was made more for dιcor and not the rough
seas plus you would not need a pretty color glass for a true fish float that would be used at sea.
Another thing that made bars of old I would guess not want to use real fish floats is
the fact that there is no hole in real fish floats you can cut a hole in them but they often
break when you do.

Heck the first Trader Vic's had sleds and tricycles hanging in it (as told in Life mag)
Look at the stuff in Bahooka lots of that is not very tiki per say and this place had lots o plastic globes,
But the place looked great altogether.

Like the Documentary says it's a Plastic Paradise.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-11-04 6:44 pm   Permalink

Thank you to all who bid and all of your support.
And the buyer too! Going to send an extra gift with this light.
Got a new light going up tonight at 10:00.
IT"S A GLASS GLOBE FLOAT with cork!!!

Please take a look.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation