FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Burn baby Burn, disco inferno! 7/19 4ish or?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Burn baby Burn, disco inferno! 7/19 4ish or?
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 10:31 pm   Permalink

I think I just figured out who "Mrs. B" is? Don't laugh, yesterday I emailed her and asked what "HB" was. I'm still winging it on a committment 'cause it's gettin busy at the trailer park. Can somebody tell me how long (on a Saturday afternoon) it would take me to get to "HB," from "PS?"

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 10:59 pm   Permalink

Aloha Disco Inferno Ohana!

If it rains, we will win!!! (H-P, Pirates get wet. Hanalei gets 99% more rain than we do. don't worry) I've got 3 truck loads o wood!(not including all the scrap Bamboo!) So, if it rains, we will build a giant fire that will conquer the rain! We, will win!! Carved up a big ol Bax Dog Beam today that sort of resembles a "space age rustic tiki" that we can sacrifice.

Just a reminder. They can be (if they want to) real strick on "the rules" so plastic soda bottles that resmble the liquid in them is better than a bust.

We have a 24$ Wall Mart(everyones favorite store) Getto Blaster with new batteries if no one has anything betta. The tribe will have tunes.

Shell, can't wait to see you tear it up on the boogie board!! Bong, you gonna teach us all how to surf? I can see you and Bax now doing a tandem demo!!! Al, you gonna be the "master soda bottle mixologist" I'll bring a funnel. Yee-Ha!

See you's all tomorrow. Should be fun.

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hiloman

Posted: 2003-07-19 4:00 pm   Permalink

Hey Cheekygirl, Vintagegirl HAS an excellent mechanic.....HER BROTHER!! (that would be me!! SHEESH!! That's the thanks I get for working on your piles for free for years Remember, never piss off your mechanic. You would like your brakes to function properly? Now wouldn't you?? (hee-hee!)

View Profile of Hiloman Send a personal message to Hiloman      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-20 02:50 am   Permalink

DO NOT ADD ANY MORE WOOD TO THE FIRE! THE BEACH IS CLOSED!

The SACRIFICIAL TIKI (E-T iki) turned into a hot item! We plucked it out just in time for it to be a Witco knock off! Mr.Bax Dog has it and it will be auctioned off at the International Tiki Day Festival! ( and I'm sure e-bay soon after)

Anyway, it was fun hanging wit you all in a nice relaxed beach scene. Atomic-hope the blisters heal!!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 09:59 am   Permalink

Whoa! That was a blast! Many thanks to all you who supplied provisions for the beach party - for those of you who didn't go there was a pretty big turn out - bonfire and all then the beach closed down at 10pm and we adjourned to Bamboo Ben's pad - I'm still recovering from it. Anyone take digital pictures, please post! I had the camera but was too busy conversing with Dr. Z to snap any.

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hanalei_Pirate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 09:59 am   Permalink

Oh yah, and it didn't rain! The weather was purfect - even sunny!

View Profile of Hanalei_Pirate Send a personal message to Hanalei_Pirate  Goto the website of Hanalei_Pirate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Cocktail
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 11:02 am   Permalink

Bam,

Thanks for snagging the spot. Great seeing everyone. I think I did 4 miles round-trip hauling that freaking cooler. Only one small blister but man, are my thighs sore! Sucks getting old. Next time I'll know better (Or will I?)

Mrs. B, Mahalo for letting us invade your home. Look forward to the next one...beach party that is.

AC

View Profile of Atomic Cocktail Send a personal message to Atomic Cocktail  Goto the website of Atomic Cocktail     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 8:26 pm   Permalink

Little Bamboos:

Mrs B., Bax, Bong and Ben:

Purty...

More later.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 10:13 pm   Permalink

Cool!

Floratina, you got "lock-jaw" yet?

Hope the foot is o.k..

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-22 7:13 pm   Permalink

Behold, The Sand Crab...

Bong with Miss Mackenzie Trustar and Miss Sarah Bong:

Shelley's parents endured the TC'ers for the whole evening! They are very cool.

Madame Bong, Bong, Sacrificial Tiki and Bax enjoy the campfire:

Bax and Dr. Z:

Al, Shelley and Trustar:

Miss Lindsay Baxdog-Nut and Miss Sam Bong:

Miss Sam Bong sings "Little Brown Gal" while dad plays (in nightvision, oooh...ahhh)

Big ole fire gives Sacrificial Tiki the Witco treatment:

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-07-23 09:40 ]

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thebaxdog
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 07:08 am   Permalink

Great pics, that just makes it so nice to remember.
What a great day and night.
I have wet the bed every night since that bonfire.
BUT, just like bowling we will never go again.
So sad.
But yes sir-ree that was fun.
The hair is just starting to grow back.
Thanks a million Mr. and Mrs. BenZ
Happydog (What can I do?)

View Profile of thebaxdog Send a personal message to thebaxdog  Email thebaxdog Goto the website of thebaxdog     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-07-23 09:06 am   Permalink

BullShite Baxdog!

We're all heading back at least once more before Summer splits!

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 09:48 am   Permalink

We'd better bowl and burn again!

Trustar and Atomic Cocktail:

Al and King and Susan Trustar and Renee SugarCaddyDaddy:

The SCD's sneak a kiss:

[ This Message was edited by: floratina on 2003-07-23 09:51 ]

floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-23 09:57 am   Permalink

I believe that I have grown rather attached to Sacrificial Tiki. Nobody else bid on him, 'kay?

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-26 09:22 am   Permalink

My guess is the he'll need a coat of resin to keep him intact (and to keep in the charbroiled smell too!). Vitco used to do it to the bar tops. He will be das SacriVitcoFicial Tiki indeed. (or in ceramics terms, Raku Tiki!)

There you have it! Next time we'll do a "Raku Tiki Day in Beautiful Huntington Beach!" ( we can rough-out a bunch o wood tikis and everyone can burn their own!! Like those ceramics places) How bout a weekend after school starts in September. It'll be way less crowded too! It's summer in SoCal till February!! (light bulb in Bamboos head! I need to trademark this!! Holden?? Tiki Duraflame logs??)

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation