FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events TIKI OASIS IV - Book Now!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
TIKI OASIS IV - Book Now!
Humuhumu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 2:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-16 09:28, floratina wrote:
Hey kids, who's gonna show up on Thursday? I think the 1/2-a-Friday / Saturday / 1/2-a-Sunday thing makes the weekend too short. THURSDAY! THURSDAY! THURSDAY! THURSDAY!

I'm in! Just booked, and I'm staying Thursday, too. Yee haw!

Who's snagging 135 this year?

Critiki - Ooga-Mooga - Humu Kon Tiki

View Profile of Humuhumu Send a personal message to Humuhumu  Email Humuhumu Goto the website of Humuhumu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
floratina
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 4:11 pm   Permalink

Al and Shelley of course. Always.

View Profile of floratina Send a personal message to floratina  Email floratina     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 7:53 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

Thanks for booking everyone! Let me answer a few questions. First, Mothers' Day is the biggest weekend "hole" between January 1st and July 1st. The first year was in the middle of August, when the weather was much more tropical, the second year (by request) was moved to June, and many had issues with the heat. So the logical, MOST AFFORDABLE, most available weekend with the best weather pattern was Mothers' Day weekend. It also afforded Tiki News and the CTR an opportunity to stick with an easy-to-remember date on an annual basis. Part of that decision making stems from the need for the Resort to fill rooms during the highest demand periods (weekends Jan-Jun), at our highest rates ($225-295) so we can survive Sundays through Thursdays and the rest of the year. That said, the only other opportunity lies in the first two weekends of January, or a Sunday-Thursday pattern at virtually anytime of the year (other than 3-day holidays). I hope this makes sense.

For those of you who get the early-booking bonus, Matt will be emailing you this week (maybe tonight) to ask which "prize" you want.

Deeply discounted extra nights are available, for any room type, @ $85 per night. After you pay for the first two nights at the group rate, all additional nights are available at the rate of $85. Make the reservation for all the nights you wish to stay. You will get the automatic web confirmation with the full rate. Within 72 hours you'll get a reconfirmation, direct from the Resort, with the adjusted promotional rate of $85 for nights three through ????

Mahalo!!

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-16 11:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

floratina wrote:
Hey kids, who's gonna show up on Thursday? I think the 1/2-a-Friday / Saturday / 1/2-a-Sunday thing makes the weekend too short. THURSDAY! THURSDAY! THURSDAY! THURSDAY!

I've booked Wednesday through Sunday!

Quote:

Humuhumu wrote:
Who's snagging 135 this year?

Oh yeah, like Floratina said, AlnShelly in 135...as always.

BTW, I've got rooms 137 & 138 again...as always.

Like PolyPop, Mother's Day is not the most preferred date, and I would, in a heartbeat, love to change it to any other date. I've got a wife, a mother, mother-in-law, a stepmom, two grandmothers, and great-grandma that I've got to explain to (again) about not having a Mother's Day celebrated the way THEY want to have it.

SugarCaddyDaddy's Schedule of Stuff!

[ This Message was edited by: SugarCaddyDaddy on 2003-07-16 23:37 ]

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 05:56 am   Permalink

I am booked in for Friday thru Sunday. If for some reason I can come on Thursday I may ask to crash on someone's floor.

Michele and I went to Las Vegas just before the Oasis 3 this year. Is anybody up for something like that just before the Oasis?

Or if the Hoity Toities are doing something in So Cal before the trip to the Oasis, I am up for that too. (And just who do I have to sleep with to get that honorary Hoity Toity status?)

2003 was a good year for the Tiki Events. I can't think of a more fun way to spend vacation than with our group of Tiki Coco-nuts!

So grateful for the friendships,

TB

[ This Message was edited by: tikibob on 2003-07-17 05:58 ]

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-07-17 09:17 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-17 05:56, tikibob wrote:
(And just who do I have to sleep with to get that honorary Hoity Toity status?)

TikiBob, it's not 'who', but rather 'what' that we'll decide (ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikibob
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 6:28 pm   Permalink

I hope it won't be one of those gorillas!

TB

View Profile of tikibob Send a personal message to tikibob  Email tikibob Goto the website of tikibob     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SugarCaddyDaddy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-17 9:19 pm   Permalink

FYI~

In case you didn't know or realize, your credit card will be charged for the FULL stay at The Tropics right now! Unlike the previous years where you were charged the first night and paid the rest upon completion of your stay, you will have to pay for your stay in full now (not including the room taxes).

So, for example, if you are coming for Friday & Saturday (checking out Sunday), you will see a charge for $300 right away and the room taxes will (most likely) be charged at checkout. If you are going Thursday, Friday & Saturday (checking out Sunday), you will see a charge for $385 right now.

I bring this up because in calling quite a few TC'ers, they did NOT realize that they would have a full charge on their credit card at this time. They were under the impression that they could "reserve" now and be able to secure a room and be able to save up for next year and have the money to pay at that time. Some TC'ers are on a strict budget (understandibly) and since some people use a Visa CheckCard instead of a regular Visa, this means that their available cash in their bank account will be withdrawn now. It would be quite shocking to some if they weren't planning to pay upfront for their hotel stay now and to go to their grocery store to find that they can't pay because their Visa CheckCard didn't have enough cash.

Any thoughts?

View Profile of SugarCaddyDaddy Send a personal message to SugarCaddyDaddy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-18 09:43 am   Permalink

Thanks for giving the "heads-up" to everyone SugarCaddyDaddy! All of the policies and specifics about booking are disclosed (in fact, you have to read them and click on "I agree") but I'm afraid the vast majority of us don't read them. However, you bring up a good point, and (with Otto's nod) we'll change it so we collect only the first two nights.

Mahalo!

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thejab
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2003-07-18 11:29 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-17 21:19, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:Any thoughts?

I'm against the trend of prepaying for a hotel stay that's becoming the only way you can find low rates on sites like Expedia and others. I live paycheck to paycheck and I don't have tons of credit cards (I got into trouble that way before) so I usually save up for a vacation these days. Also, it just seems unsavory for large hotel chains to do it when you know they could get by without doing it. Smaller places like dude ranches or houses for rent I can understand the need to recieve a larger amount up front. For example, I'll be staying at a private home in Mexico this Fall and they asked for a 50% deposit in advance.

I've found that going on the hotel's web site is a good way to find low fares that don't require more than one night's deposit.

I'm not necessarily saying Casey at Caliente Tropics shouldn't charge up front. It is a special event that will be sold out way in advance anyway. I just think many folks who earn less money or who try to limit their credit card spending may be left out and that's unfortunate.

View Profile of thejab Send a personal message to thejab  Goto the website of thejab     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikifille
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 08:41 am   Permalink

SCD- thanks for the heads up. I keep a low limit on my credit card and am soon taking a 3 week road trip. Would have been a drag to break down, need repairs, and hear,"Card declined." I'll send in an early payment.

Casey-I understand the need to do this, and thanks for the 2 free drinks!

Also, I realize that Mother's Day may be a drag for some, but I'm a mom and this is my favorite Mother's Day gift! Thanks Otto & Casey.

View Profile of tikifille Send a personal message to tikifille      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki_Bong
Deleted

Posted: 2003-07-21 09:08 am   Permalink

For those TC'rs bringing their little dependants, Otto said those under 18 are admitted free to the event (ie in the gates).

Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hula hula
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 5:14 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-07-21 09:08, Tiki_Bong wrote:
For those TC'rs bringing their little dependants, Otto said those under 18 are admitted free to the event (ie in the gates).

sweet so my girlfriend can come ......muhahahhahahahah

View Profile of hula hula Send a personal message to hula hula  Email hula hula Goto the website of hula hula     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GECKO
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 5:20 pm   Permalink

FUNNY!!!

your game cant be dat bad Hula! eh you not on da BCC program are ya? da blind crippled and crazy? jus don't wear dat "room neads service" sign around your neck no mo cuz....ya I herd da gossip!

aloha braddah

View Profile of GECKO Send a personal message to GECKO  Email GECKO Goto the website of GECKO     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-21 10:37 pm   Permalink

Hey Gecko! Any chance you can make it next year? We'd love to see you!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation