FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Tiki Marketplace » » Tiki Matchbook Collection: Poster and 2014 Calendar
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
Tiki Matchbook Collection: Poster and 2014 Calendar
tongaroatom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-11 11:18 pm   Permalink

I have about 100 matchbooks that could be considered "tiki" in nature or name, and I've put together both a 2014 calendar (about 84 images) and, today, a poster (75 images). Before I go through with the expense of printing both/either of these I was curious as to whether anyone happening across this post would proclaim: "YES! I WANT ONE OF EACH" ... or neither.

Here's the poster I created today:

The calendar has 3-4 matchbook images per page PLUS a photo of one of the many large matchbook collage "portraits" I've done over the last 10 years.
And here's a sample of one of those pages:

Let me know what you think — and thanks for your input!

Tom

View Profile of tongaroatom Send a personal message to tongaroatom  Email tongaroatom Goto the website of tongaroatom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-12 01:47 am   Permalink

The poster looks great and i think that is a better idea than a calender but i suppose it boils down to the what they would cost. I personally would have to also factor in postage to Australia which would raise the price considerably.

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
porco
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-12 09:47 am   Permalink

i would buy a couple posters. looks fantastic!

View Profile of porco Send a personal message to porco  Goto the website of porco     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModernAttic

Posted: 2013-11-14 03:07 am   Permalink

Nice poster and I'd like one!

View Profile of ModernAttic Send a personal message to ModernAttic      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
gabbahey
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-14 6:01 pm   Permalink

A cheaper (initially) option could be using one of those print on demand websites where you submit the designs and people can order on the website with a cut going to you. There is a guy on here that does that with matchbook t-shirts.

gabbahey

View Profile of gabbahey Send a personal message to gabbahey      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
minitor
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-15 5:35 pm   Permalink

I would probably buy the poster, but would absolutely buy it as wrapping paper!

View Profile of minitor Send a personal message to minitor  Email minitor     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-15 5:43 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-14 18:01, gabbahey wrote:
A cheaper (initially) option could be using one of those print on demand websites where you submit the designs and people can order on the website with a cut going to you. There is a guy on here that does that with matchbook t-shirts.

gabbahey

I'm that guy, and I thought I should mention that unless you price your items high you won't make much per item. I make somewhere between $1–$2.50 for each shirt sold because I wanted to keep prices low for people that wanted them. It's a labor of love.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kill Devil
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-19 07:37 am   Permalink

Calendar and/or poster would be a great idea!

View Profile of Kill Devil Send a personal message to Kill Devil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tongaroatom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-25 5:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-11-15 17:35, minitor wrote:
I would probably buy the poster, but would absolutely buy it as wrapping paper!

That sounds like something I'd do!

View Profile of tongaroatom Send a personal message to tongaroatom  Email tongaroatom Goto the website of tongaroatom     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tongaroatom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-11-25 5:06 pm   Permalink

Thanks for your input, folks! I'm going to go ahead and get those posters printed.
As to postage to Australia ... I'll check into that!

El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-11-26 12:09 pm   Permalink

What size are the posters?

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tongaroatom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-03 7:46 pm   Permalink

I haven't printed the posters yet - the place where I get most of my stuff printed recommended 14"x26" but that seems a little small to me.

The calendars, on the other hand, ARE printed, they turned out great, and I'll have them available at the International Tiki Marketplace in Huntington Beach this Saturday (12/7). I'm not sure how to sell them online here. I'm asking $12.50 ...

tongaroatom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-03 7:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

I'm that guy, and I thought I should mention that unless you price your items high you won't make much per item. I make somewhere between $1–$2.50 for each shirt sold because I wanted to keep prices low for people that wanted them. It's a labor of love.

Great stuff! I recognize a lot of those matchbooks!!

[ This Message was edited by: tongaroatom 2013-12-03 19:50 ]

[ This Message was edited by: tongaroatom 2013-12-03 19:50 ]

tongaroatom
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2013-12-16 6:22 pm   Permalink

For those who are interested, the calendar is available on Etsy,com at https://www.etsy.com/listing/172469909/tiki-matchbook-and-collage-calendar?

Thanks!

Tom

Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2013-12-16 6:37 pm   Permalink

Thanks Tom! I just ordered one.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation