FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Home Tiki Bars » » Bahooka items for your home Tiki bar
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
Bahooka items for your home Tiki bar
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2013-12-04 12:14 am   Permalink

One of the medium floats lit up

One of the large ones

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2013-12-04 2:58 pm   Permalink

Hi everybody! Please bear with me while I clean, inventory, and take pics of everything. I can do this at night after I get home from work and will post more pics as soon as possible. The barrel lights will get a light cleaning whereas I will wash the grime off of the parrots and float lights because it certainly makes a world of difference for those.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-04 3:27 pm   Permalink

Thanks for saving those. You should drive them over to the International Tiki Marketplace this weekend, you will likely sell them all. I don't think people care too much about how clean they are since the dust and dirt was Bahookas dust and dirt. So you might not even have to worry too much about their condition.

Here is a link to the Tiki Marketplace going on at Don The Beachcomber in Huntinton Beach this Saturday...

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=42065&forum=17&1130

Looks like you might have found it already

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2013-12-04 3:51 pm   Permalink

I was thinking of doing that, but do I have to register for that or can I just show up like a pirate with a truck full of booty and sling the goods?

Fez Moai

Posted: 2013-12-04 3:58 pm   Permalink

Oh, and I'm torn about cleaning some of the items, but it does help to really see the beauty of the lights without the gunk on them. This way people can really see what they get.

lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-04 4:13 pm   Permalink

Show up with them, I don't think anyone will complain. You won't be able to sell inside unless you pay but it might be in good form if you give some to charity, since that is what this one is about. Others have sold from the lot before.

I would take a bucket light, parrot or float for sure though. I don't know the next time I would be able to meet you anywhere this month, it is really busy for me.

[ This Message was edited by: lunavideogames 2013-12-04 16:15 ]

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-04 4:23 pm   Permalink

It would not be cool just to show up at the Marketplace to sell your items
many vendors sign up & pay for the opportunity far in advance.

If you want to sell there, go over to the Marketplace thread for info
I guarantee you will have issues with the organizers & management
if you just show up out of the blue.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-04 5:16 pm   Permalink

Ok, sorry I was wrong. ATP would know better than me since he is a vendor. My mistake.

Fez Moai

Posted: 2013-12-04 5:46 pm   Permalink

That's what I figured. I don't want to step on anyone's Tiki-toes. I've been there a few times as a buyer, so I'll call and see what I can do to get in as a seller. If not, I'm here anyway and we can figure something out.

lunavideogames
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-04 5:50 pm   Permalink

Sounds good. You can PM Soccertiki and see if there are any spots still available. I think your stuff would do well.

Sweetbeak

Posted: 2013-12-04 6:46 pm   Permalink

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't clean them. Some things in our tiki bar I have cleaned up and some I have left with a little bit a "dirt" patina. It's nice to be able to make the decision yourself : )

[ This Message was edited by: Sweetbeak 2013-12-04 18:47 ]

View Profile of Sweetbeak Send a personal message to Sweetbeak  Email Sweetbeak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2013-12-04 10:53 pm   Permalink

That is quite a haul you have there and I agree...link up with Chris or Karen to get a spot at the ITMP...the items will definitely be well received. FUN!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2013-12-05 11:19 am   Permalink

That's why I'm torn Sweetbeak. I've only cleaned the two posted on the pics so far. So Soccertiki is the fellow to write to? I'll get to it chop-chop.

nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2013-12-05 7:10 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2013-12-04 18:46, Sweetbeak wrote:
Just my opinion, but I wouldn't clean them. Some things in our tiki bar I have cleaned up and some I have left with a little bit a "dirt" patina. It's nice to be able to make the decision yourself : )

[ This Message was edited by: Sweetbeak 2013-12-04 18:47 ]

This “Chunk” globe and net is from Bahooka’s. I have not done anything to it except hang it up. I was gonna remove the net and make a mcm light fixture out of it. Thankfully, Tikiskip the Light Guru advised against it and that’s how it’s gonna stay, dust and all.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2013-12-06 03:58 am   Permalink

Sweetbeak's right on this one.

And that light is so cool nui 'umi 'umi even if it is plastic, heck
better than glass I say.
Nice find.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation