FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Tiki Magazine update - 12/20/13
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Tiki Magazine update - 12/20/13
Enchanted Tiki Guy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 12:59 pm   Permalink

I wish the magazine was at least sold at Wacko on Hollywood Bl like before! I don't like to subscribe because usually a mag gets mangled when delivered. Oh well, at least I can get it at Tonga hut. I would think Oceanic Arts would carry it like before as well.

View Profile of Enchanted Tiki Guy Send a personal message to Enchanted Tiki Guy      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 2:27 pm   Permalink

This is the first issue since Amy has taken over TM.

If you realize that its a pretty big production to get the magazine out and then distributed you can assume that down the road more distribution points will become available--like Barnes and Nobles.

Until then just roll with it I guess?

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joe Banks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 2:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-07 12:59, Enchanted Tiki Guy wrote:
I would think Oceanic Arts would carry it like before as well.

They do.

View Profile of Joe Banks Send a personal message to Joe Banks  Email Joe Banks Goto the website of Joe Banks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 4:27 pm   Permalink

Tonga Hut still had issues when I was there last week.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Bongo Bungalow
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-07 6:02 pm   Permalink

Got mine in the mail and enjoying it completely.

View Profile of Bongo Bungalow Send a personal message to Bongo Bungalow  Email Bongo Bungalow Goto the website of Bongo Bungalow     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Magazine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-07 9:38 pm   Permalink

Hi guys!

It's wonderful to see you're enjoying the new issue. We're up to our eyeballs in our 2nd issue now and are working non-stop to get the next one in your mailbox.

Regarding locations such as Barnes & Noble, and other retail locations - our plan is to continue to mail directly to subscribers, have a few copies at the release parties, and hand-deliver a few copies to locations around Los Angeles such as Oceanic Arts, Tiki Ti, and the Tonga Hut. We hope to expand to more locations down the road, but at this time the costs of distribution don't pencil out. Again, this may change at some point, but for now the easiest way to get your copy is through a subscription.

Also, I don't get the chance to swing by here as often as I'd like but you're always welcome to email me with questions, feedback, ideas or anything else. You can reach me at jeff(at)tikimagazine.com

Cheers!

Jeff

View Profile of Tiki Magazine Send a personal message to Tiki Magazine  Goto the website of Tiki Magazine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-08 07:39 am   Permalink

Oh no! I'm scared my subscription ran out because I'm not seeing one in my mailbox. Is there a plan to set up auto-renewal or at least some kind of verification when renewal needs to occur? I sent my question about subscription to the contact us linked on the first page. I'll be heartbroken if I missed this issue as LA is kind of a long trip to make to buy one local. It'd be a fun one though.

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MaukaHale
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-08 3:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-08 07:39, LoungeShark wrote:
Oh no! I'm scared my subscription ran out because I'm not seeing one in my mailbox. Is there a plan to set up auto-renewal or at least some kind of verification when renewal needs to occur? I sent my question about subscription to the contact us linked on the first page. I'll be heartbroken if I missed this issue as LA is kind of a long trip to make to buy one local. It'd be a fun one though.

Oceanic Arts ships everything they sell. Call them and see if they would mail you one.

"People are like islands. You have to get close to them to know what they are about."
~ Adam Troy

View Profile of MaukaHale Send a personal message to MaukaHale  Email MaukaHale     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-08 3:51 pm   Permalink

"Oceanic Arts ships everything they sell. Call them and see if they would mail you one"

"Minimum order:
There is a $100.00 minimum for orders to be shipped.
Shipped orders under $100.00 require a $10.00 handling charge."

Per Oceanic Arts Catalog.
get some tapa that should put you over.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-08 9:19 pm   Permalink

It is easy to let subscriptions lapse, but don't forget this one. Great magazine, always such good feature articles and fabulous pictures. GREAT JOB AMY!!!

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
LoungeShark
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-09 06:54 am   Permalink

Been talking with Jeff from TM and I believe he's got me all set up. I should have a copy real soon. Can't wait!

View Profile of LoungeShark Send a personal message to LoungeShark      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-11 2:20 pm   Permalink

The new magazine was good.

I didn't mind the the Asian and Pacific Palisades pieces, interesting enough...

I did miss the Feature Carver and the Totally Tikified.... I always look forward to those and was bummed they weren't included.

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Magazine
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-04-11 6:02 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the feedback!

Working on a piece on a featured carver for the next issue as we speak.

Quote:

On 2014-04-11 14:20, ErichTroudt wrote:
The new magazine was good.

I didn't mind the the Asian and Pacific Palisades pieces, interesting enough...

I did miss the Feature Carver and the Totally Tikified.... I always look forward to those and was bummed they weren't included.

View Profile of Tiki Magazine Send a personal message to Tiki Magazine  Goto the website of Tiki Magazine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-13 08:42 am   Permalink

Good job Amy. We loved the magazine and especially everything Eric October.
We look forward to going to Palm Springs to visit the new Tonga Hut.
We will be keeping our subscription going and going and going and never gone!

Wendy and Dan

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PabTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-01 5:38 pm   Permalink

Hi there!

I'm new here; my name is Pablo. : )

I love the new Tiki Magazine!

I was pleased to see the "& More" refers to Mid-Century modernism. As much as I loved the old Tiki Magazine, the hot-rod / Dream Wahine stuff really wasn't my favorite, and I love the new direction.

I went to the Tonga Hut party, and some kind person pointed me in the direction of BG Reynolds' syrups, and I was pleased to see the Blair Reynolds interview in there.

So -- veering off-topic -- I'm in process of putting together my first "tiki cocktail-making kit," although unfortunately, I don't drink alcohol.

So I've started with:

- Don's Mix
- Passion Fruit
- Ginger
- Falerum Syrup
- Fee Brother's Old Fashion Bitters
- Coco Lopez
- Coco Real (squeeze type to compare)

... a shaker, blender, and am excited to be on my way!

Finally my tiki mugs will have life.

LIFE, I say!

(But mainly the test will come when my gf and I test my mocktail skills in Palm Springs in May!)

[ This Message was edited by: PabTiki 2014-05-10 08:25 ]

View Profile of PabTiki Send a personal message to PabTiki  Goto the website of PabTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation