FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Creating Tiki » » Other Crafts » » Papier-mâché Enchanted Tiki Room Drummer Gods, Ngendei, Hina-Kaluua and Maui
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
Papier-mâché Enchanted Tiki Room Drummer Gods, Ngendei, Hina-Kaluua and Maui
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-09-04 6:14 pm   Permalink

Amazing work, very fresh idea.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-17 2:54 pm   Permalink

I finally had a chance to add that "seasonal" highlight to Hina, so she's now more of a rain goddess:

Ah, the sprinkle that startles first timers in the ETR garden - unless I claim that prime spot first and enjoy the refreshing shower. Here there are no puddles to clean up, at least!

No other build news to share on this thread, but I did do an exploratory sketch a few months back:

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-01-17 8:38 pm   Permalink

Very nice! Tinsel? I also like the Indiana Jones at the South Pole
"I want you to shake the freak tree and invite anyone that drops to the ground. Dwarfs and giants, magicians, Zulu tribesmen, contortionists, fire eaters... and priests. We're going to need to confess" Freddy Mercury in "Bohemian Rhapsody

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-24 2:44 pm   Permalink

Time to bust out the cardboard, paper, flour, salt and water again...

Not done skinning it yet, but the cardboard was getting soggy so I had to stop for the time being. Dried out nice and fast in the sun.

View Profile of Joshua Bell Send a personal message to Joshua Bell  Email Joshua Bell Goto the website of Joshua Bell     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-24 2:48 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-01-17 20:38, MadDogMike wrote:
Very nice! Tinsel? I also like the Indiana Jones at the South Pole

Yep - tinsel! Had the idea from the get-go but didn't see any in stores and forgot until the holiday season rolled around.

And thanks - Indy is another hobby, but I didn't get to play in the snow until I visited my folks back in Calgary over the holidays.

Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-30 6:56 pm   Permalink

Base coat:

... and mostly-finished paint job, including weathering:

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-01-30 8:43 pm   Permalink

You are so good at this. Keep it up. Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-12 09:39 am   Permalink

Awesome

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
EPCOTExplorer
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-13 4:06 pm   Permalink

You continue to impress. Kudos.

View Profile of EPCOTExplorer Send a personal message to EPCOTExplorer  Goto the website of EPCOTExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-13 6:45 pm   Permalink

Nice.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tigertail777
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-05-18 02:12 am   Permalink

Incredibly cool! Are these weather proof?

As for Maui, you could make a motorized belt that would push marbles into the dipper bamboo and have it work the same way as water. Just a thought.

They all look GREAT!

View Profile of tigertail777 Send a personal message to tigertail777  Email tigertail777 Goto the website of tigertail777     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Joshua Bell
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-30 2:02 pm   Permalink

With all the cardboard and packing paper piling up around the holiday season I had to put one together. This time, not ETR related at all.

I started by just rolling up some cardboard and drawing a face and scoring:

Then unrolled, cut, re-rolled, repeating as necessary. Got out the hot glue to hold the pieces together:

Then used "cooked" paste this time, which dries clear:

I'm going to leave this one unpainted.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-30 3:19 pm   Permalink

Amazing, so good.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-12-30 3:35 pm   Permalink

Way Kool
Love it
Reminds me of

[ This Message was edited by: hang10tiki 2015-12-30 15:41 ]

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-12-30 3:39 pm   Permalink

Makes me want to sing Haaaaaaawian EyyyyyyyyyyyyyyE!!! Good job, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation