FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Caliente Tropics, Palm Springs, CA (hotel)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
Caliente Tropics, Palm Springs, CA (hotel)
martiki
Official Mixologist

Posted: 2003-11-18 2:58 pm   Permalink

Found this little gem recently....

View Profile of martiki Send a personal message to martiki  Email martiki Goto the website of martiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSteve
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-11-25 7:59 pm   Permalink

Hi Casey,

Thanks for all the info on Caliente Tropics; would love to read more!

I was in PS earlier this month and, while I didn't stay there, I really enjoyed the place. Tikis and torches abound; beautiful pool and spa. But the best of all was the Reef bar.

I was in town two nights and I ended up there for both of them! John and Dave, I beleave, (It's hard to remember after a few Mai Tais and Blue Hawaiians!)were very friendly bartenders. John, especially, was very knowledgeble about your remodel and the Tiki Oasis weekends held there. He kept the conversation and drinks flowing and the time just flew by! Your clientel were very friendly as well and a good time was had by all. I can't wait to come back next year and stay at CT this time!

Mahalo,

TikiSteve

View Profile of TikiSteve Send a personal message to TikiSteve  Email TikiSteve     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JohnnyRottenTiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2004-01-09 7:50 pm   Permalink

Hey Martiki??

How do you insert pics onto a post reply??

Thanks,

John

View Profile of JohnnyRottenTiki Send a personal message to JohnnyRottenTiki  Email JohnnyRottenTiki Goto the website of JohnnyRottenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiyaki
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2004-07-26 11:32 am   Permalink

I know this place is well known to Tiki Centralites - (Hell, they have a TC Logo with Pics from the big Luau a few months back) - but I stumbled across this place online Friday , and decided to drive down fom LA on Saturday with my Wahine for an overnighter to check the place out.
I must say, it's REALLY great ! The decor is top notch (Bamboo Ben, Tiki Farm, Oceanic Arts) and the rooms were really nice, the Pool was VERY relaxing, and the Reef tiki bar was great. At $88 a night, it's a great Polynesian getaway for Southern Californians.
I've never been to Palm Springs before, and other than the oppresing heat, it's a great place with tons of amazing Mid Century Modern homes to drive around and check out.

Anyone not in SoCal, want a great tiki vacation, check this place out (if you haven't already)!

View Profile of tikiyaki Send a personal message to tikiyaki  Email tikiyaki Goto the website of tikiyaki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Satan's Sin
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-07-26 1:19 pm   Permalink

Funny you should mention it! I was steered to its website after visiting my friends over at Lotta' Livin' and here it is:

http://www.calientetropics.com/

Gotta go there soon!

View Profile of Satan's Sin Send a personal message to Satan's Sin  Email Satan's Sin     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lilytiki

Posted: 2005-01-28 7:36 pm   Permalink

Hey Casey, did part 3 of the story ever happen? I would be most interested. We stayed there last weekend and love the place and the people. In addition to Casey, Jeff and Annie the bartenders were fantastic. Personable, helpful with our party and boy they can make good drinks! I can't imagine, even from the stories how the place looked before the remodeling but I'm sure glad you did it. We will be back...

View Profile of lilytiki Send a personal message to lilytiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ted tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-01-29 09:01 am   Permalink

I'm still bitter that the place sold out for the next Tiki Oasis before I tried to book a room. The wife and I had great times the last two years at the Tiki Oasis and feel it is the coolest hotel we have ever stayed in--including all over Europe.

View Profile of ted tiki Send a personal message to ted tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
CaseyJPS
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-03-29 9:05 pm   Permalink

Aloha!

It's been a long time since I picked-up this ball, continuing some of the stories. We will pick it up again, soon (very soon).

Mahalo

View Profile of CaseyJPS Send a personal message to CaseyJPS  Email CaseyJPS Goto the website of CaseyJPS     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2005-04-03 10:22 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2005-03-29 21:05, CaseyJPS wrote:
Aloha!

It's been a long time since I picked-up this ball, continuing some of the stories. We will pick it up again, soon (very soon).

Mahalo

Three cheers to my good friend!

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiMike
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-07-19 7:11 pm   Permalink

Hey all.. my wife and I were just passing through Palm Springs a few weeks ago and snapped some pics of the Caliente Tropics. Just some general shots of the grounds and architecture. Enjoy...

View Profile of TikiMike Send a personal message to TikiMike  Email TikiMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Ojaitimo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 12:56 pm   Permalink

We stayed for three nights recently and enjoyed it very much. The staff were friendly and when we were checkin out, I showed the manager Caliente in BOT. He was so pleased that he gave us 20% off the bill.

[ This Message was edited by: Ojaitimo 2006-11-28 18:20 ]

View Profile of Ojaitimo Send a personal message to Ojaitimo  Email Ojaitimo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 2:44 pm   Permalink

Great photos! Thanks!

We stayed there right at the peak of Summer of 2004. H. O. T...Hot! But we loved it. Loved the tiki. Loved the landscaping and grounds. Loved the staff. Loved the retro feel. Loved the pool. Loved the Reef bar. Had a good lunch at the restaurant. Man was it HOT!

Love all the custom designed room amenities like the pens and notepads and shampoo bottles and such. Nice little touches and attention to detail...like the private label water bottles. And you needed water because it was HOT!

Next time...we may not visit at such a HOT time of the year! And I'll be sure to introduce myself to you...Casey.

[ This Message was edited by: PremEx 2006-11-28 15:58 ]

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki-Kate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 2:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-28 14:44, PremEx wrote:

Love all the custom designed room amenities like the pens and notepads and shampoo bottles and such. Nice little touches and attention to detail...like the private label water bottles. And you needed water because it was HOT!

And next time...we may not visit at such a HOT time of the year! And I'll be sure to introduce myself to you...Casey.

Sorry PremEx.

The amenities are gone and so is Casey.

www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=14333&forum=1&start=0&hilite=caliente%20casey

View Profile of Tiki-Kate Send a personal message to Tiki-Kate  Goto the website of Tiki-Kate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mike-stobbe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 3:16 pm   Permalink

We stayed a few months ago and loved it . We plan on going back again this year for our wedding anniversary on the weekend of the 15th in december . Look for the group of tattooed losers in the bar knocking back Mai Tais . That will be us .

View Profile of mike-stobbe Send a personal message to mike-stobbe  Goto the website of mike-stobbe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
PremEx
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-11-28 4:09 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-11-28 14:58, Tiki-Kate wrote:
Sorry PremEx.

The amenities are gone and so is Casey.

www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?mode=viewtopic&topic=14333&forum=1&start=0&hilite=caliente%20casey

Wow! Thanks for the link and "education." I just spent about 15 minutes reading that thread. Sounds like some very sad events went on there after our stay.

At least I got to see it at its peak and in all its glory during the "Casey Years." So I'm thankful for that.

I did a "Search" on it and it does look like some TCers are still frequenting the place for get togethers. I'm wondering what the current outlook and opinions about the Tropics and Reef Bar are? Does the place have any spirit left? Did it make any sort of comeback? Are the drinks still any good?

I know that mike-stobbe and Ojaitimo's post of today indicated they enjoyed their recent stay there, but there aren't a whole lot of specifics. I'm just a bit confused about these changes Casey vs. After Casey and wanna know if its still worth staying there any longer.

Thanks.

[ This Message was edited by: PremEx 2006-11-28 16:16 ]

View Profile of PremEx Send a personal message to PremEx      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation