FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 11:10 pm   Permalink

You guys are impressive.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-06 11:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-06 19:19, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Many Thanks to you! for getting the message out & taking the time to add your own thoughts.

It was our member "SoCal Savage" who contacted Frank Shyong which precipitated the call to Alan Zhu
that he is referring to, but Frank did not seem to want to follow up the story any further after that phone call
no proof or photo?

If what you heard is true & Rufus is in a pond at "Zhu's" house, I just don't see how Rufus can survive that?
it is amazing how we can't get any verification, along with Zhu's complete noncooperation.

I think it was early last week when I went back and forth with Frank. He took Zhu on his word (after speaking with him in his native Chinese). I personally am on the side of the skeptics here when it comes to Zhu's word on anything. It's good to hear that the hidden LA folks are staying on top of the situation and ready to use the donated funds. Even if they're exchanging negative tweats on the subject at least people are staying aware of the situation. It would be great to hear some inside information from someone who has direct dealings with Zhu, but that doesn't seem likely at this point. Other than keeping people aware on social media and bugging the local press I'm not sure what else can be done at this point... barring the proposed spy mission.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 12:06 am   Permalink

Since I just watched the new "24" yesterday, I totally want to do Jack Bauer stuff!
who has some "comms" we can use? I think I can get a hold of a few Serbian Mercenaries who owe me a favor or two
Is this the 007 stuff Fez was talking about?

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Limbo Lizard
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 08:57 am   Permalink

Be careful, ATP. Among the stuff Jack Bauer does, from time to time, is get shot.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2014-05-07 08:58 ]

View Profile of Limbo Lizard Send a personal message to Limbo Lizard      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-07 09:12 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-07 08:57, Limbo Lizard wrote:
Be careful, ATP. Among the stuff Jack Bauer does, from time to time, is get shot.

[ This Message was edited by: Limbo Lizard 2014-05-07 08:58 ]

LOL!

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 10:15 am   Permalink

My latest thoughts on this can be liked to what they used to do in the "old days" in the South when a person was feared to have drown and was missing in the bottom of the Mississippi. They dropped some depth charges into the water and the explosions would eventually force the "body" to float to the surface. lol

I think we have tried a lot of kind requests for closure. It was fully understood that this concern wouldn't just "go away" until the outcome was a positive, confirmed event. We have nothing but a "story" as told from a guy who, for whatever the reasons, has NOT shown himself to be a man of truth or real concern for what this community feels.
So I think we need to continue reaching out to the press (that's the equivalent of the mortars in the river! lol). The "percussion" will cause SOME sort of truth (body) to float to the surface. My hope is that this pressures photo's and a welcome visit by the press to Rufus's "new happy home". If this is denied and we see nothing...I think it's safe to assume Rufus is no longer in existence...and THAT story needs to be told...as to how it ended. I have a few press resources I will reach out to for hopeful interest today. I encourage everyone to do the same, till we find a resource that will give this attention and real closure.

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-05-07 10:26 am   Permalink

We have word from a journalist that claims Alan Zhu himself told him Rufus was in his koi pond (which backs up what Fez Moai was told). If so, that would almost certainly kill Rufus, who is a warm water tropical fish. Which means that Mr. Zhu is lying about Rufus being alive and well. I can only assume he's saying this because Rufus is, in fact, dead, and he wants a cover story. Either way, it means the end of Rufus. What a fiasco.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-07 11:29 am   Permalink

The other day I kinda tongue-in-cheek suggested that we should go peek over his fence and conduct our own survey of his pond and look for Rufus. But now I'm thinking that might be the quickest way to get more info. I don't know if that would be legal, so please consider this just a silly musing by some guy way out in Florida who, if he lived closer, might consider actually doing that.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-05-07 11:35 am   Permalink

If you're outside the fence and on public property, I can't imagine it here's anything they can do about it. Trying to find his address might be difficult, however. I did some snooping this morning and found two addresses associated with the ownership of the Bahooka property, but neither of them were homes with koi ponds.

pjc5150
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 12:17 pm   Permalink

you guys are turning this FISH into Jimmy Hoffa... lol...

View Profile of pjc5150 Send a personal message to pjc5150      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-05-07 12:28 pm   Permalink

So what? What's wrong with caring about something? I'm not suggesting we send a lynch mob after Mr. Zhu. I'm not even suggesting anyone else try to contact him (it's pretty clear he's not going to be forthright, and harassment isn't going to help anything). I'm suggesting that looking over a fence would put people's minds at ease.

As far as I'm concerned, a lot of people working to do a little good is what makes the world a better place.

Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 12:35 pm   Permalink

We all can use some levity about now, which is why I made that "24" joke
but I do not actually suggest we do anything illegal like trespassing!

"But" if we can obtain an address for Mr. Zhu it is possible Google maps satellite photos
could give us an idea of the "Pond" he mentioned, but this won't help with confirmation of Rufus's well being.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-05-07 1:01 pm   Permalink

End to the mystery of what happened to Rufus.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-07 1:30 pm   Permalink

LOL!! I knew that was coming Ernie!!!! lol

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-05-07 1:32 pm   Permalink

GROG unemployed and a caveman's gotta eat.

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation