FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
AceExplorer
Grand Member (3 years)  

Posted: 2014-05-21 11:10 am   Permalink

Please, don't anybody sue me, I need my rum money!

Actually, friends, we all care about Rufus. So let's try to leave things where they are - we can't easily verify the authenticity of the photos, but we can hope for Rufus' safe return to a venue which is accessible to the public.

There is no benefit to beating anyone up about this - none of us here ran away with Rufus, and we're all passionate about seeing his safe return.

I like the "chill with a Mai Tai" idea. I think it's time for us all to relax a bit while we wait for more news.

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 11:34 am   Permalink

Lemme respond real quick to your thoughts, Randy,

"If the focus of this thread goes negative and outside of what it was intended achieve, as the creator of this thread, I will make sure it stays on focus! I don't condone any mud slinging or ego wars here.[/quote]
Is vilifying people what this thread is intended to achieve? "

Absolutely not! I made it clear that the subject was about this group, those choosing to participate, pool information/leads...all possible to achieve data that helps us HOPEFULLY concludes, beyond a reasonable doubt, that Rufus is alive an well. WE care about this fella. No one has to be a villain. Actions define the character.
We have many interested in this goal and some interested in controversy. I keep doing my best to sift through the claims and clatter to progress to a clear outcome of this story...short of a "mystery", as closure.

"A little over a year ago, I had to sit on a jury for a lawsuit about a yelp post. I'm sure there are better legal authorities than me (I didn't have any particular interest in learning about libel), but even on a website, if you publish a statement as fact, that you actually know is pure speculation, and it causes injury to another party, then you can get yourself in actual serious trouble. Course I also think the lawsuits in this country are way out of hand, but that's a different subject."

Anyway, I guess my point is that it might help everyone to try a little harder to follow the stated goal here a little closer, of trying to learn more, and maybe cool off a little on the attacks, wild speculation, and rogue commando suggestions. But then, to be honest, I don't really understand if there is a specific goal that's actually achievable. If someone posted a pic of Rufus that looked like a better match (and that "someone" somehow met the criteria of getting the pic without having any connection to Mr. Zhu), would it really be over?"

-Randy

I can only speak for my stand on all this. I really don't know Mr. Zhu personally. I can only respond to his actions. Some have made claims to represent Mr. Zhu's statements as they heard them, according to them, first hand. We can only listen and watch where patterns align and where discrepancy is apparent. a lot doesn't add up...the goal posts keep changing too! I won't state the Zhu is villain, however, his actions have not helped a concerned community feel at peace with what happened to Rufus. This, only based on the fact that all previous statements he made ended up not happening. So, this adds up to a character profile that naturally, leaves one uneasy when suddenly the fish vanishes. Very understandable. This also makes it increasingly difficult to trust any "proof" short of a trusted whiteness or the press, which at this point is not likely to happen IF this fish is dead. No one is asking for anything other than peace of mind. It's not about "ownership rights" or anything other than good old fashioned humanity and moral obligation.

Thanks Randy! Great points

Best way to reach me for art or questions directly is this link:
https://www.facebook.com/tom.thordarson.3
OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-05-21 11:34 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 11:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-25 17:01, Fez Moai wrote:
I did speak to Kari and gave her the same info that I'm posting here, so please don't blow up her inbox with questions guys. Rufus is Ok and is being taken care of. Alan Zhu needed him out of the restaurant to start the remodel, which is a good thing. Too many people were stirring the pot before and it wasn't conducive to making an agreement. So I have to keep it on a need-to-know type of basis, like James Bond. This mission requires Seal Team precision and not an Army invasion. It's easier for someone with a working relationship like me to deal with him. There are cultural, language, and timing nuances that must be taken into consideration if this is to succeed. I need you guys to turn down the temperature a bit and give me some time to work something out. Certain roadblocks have fallen to the wayside which favor our cause. I understand the frustration and the concern and hopefully someday soon we'll all have a Mai Tai with Rufus again. Thanks!

This is the post which makes me think that Fez Moai was playing us for fools.
I could be wrong, and hopefully I am, but it certainly seems as he is Alan Zu's agent and selectively releasing information to mislead us about Rufus, as opposed to being an interested 3rd party.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 11:56 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-27 12:49, Fez Moai wrote:
It's sad that a lunatic can rant on here and get away with slander. Yet I am warned to be careful. You guys do what you want, I'm out.

And this is an example of a self-serving post for which I have no patience.

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 11:56 am   Permalink

duly noted.
apologies.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2014-05-21 17:03 ]

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 12:10 pm   Permalink

I really am beginning to feel staying focus on this is impossible in this forum.

From this point on...PLEASE...if you have ideas, information, or other that can be valuable in us having the clearest, best chances at KNOWING the outcome of Rufus, add to this thread. If you want to banter and brawl or disrespect the goals of this thread, take it to personal messages to each other. Take it outside! Can I ask that and have people understand?

Really....let's stay on focus. Anyone else speak Mandarin that feels they might be able to somehow express that the intentions here are just peace of mind and seeing Rufus? I cannot understand why that would be request denied by a reasonable man.

Again, the banter has to stop on here. I am asking!!! Nice as I can! lol

Best way to reach me for art or questions directly is this link:
https://www.facebook.com/tom.thordarson.3
OR Search on Facebook for : THOR ART

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-05-21 12:10 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 5:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

[i]On 2014-05-21 06:41, SoCal Savage wrote:

Is the final answer that Rufus has gone to the big fishpond in the sky?

SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 6:20 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-21 17:47, christiki295 wrote:
Quote:

Is the final answer that Rufus has gone to the big fishpond in the sky?

No one here knows for sure, but I think it's safe to say that picture isn't Rufus.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 7:08 pm   Permalink

I can't think of any reason why Zhu would bother to take pictures of a fish that wasn't Rufus unless Rufus isn't around anymore.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
shovinoff
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2014-05-21 9:32 pm   Permalink

Had Rufus and Bahooka(today I saw the video of the gutted restaurant)on my mind to the point of obsession or despair. And tonight I see the opening scene for the FX series "Fargo". Unbelievable. Are you fucking kidding me? someones trying to tell me something. Spooky!

View Profile of shovinoff Send a personal message to shovinoff      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 10:00 pm   Permalink

Spooky for you.
However, for me, I would choose asinine, disgusting, needless, horrific, stupid, shameful, negligent, reckless, revolting and some other words that the TC code of conduct prohibits me from posting.

Alan Zhu, the new owner, could have done the right thing, stepped aside and not interfered with Rufus' pre-arranged transfer to Damon's, where one of the bartenders proudly pointed out to me where his tank would be located.

Greedily, the new owner wanted to keep Rufus and, in addition, the $1,000.00 HLA raised for Rufus' transfer, claiming that he deserved the $1K for transferring Rufus to a new tank, which seemingly was never done. Had he actually followed through on his word, we would have been sent actual photos of Rufus, not the phony photos which Fez Moai fraudulently tried to pass off, as THOR warned and predicted, and which Atomic Tiki Punk and others appropriately called him out for doing.

Instead of doing the right thing, the greedy bastard tried to keep Rufus for his own business, but apparently was too cheap to continue to pay Rufus' longtime caretaker. As Aquari and others pointed out, the new owner recklessly exposed Rufus to an almost certain death by placing him in some sort of garden koi pond.

I don't have the monopoly on the facts here, so if I've missed something, please so indicate.

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 2014-05-21 22:20 ]

THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-21 10:24 pm   Permalink

Let me share my thoughts on all this as it has become. You are not alone Shovin'…. There is something that is uncanny…and absolutely blatant if one pays attention to this entire saga. Something "to it all"…that if you listen and feel…becomes really apparent.

This is about a "fish…yet this "fish" represents and embodies a great, great deal more. Maybe not to those not sensitive to experiencing Bahooka first hand or to the greater meaning of caring about this lil' guy. But to others…a huge deal.

I have witnessed really BAD energy surrounding this situation since the day Rufus was left on the "door step" of a home he knew for over 35 years. I saw something I can't describe happen after this. I won't call it a "curse"…lol I have no words for it, really. However, NOT a good energy. I see it affecting how people treat each other here and surrounding this situation…the way people have acted…seriously WEIRD. like bad "Ju Ju". Again, I can't understand it..but it IS a definite "thing" that has happened, and I believe personally it's because the right thing has not happened…yet. Laugh at me if you will…or relate. I know this is true.

I have had the support of moderators and others that really understand my good intentions here…Respectful of this. I also have done all I can to channel a positive effort to bring closure to ambiguity and lack of willing communication. But it has not come. Not because the cause lacks validity, but because far too many are not willing get involved or really care to understand the heart that inspired this inertia.

I have held this post open. I have been respected by organizers of Tiki Central who feel who I am and what I represent to the point I have been offered the choice as to how long to let this thread continue. So here is what I feel.

I Am going to step out at this time. I do not personally believe this situation has concluded in a positive way for rufus, based on the information, patterns and behavior of those closest to this fish, and it's current owner, and the spirit of Bahooka that we have clung to as long as our sentiments have allowed.

I leave this thread open to the possibility someone might have real info or actions that reveal Rufus' safe and wonderful living condition. If this turns into another banter of ego's and negativity, Moderators have my full blessing to lock this thread. Let that locking capture, like a snapshot, should it happen, those who stopped a good cause from it's fruition too, however.

Sometimes, for any of us here…something "matters" to us. We all have attachments to something…or we are not human. We also recognize, if we let go of the ego and distractions, little stuff in life contains a big meaning below the tip of the iceberg others only are capable of seeing. I miss Rufus. He was far more than a "fish". I miss Bahooka. I wish no ill on anyone, Mr. Zhu included. However, I feel the good will prevail and truth will rise to the surface as the time passes. I have witnessed this happen time and time again in my life enough to really truly KNOW it happens. No good will come from deceit where it MAY exist….MARK my words.

My contact info is on here. If more arises that is stable info, please know I will support in all ways I can and beyond. Thanks for those who keep the faith.

Aloha friends, ~Thor

tikiskip
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-22 04:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-05-21 22:00, christiki295 wrote:
Greedily, the new owner wanted to keep Rufus and, in addition, the $1,000.00 HLA raised for Rufus' transfer,

I don't have the monopoly on the facts here, so if I've missed something, please so indicate.

[ This Message was edited by: christiki295 2014-05-21 22:20 ]

It's $2747.00 dollars HLA raised.
And this thread should stay open so the refund of that money could be posted here.
Or I guess you could just start a new HLA Rufus refund thread.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
aquarj
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-05-22 09:36 am   Permalink

Quote:
On 2014-05-21 22:00, christiki295 wrote:
As Aquari and others pointed out, the new owner recklessly exposed Rufus to an almost certain death by placing him in some sort of garden koi pond.

Ugh, do you know something no one else does, because I thought the whole koi pond thing was just a rumor? If not, and you insist on stating rumors as fact, please leave me out of it. It's not even the lawsuit thing, it's just bad juju like Thor's been saying.

-Randy

View Profile of aquarj Send a personal message to aquarj  Goto the website of aquarj     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-05-22 11:25 am   Permalink

My summary does not reference any litigation, but the "some sort of garden koi pond" reference is from your post:

"Does a koi pond always imply a certain temperature that's fatal to pacu fish? I've seen koi ponds in Hawaii - is that considered tropical? Maybe that's some kind of sweet spot that's tropical-ish but still cold enough for a koi, while a pond in southern CA would be cold enough for a koi but not tropical enough for a pacu?

If you do a search on "pacu fish", oddly some of the first results are about pacu caught in open waters in New Jersey, Illinois, France, and even Denmark. I guess those kinds of stories might be outliers, and Rufus might not be as hardy. Is that the general concern here?

If there was some kind of proof that Rufus is alive in a koi pond, would that change anything? I guess one day later you don't know that he's STILL alive, right?

Sorry if these questions diverge from the trajectory of this thread - not trying to upset anybody.

-Randy"

While this entire upsetting episode has been short on facts, one fact is all too clear: Rufus is not at Damons.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation