FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
what is the update on bahooka's rufus??? the dreaded question continues?
El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-25 10:29 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-25 22:26, Fez Moai wrote:
I'll be at the ITMP tomorrow, at the fabulous Don the Beachcomber restaurant on PCH. Thor, I'll be happy to sit down with you and talk.

See.........be nice and tactful and you will get the info you seek.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-04-25 10:35 pm   Permalink

was that Buddha or Confucious? some wise guy said it.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-25 10:37 pm   Permalink

That's team work there....keep it up.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-04-25 10:44 pm   Permalink

You'll know who I am when you see me. Just follow the fingers and whispers to the menacing looking character with a scar on his forehead that is by himself.

View Profile of Fez Moai Send a personal message to Fez Moai  Email Fez Moai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
GROG

Posted: 2014-04-26 12:58 am   Permalink

He looks something like this:

View Profile of GROG Send a personal message to GROG      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
THOR's
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 06:42 am   Permalink

O.K. I'm growing weary of the banter volley here and repeating myself. Seriously!

Fez, Thanks for inviting me to sit with you. Believe me, If I had the time to drive to to the Beachcomber event from Pasadena, I would have been there the last 10 times I was invited by Soccer Tiki so graciously…and for the reason of meeting my good friends and sipping rum. But aside from the time, sitting down with you would be self serving to me, and not helping bring answers to the hundreds that are now following this thread looking for answers or closure. I would, at best, come out of the meet with information I would need to share with this community, and that "privilege" and duty should be yours. I do look forward to meeting you and others I have not known from the past years events, I will be at Tiki Oasis in August and let's hope our meet is to celebrate a positive conclusion to this! O.K? lol Thank you though.
May I suggest also that you maybe pass on Don's this weekend and put that time or time that would have been with me, into a SERIOUS sit down with the former Bahooka property owner you are in contact with, since this situation has now reached a definite sense of urgency. This would really be greatly appreciated Brother!

So back to staying on course with the plan here. I want to remind everyone also that I take responsibility for starting a public awareness on a larger scale , with the sketch included, to get Rufus out of harms way with the first thread Months ago. My intensions HAVE and always will always be, to organize a team effort, a "Rum Round Table" you might say, to access the facts, discuss a game plan and solve this issue. That will continue on course as planned.

This brings us to where we are now, and where we need to be headed. If you kinna step back on this thread or the last and analyze where this starts to go South is when a pattern re-occurs that stagnates progress.

1. Information is harbored or controlled by individuals, not openly sharing…leading to frustration, and the negative banter venting that frustration by concerned people, serious about this.

2. "feeding the fire" The sarcasm has gotta go! Any us who are smart know that if you hear a dog growl when you approach it, to step away. If you choose to play games, toy with its tail, blow on it's ears…etc. you are pretty likely to get snapped at or bit! And you asked for it! So don't blame the action of the dog…be less of a wise ass! No one is amused by the sarcasm. Real "Victims" claiming bullying DON'T turn on the sarcasm if they are indeed feeling unjust attacks. That is "Feeding the fire".

3. So, I will repeat what I said before. We are on the "weekend plan" here. It's been a suggestion of several and I think it's a good plan…because its going to keep a wound from festering and bring answers to the surface. Fez, or anyone else with information as to what is "CLAIMED" as to the current situation with Rufus, we need to lay it out HERE on the table!! Even if it's not proven info with pictures yet. People NEED, and are deserving of current updates here. People have invested time, emotion and money in many cases to support this cause and should be respected for that.

Community effort works! When you have a cooperative bunch! As a team, we need to calmly discuss what actions are appropriate based on the data we collect. Many minds will always be more powerful than one or two in solving a problem. Do you think one guy saved lives when Apollo 13 "had a problem"? No…it was every freaking guy at NASA…both buzzing around the earth AND sitting in Huston! Team work gets it done. If one or two guys harbored data, there would have been fist fights in Mission Control and some really pissed off astronauts!!! lol

So let's do this…I wanna see Rufus frolicking about with a shit grin right about now. I think it would call for making up a drink called a "Rufus", yah think? With BIG carrot sticking out the top….one that is sure to get anyone…."TANKED"! haa

Looking foreword to getting answers so we aren't on the phone Monday with the press again. I have art to create and this is getting really taxing~~~~

[ This Message was edited by: THOR's 2014-04-26 07:32 ]

View Profile of THOR's Send a personal message to THOR's  Email THOR's Goto the website of THOR's     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 6:12 pm   Permalink

Just got back from the Don's Marketplace today & talked to the "folks" in the know
And this was reported from several people, I will let them post themselves if they care to.

The first source is from the head of the kitchen staff at the former Bahooka
And two other folks confirmed the same story.

"Rufus was released into an outdoor Koi Pond in Long Beach at a friend of the current owner"

As Rufus is a warm water fish that has been kept in a single closed tank environment for 40 some years
There is just no way he can survive this change in habitat, The shock alone is enough to kill him
I am 100% sure he is dead & unless I see photos, proving otherwise I have no hope at this point that he is alive.
No one will confirm if he is dead or alive at this time and will offer no proof otherwise!

Fez had this information & choose to withhold it & even lie about it, I guess his fealty is to the new owner of the restaurant
Whom has given him the remaining remnants of the Bahooka.

This is the best information I have been able to get from mulitable sources.
sorry to be the one to bring the bad news to those following this situation.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Onyx_Noir
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-04-26 6:15 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-26 18:12, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:
Just got back from the Don's Marketplace today & talked to the "folks" in the know
And this was reported from several people, I will let them post themselves if they care to.

"Rufus was released into an outdoor Koi Pond in Long Beach at a friend of the current owner"

As Rufus is a warm water fish that has been kept in a single closed tank environment for 40 some years
There is just no way he can survive this change in habitat, The shock alone is enough to kill him
I am 100% sure he is dead & unless I see photos, proving otherwise I have no hope at this point that he is alive.
No one will confirm if he is dead or alive at this time and will offer no proof otherwise!

Fez had this information & choose to withhold it & even lie about it, I guess his fealty is to the new owner of the restaurant

...and your proof that Fez knew about this situation is?

View Profile of Onyx_Noir Send a personal message to Onyx_Noir  Email Onyx_Noir     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 6:22 pm   Permalink

He said he did & was keeping it to a privileged few, just go back & read his prior posts
And he has the ear of the current owner & he has already said Rufus was doing fine.

Quote:

On 2014-04-17 14:57, Fez Moai wrote:
I can't comment too much about this, but Rufus is fine (I'm told) and safe. As I had mentioned before in the previous Rufus thread, I am following the situation and still working on it. I'm trying to solve this with tact and not an angry posse of cowboys. Jorge is in Mexico right now, so save your calls to him. Yes, the Bahooka is an empty, gutted shell now. The demolition team hauled away truckloads and dumpsters full of stuff, including fish tanks, walls, etc. All destroyed and trashed.

Quote:

On 2014-04-25 17:01, Fez Moai wrote:
I did speak to Kari and gave her the same info that I'm posting here, so please don't blow up her inbox with questions guys. Rufus is Ok and is being taken care of. Alan Zhu needed him out of the restaurant to start the remodel, which is a good thing. Too many people were stirring the pot before and it wasn't conducive to making an agreement. So I have to keep it on a need-to-know type of basis, like James Bond. This mission requires Seal Team precision and not an Army invasion. It's easier for someone with a working relationship like me to deal with him. There are cultural, language, and timing nuances that must be taken into consideration if this is to succeed. I need you guys to turn down the temperature a bit and give me some time to work something out. Certain roadblocks have fallen to the wayside which favor our cause. I understand the frustration and the concern and hopefully someday soon we'll all have a Mai Tai with Rufus again. Thanks!

[ This Message was edited by: Atomic Tiki Punk 2014-04-26 18:33 ]

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SandraDee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 7:09 pm   Permalink

No matter what people feel about the situation the new owner can do WHATEVER he wants--hell he could sauté Rufus and eat him for dinner if he so chooses--he owns the fish.

He doesn't owe anyone any information.

He bought the damn building and the fish and if he decided to sell it to another restaurant, build a new tank, let it out in the wild or eat the fish he CAN and he doesn't need to tell this community, reporters or even the people who have bought stuff from the gutted building what he has done.

Regardless of the fact that there was some fundraiser--WHO CARES--he still owns the animals.

Even if there were tons of conversations with the owner trying to find a new home for Rufus and he changed his mind he had EVERY right to do so and I can't figure out why you people think otherwise.

He could back out of any deal to sell Rufus to Damon's---it is HIS right to do so.

As far as the gutting of the Bahooka if people became friendly with the owner and was able to buy stuff GOOD FOR THEM. If the owner has told these people what happened to the fish and they don't want to tell us-- THEY DON'T HAVE TO!

If people have information on where the fish is -- they don't have to tell ANYONE. They don't owe ANYONE --including YOU Lance with your never-ending obnoxious and rude commentary -anything. Hell with the way YOU Lance talk shit about Fez Moai the guy is SMART not to tell you anything and it is so laughable how you think he should. Get a fucking life.

If any of you think this owner OWES anyone information or an explanation you guys are pretty delusional because he doesn't.

I personally hope Rufus and any other fish that were left in there are still alive and happy but you guys need to move on because the owner obviously has. It doesn't matter if you call the news or post on this thread for months to come--as soon as the owners of Bahooka sold off their building including the animals inside the new owner has all the power to do WHATEVER he wants because he used HIS money to legally buy and do to that property and the contents within whatever he wanted and there is not a damn thing anyone can do about it.

**oh and sidenote--Lance feel free to attempt to make some quippy little comment here directed toward me because we both know when I am standing right in front of you that you can't say anything to my face. You are a bully who hides behind his keyboard to talk shit and put others down--as you have all over this and the last Rufus thread directed to Fez Moai. You are a joke and I feel bad for Thor who has a good heart and continues to try to HELP the situation but has to deal with your shitty posts.

I will not be checking this thread again because I could give two shits about your response. You should have been banned years ago and dozens of members on here agree. Get over yourself.

[ This Message was edited by: SandraDee 2014-04-26 19:14 ]

View Profile of SandraDee Send a personal message to SandraDee      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bamalamalu
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 7:28 pm   Permalink

Wow.

Thanks for the update, ATP.

View Profile of bamalamalu Send a personal message to bamalamalu  Email bamalamalu     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
swizzle
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 7:31 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-17 14:57, Fez Moai wrote:
I can't comment too much about this, but Rufus is fine (I'm told) and safe.

You don't seem to read peoples posts too thoroughly ATP. If you note in the comment made by Fez he say's he's BEEN TOLD that Rufus is fine. That is not proof of him knowing exactly what is Rufus's status at this present moment in time, only that he's been led to believe that the fish is doing fine because of the information that has been given to him.

If Fez DOES actually know where Rufus is at the moment, dead or alive, and has been lying, then that will be extremely disappointing to hear, but without 100% proof of that everything else is just hearsay.

Unfortunately SandraDee is correct, the fish now belongs to the owner of the former Bahooka and he doesn't owe anybody any explanation at all, although i personally do believe it is bad karma for him because of the way things have been handled.

[ This Message was edited by: swizzle 2014-04-26 19:35 ]

View Profile of swizzle Send a personal message to swizzle  Email swizzle     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-04-26 7:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-04-26 18:12, Atomic Tiki Punk wrote:

Why didn't you go question Fez with this info today at the ITMP? It's my understanding that he was there today. It's pretty crappy, actually pretty cowardly, that you had the chance to speak to him in person about the situation but instead come here and call the man a liar with no proof hiding behind your keyboard.

[ This Message was edited by: El Jefe 2014-04-26 19:36 ]

[ This Message was edited by: El Jefe 2014-04-26 19:37 ]

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-04-26 7:51 pm   Permalink

tiki punk, you`re such a coward. as usual you didn`t have the stones to approach me at the ITMP and instead you scurry away like the miserable cock roach you are. As posted above, what I know is none of your damn business. You keep trying to paint me in a negative light you silly wanker. I`ll make sure not to miss you at the next ITMP and see if you`ll apologize for being a trouble maker.

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-04-26 20:20 ]

Fez Moai

Posted: 2014-04-26 7:57 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Fez Moai 2014-04-26 20:17 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation