FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Sven Kirsten's book: Tiki Pop
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Sven Kirsten's book: Tiki Pop
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-23 2:23 pm   Permalink

Just wrote my review on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/review/R2OQ56RPKKPWH2

Sven, this is a masterpiece. You should be very proud. And at $50, this book is a no-brainer purchase.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-23 5:14 pm   Permalink

Thanks Justin! Store price is actually $60.- bucks, but for the size and over 800 images on almost 400 pages, that is still pretty good

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiVato
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-23 5:25 pm   Permalink

Bought mine for $60.00 at the ITMP and it is incredible. It's in a good home.

View Profile of TikiVato Send a personal message to TikiVato  Email TikiVato     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-23 5:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-23 17:14, bigbrotiki wrote:
Thanks Justin! Store price is actually $60.- bucks, but for the size and over 800 images on almost 400 pages, that is still pretty good

$60?! Good God, I had no idea. $50 is a deal, but $60? Who are you, Satan's Comcast representative?

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
littlegiles
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-23 8:39 pm   Permalink

Got my copy today. Beautiful book.

- Dale

View Profile of littlegiles Send a personal message to littlegiles  Email littlegiles     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-24 04:12 am   Permalink

Received my copy yesterday. What a pleasure to hold a properly heavy art book in my hands, reeking of fresh ink and new paper! You'll never get that sort of tactile sensation from a Kindle. I was also quite happy to see the glorious cover of Ballyhoo Magazine's Hula Hula Number issue on the very first page, especially since I have the entire issue framed and hanging over my bar:

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=23654&forum=1

A triumph, bigbro!

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-24 08:32 am   Permalink

Thank You - That means something from such a veteran of Tiki and other pop research!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-24 10:49 am   Permalink

Tiki Pop, where quality research in a MASSIVE quantity arrives in one exciting volumne. For those few still sitting on the sidelines, don't delay, buy today and send those Tiki blues away.

Ps Thanks Sven for your efforts to produce this gem!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-24 3:33 pm   Permalink

Got my copy yesterday in the mail. I'll be poring over this volume for years to come. Thank you Sven for creating another informative and fun (and absolutely massive) masterpiece! (I'll be writing an amazon review later this week)

[ This Message was edited by: SoCal Savage 2014-07-25 06:35 ]

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MrBaliHai
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-24 4:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-07-24 08:32, bigbrotiki wrote:
Thank You - That means something from such a veteran of Tiki and other pop research!

You are too kind, sir.

I really enjoyed the pre-Tiki section, as that's where a lot of my interest resides. If you ever need any images for future research, I have plenty that I'd be happy to share.

View Profile of MrBaliHai Send a personal message to MrBaliHai  Goto the website of MrBaliHai     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
VampiressRN

Posted: 2014-07-24 9:11 pm   Permalink

Finally have a moment to look through mine, just a beautiful book, fabulous pictures and such high quality paper...that is rare these days. Tucking my back-up copy into storage. This is going to take me a while to read...it will be like an epic journey...it will be fun.

View Profile of VampiressRN Send a personal message to VampiressRN  Email VampiressRN Goto the website of VampiressRN     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SoCal Savage
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 1:08 pm   Permalink

Amazon review up.

http://www.amazon.com/review/R1GIA34OJ5V1XH/ref=cm_cr_pr_perm?ie=UTF8&ASIN=3836548518

It's going to take me a long time to take in this whole book. Truly massive and awesome.

View Profile of SoCal Savage Send a personal message to SoCal Savage      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 4:56 pm   Permalink

man oh man !! this can hardly be called a book. it's more like a tome. It's huge and heavy and chock full of tiki goodness!! I always said, "if they don't understand you, hit them with a bigger hammer" - and sven packs a wallop with his third and largest of literary hammers yet.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-07-25 6:22 pm   Permalink

The Birdman of Rapa Nui flies
His beak contains the vaunted book
The wait for TKP seems long

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Beachbumz
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-07-25 10:14 pm   Permalink

I cant wait to get mine!!! Come on Fed Ex!!!!!

View Profile of Beachbumz Send a personal message to Beachbumz  Email Beachbumz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation