FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Sven Kirsten's book: Tiki Pop
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
Sven Kirsten's book: Tiki Pop
creativenative
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 2:48 pm   Permalink

Thanks for the link ikitnrev. I see on these sample pages Sven hit on some key points of Tiki and it's history that I am also very interested in (as if I expected anything less from him). I was going to wait but now after seeing the page samples I can't wait so I just pre-ordered!!!

View Profile of creativenative Send a personal message to creativenative  Email creativenative Goto the website of creativenative     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-17 8:35 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-17 06:35, AceExplorer wrote:
Remember that Sven published a "tiki music" CD too.

Sven is one of the world's "ambassadors of tiki" with his collected works and his public appearances.

yes of course, when ever I DJ a tiki event I make sure that cd is there and played.
and I arranged for a cd release party at Don the Beachcober in So Cal when it came out.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-18 12:13 am   Permalink

The mug with the flame is one of my creations. Is it going to be in the show??? My fingers are crossed, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kon-Hemsby
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 12:18 am   Permalink

I've just been informed that The Tiki POP book will be available at the museum for the opening of the exhibition. Hurrah!

View Profile of Kon-Hemsby Send a personal message to Kon-Hemsby  Email Kon-Hemsby     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 01:11 am   Permalink

Wendy: It's in the show, and it has a full page in the book!

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2014-06-18 10:44 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-18 01:11, bigbrotiki wrote:
Wendy: It's in the show, and it has a full page in the book!

Now THAT'S an honor! Nice job, Wendy!

Sven: Is Amazon the best place to order the book? Is your cut bigger if I order elsewhere? Will it ship faster from elsewhere? I'm not lucky enough to be able to come to a signing.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Balls

Posted: 2014-06-18 11:42 am   Permalink

Quote:
Sven: Is Amazon the best place to order the book? Is your cut bigger if I order elsewhere? Will it ship faster from elsewhere? I'm not lucky enough to be able to come to a signing.

I'll echo that...I'm not anti-Amazon, but I like to support the tiki community if there's a way to give them a bigger cut of my $$.

View Profile of Rum Balls Send a personal message to Rum Balls      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
lunavideogames
Grand Member (2 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-18 12:25 pm   Permalink

Third that. I would hold out to purchase it in person if it will be available in Southern California anytime soon? If not, I would like to know the "preferred" method of purchase so that more of the $$$ can go to the author.

View Profile of lunavideogames Send a personal message to lunavideogames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigbrotiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 1:00 pm   Permalink

Yeah…sure. I don't like to recommend Amazon because it is such a price-breaker that it is hurting bookstores, but if you can't get it any other way. And don't worry, I am not making a cent on the book anywhere, it is all for the love and glory of Tiki.

View Profile of bigbrotiki Send a personal message to bigbrotiki  Goto the website of bigbrotiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (6 years)  

Posted: 2014-06-18 6:13 pm   Permalink

Wow oh wow I am so excited. I ordered two copies last night before hearing my art is in the book. Sven you have always been so sweet to me and supportive. Thank you always, Wendy

PS now I need more copies

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-18 8:37 pm   Permalink

"There will be several book signings in LA at the end of July, and at Tiki Oasis, to be announced in time".
Looking forward to your book signings in LA at the end of July Sven.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Thortiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2014-06-23 6:54 pm   Permalink

Amazon has the book release date listed as AUGUST 1ST!

View Profile of Thortiki Send a personal message to Thortiki  Goto the website of Thortiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2014-06-23 7:01 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2014-06-23 18:54, Thortiki wrote:
Amazon has the book release date listed as AUGUST 1ST!

Great news! I've updated the first post to reflect the change.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AdOrAdam

Posted: 2014-06-30 3:04 pm   Permalink

Not to make people jealous, more to spread the good news - I was preordered a book & received it today!

With the dust jacket removed:

The foreword:

A random double page:

The pages have a good feel to them.

I hope this encourages those who are waiting for their books!

View Profile of AdOrAdam Send a personal message to AdOrAdam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiTacky

Posted: 2014-06-30 5:21 pm   Permalink

Kaching! Ordered.

View Profile of TikiTacky Send a personal message to TikiTacky  Goto the website of TikiTacky     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation