FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » Beyond Tiki » » Zombie pumpkins 4 HaLLoWeEn!!Plus HallOweEn Decor.
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
Zombie pumpkins 4 HaLLoWeEn!!Plus HallOweEn Decor.
Or Got Rum?
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-10-19 11:53 am   Permalink

That Pine-O-Lantern rocks, Skip.

View Profile of Or Got Rum? Send a personal message to Or Got Rum?      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-10-24 07:34 am   Permalink

Thanks!
Made a Lem-O-Lantern and a Acorn Squash-O-Lantern Too!

Here is some Halloween, Our neighborhood is small and the houses far apart so we have Trick or Treat on our own day.
Would give out candy on the regular day as well but no kids come, two in 17 years.
I'm a devil...

Wife is wearing red and black???

We did carve Pumpkins...

There is a neighborhood party after the 15 minuets of Trick or Treat.
I tried to replicate the Halloween nut cups that you would see at kids party in the 1920s.
Would use the real ones from the 1920s but they sell for $30.00 to $50.00 bucks for one paper cup on eBay.

I think mine were thrown away.

Will post more nut cups later....
________________________________________________________________________________
(¯`*•..(¯`*•..¤(¯`*•.(¯`*•..¤(¯`*•.(¯`*•..TIKISKIP..•*´¯).•*´¯)¤..•*´¯).•*´¯)¤..•*´¯)

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤Let Tikiskip light up your Halloween¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤
________________________________________________________________________________

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-10-25 06:43 am   Permalink

These are the nut cups I made, the first ones are replicas of an old 1920s style.
They would come in books that you would punch out the pattern and put them together yourself.

Those books full are very costly if you can find them.

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤Let Tikiskip light up your Halloween¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-10-25 6:27 pm   Permalink

Very vintage!

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-10-30 1:19 pm   Permalink

Thanx Mike.
Going to post more but am too into Halloween at this time.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-10-31 04:38 am   Permalink

HALLOWEEN MUSIC....

Mr. Suave's Mod, Mod World
What is Mod? Mr. Suave's Mod, Mod World is one of the web's original modcasts celebrating mod music, and mod-influenced music from past eras including soul, ska, garage, sixties R&B power pop, punk, britpop, acid jazz, lounge, easy listening and more.

http://www.mistersuave.com/
DJ Ken's 10th Annual Halloween Modcast #395: Back From The Dead (2017)

Modcast #107: Monsters A-Go-Go! (2008)
http://www.mistersuave.com/2008/10/halloween-modcast-107-monsters-go-go.html

Modcast #144: Something Wicked This Way Comes (2009)
http://www.mistersuave.com/2009/10/modcast-144-something-wicked-this-way.html

Modcast #181: Monsters Rule O.K. (2010)
http://www.mistersuave.com/2010/10/modcast-181-monsters-rule-ok.html

Modcast #216: No Costume, No Candy (2011)
http://www.mistersuave.com/2011/10/annual-halloween-modcast-216-no-costume.html

Modcast #249: Rest In Peace (2012)
http://www.mistersuave.com/2012/10/modcast-249-rest-in-peace.html

Modcast #283: How Do the Dead Come Back? (2013)
http://www.mistersuave.com/2013/10/modcast-283-halloween-special-2013-how.html

Modcast #311: Death Is A Lonely Business (2014)
http://www.mistersuave.com/2014/10/welcome-to-annual-halloween-modcast.html

Modcast #341: Dig My Own Grave ( Halloween 2015)
http://www.mistersuave.com/2015/10/halloween-is-upon-us-which-means-it-is.html

Modcast #372: And When I Die (Halloween 2016)
http://www.mistersuave.com/2016/10/modcast-372-and-when-i-die-halloween.html

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-11-09 04:32 am   Permalink

Well it's over.

Wanted to put this here lest we forget.

Much like other old traditions in the ol USA, Halloween in 2017 was under attack.
You were warned not to wear offensive costumes like Moana unless you were actually Polynesian.

Posters were made for tips on what not to wear.
Being a fat white stupid father named Homer Simpson was not on that list.

Some Schools did away with any celebrations of Halloween as it may offend some students.
Remember the Parade around the school in your costume, I loved that because we could get out of that building and go outside.

As far as décor around our town I did not see that much really, hope that changes.

We don't have a ton of traditions or customs like some other country's here in America but I look at Halloween as one of those things that are an American tradition, kinda silly I know but doesn't the silly stuff make the hard Day to day life bit better?

Till next year Halloween.

[ This Message was edited by: tikiskip 2017-11-09 05:05 ]

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 18 days ago; 07:20 am   Permalink

Halloween is coming!

Hope they don't suck all the fun out of it.

Hey we can always look back, back to when dressing up was just a Halloween outfit and not horrible and offensive to some people.

70s & 80s Halloween Commercials
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XwVle16RHKY

Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 14 days ago; 10:15 am   Permalink

I feel so sad for kids at our local elementary school, who no longer know the joys of marching around the grounds in their costume for an afternoon. Supposedly they cancelled the annual costume parade because "some families can't afford expensive costumes!" Well you know what? I took a dang potato chip bucket, covered it in tinfoil, stuck it on my head, called myself a robot, and was thrilled with it. The kids don't see it as a competition for the most expensive costume, that crap is between the parents. Leave the kids to their fun, and hooray for October!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1QgCuPx5JQo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amwh09lyNjw

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 14 days ago; 12:06 pm   Permalink

Nice ones!

I loved the Halloween costume parade at our school!
Once I was a vampire that took some work, but other times I whipped out the quickie Hobo that would be homeless person today and be bad for shaming the homeless.
And all I thought I was doing was pulling off a fast cheep outfit.

Then there was Charlie Brown you could do that one with just a old sheet and a bunch of holes cut in it, add bag with rock and you are done.

Kids don't make their outfits that I see these days, It's too bad it's really fun to get creative with Halloween.

Man they are even tearing down my old school and building some new grand expensive school.
Our old school has a lot of charm and memories, it's sad.

Thanx for adding.

Cutcarefullyplayloud
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 14 days ago; 9:39 pm   Permalink

Oh my god you guys are such curmudgeons. I can’t believe you even let trick-or-treaters on your lawn.

View Profile of Cutcarefullyplayloud Send a personal message to Cutcarefullyplayloud      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 13 days ago; 09:39 am   Permalink

We have had two trick-or-treaters in 17 years since we have been here.
And they were just waiting for their mom to come out and drive them elsewhere.

Now in the last three years we have had twelve kids on a night before trick-or-treat night that is a night our neighborhood has its own trick-or-treat night and a neighborhood party.

It is great.

And on the school not having a Halloween costume parade at school it may have more to do with the many different people we now have in our schools and the fact that their customs or culture does not allow them to do things like Halloween or dress up.

I was at a thrift store buying Halloween stuff and the girl at the counter asked if I was having a party, I then asked her if she was going to dress up for Halloween and she said,
that "her culture does not allow them to do things like Halloween or dress up"

So it may be easier to tell you it's because of the poor people than to open a can of worms like that.

Odd how we are not supposed to offend or keep people from their culture and customs while our culture and customs get berated everyday more and more.

Glad I don't have a kid I would be at that school fighting all the BS they put our kids through daily.

Ha! Ha! now that is curmudgeony, But true.

Now go and decorate your house for Halloween.

Prikli Pear
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 11:55 am   Permalink

Curious. We've got a broad mix here and Halloween's big. Obviously with the Latino population Dia de los Muertos is everywhere. Our Korean exchange student last year said Halloween is mostly unknown in Asia (makes sense, considering the Irish/European origins) but found it silly fun. The modest Indian/Pakistani population seems to get into it as well. The only "culture" I've ever run into that doesn't participate in Halloween are the ultra-conservative Christian denominations that argue we're going to Hell for "glorifying the devil." They sponsor wholesome, religious-themed "Fall Festivals" to save souls from the perils of trick-or-treating. We always opt for the Catholic school's Halloween Carnival instead, because they've totally got that spook house thing down.

www.JaymeBlaschke.com

View Profile of Prikli Pear Send a personal message to Prikli Pear  Email Prikli Pear Goto the website of Prikli Pear     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 13 days ago; 12:16 pm   Permalink

From the net....

"Here are just some of the religions that don't celebrate Halloween:

Jehovah's Witnesses: They don't celebrate any holidays or even birthdays.

Some Christians: Some believe the holiday is associated with Satanism or Paganism, so are against celebrating it.

Orthodox Jews: They don't celebrate Halloween due to its origins as a Christian holiday. Other Jews may or may not celebrate.

Muslims: Many Muslims don't celebrate Halloween, again due to its origins in other religions"

Bam Bam
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 13 days ago; 1:49 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2018-10-08 21:39, Cutcarefullyplayloud wrote:
Oh my god you guys are such curmudgeons. I can’t believe you even let trick-or-treaters on your lawn.

Hey now, Halloween is my favorite holiday, and I am of the firm opinion that it should revolve almost entirely around providing the best possible experience for the kids. If that makes me a curmudgeon, so be it.

View Profile of Bam Bam Send a personal message to Bam Bam      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation