FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Tonga Hut, North Hollywood, CA (bar)
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
Tonga Hut, North Hollywood, CA (bar)
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-14 5:35 pm   Permalink

..looks like a great effort taking place...ya know, if all of us donated one tiki item, whatever we could spare, to places like these to help decorate them, we would never have to sit around in a lame tiki bar ever again!! ..think of it, we all have too much tiki crap to begin with, so we donate a mask here, or some mugs there...perhaps one of your own creations as an artist to help jazz up the walls....you could even write it off on your taxes as a donated item...all this talk about supporting a scene is simply that...talk!! I'm up for it.....i'm sending out some lamps....

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Molokai Mike
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-14 7:42 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-14 17:35, Tipsy McStagger wrote:
..ya know, if all of us donated one tiki item, whatever we could spare, to places like these to help decorate them, we would never have to sit around in a lame tiki bar ever again!! ..think of it, we all have too much tiki crap to begin with

I think that's a great idea. Forbidden Island will be donating an unused decor item.

View Profile of Molokai Mike Send a personal message to Molokai Mike  Email Molokai Mike Goto the website of Molokai Mike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2006-05-17 4:18 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-14 13:16, tongahut wrote:
The Fountain Is Running!!!!!

Come Check It Out!!

zazz!!!!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
christiki295
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-18 6:02 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2006-05-14 13:16, tongahut wrote:
The Fountain Is Running!!!!!

Come Check It Out!!

Tonga Tom has had a face lift!!And along with new landscaping (the jasmine will bloom in July), a new paint job and our new neon cocktail sign, the Tonga Hut is on its way to ushering in a new era for tiki lovers in the Valley!!

Much thanks to Greg McKinney for all his hard work with the interior and exterior and to Glenn Aldridge at Spic & Span Fountain Cleaning.

There's more new music in the jukebox including exotica, vintage jazz and loungcore!!

Hope to see you soon!

Ana & Jeremy

Excellent tiki urban renewal!

View Profile of christiki295 Send a personal message to christiki295  Email christiki295     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
devilkitten

Posted: 2006-05-23 3:59 pm   Permalink

I just joined Tiki Central and I wanted to say Howdy to everyone and invit them to come on down to the Tonga Hut. I started bartending there about 4 months ago and have been excited to see the gradual changes. When I first started I felt like my living room was more Tiki than the Tonga Hut but Jeremy and Ana have taken great strides to change all that! The best part is that THE FOUNTAIN IS RUNNING!!! and it looks great. I would like to invite all the Tiki Central members in the area to come down and visit me on any Wednesday night from 6-2. I play old B movies on the TV all night long and there's always lounge and exotica playing until you want to hear something in the jukebox. As a special "Hello" let me know that you're from Tiki Central and receive $1 off anything on our special tropical menu. Or ask me for my special drink, a Bettie Page Martini. And if you would like to be a "guest bartender" bring me a reicipe for one of your favorite tropical drinks and I'll do my best to create it for you! Hope to see you many of you there in the very near future!

View Profile of devilkitten Send a personal message to devilkitten  Email devilkitten     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-26 06:52 am   Permalink

I finally got a chance to go to the Tonga Hut last night. I highly recommend the place. Nicole the bartender made the best rum filled drinks in different tiki mugs. When the owners called in and found out we were TC people they bought us free drinks. The music was exotica great. The decor was great. I saw a Kirby painting on the wall as well.We met some nice people there also. For what it's worth this is one of the last remaining true tiki bars around in Southern California. I think we should support it and keep it going. Maybe we should organize a get together for all TCers to see this place and all the changes the owners have made here. I think the place needs more recognition from us since we want to see original tiki bars have staying power.

[ This Message was edited by: hiltiki 2006-05-26 07:44 ]

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
devilkitten

Posted: 2006-05-30 5:16 pm   Permalink

And I'll still be there this Wednesday night and every Wednesday night hoping to meet lots of new friends from Tiki Central. Say "HI"!! I'm the redhead behind the bar that gives you RUM!!!
Megan

View Profile of devilkitten Send a personal message to devilkitten  Email devilkitten     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-05-30 6:17 pm   Permalink

I am planning on coming over with Q-tiki and maybe more...see you!

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-01 01:23 am   Permalink

Megan it was nice meeting you. We had a blast, hope to see you soon again. The drinks were just great, and the music was "exotica" out of this world.

devilkitten

Posted: 2006-06-02 2:54 pm   Permalink

Thanks to all of you that came out Wednesday. It was great to meet you and I'm glad you liked the drinks! Hope you'll all come back soon! I'm working again tonight and would love to see lots of you there. It really makes the place feel more fun to have people who love tiki and the culture in there drinking out of tiki heads!

tongahut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-13 7:15 pm   Permalink

Did somebody say a TC Party at the Tonga Hut?!?! Awesome, we'd love to have you!! How about Saturday, July 1, 2006 from 9pm-2am? We'll have drink specials, we'll rent the dj equipment if anyone wants to volunteer to move the crowd, and I (Ana) will make pigs-in-a-blanket. Tell all your friends!!!

By the way, we changed our business hours to 4pm-2am in an effort to make the place more inviting to a wider audience (how's that for pc)so our regulars are mad at us. Having TCers here would be awesome. We're doing everything we can to improve the place and keep tiki alive in the Valley. We hope you like what you see when you come to the party on July 1st.

See you then,

Ana & Jeremy

View Profile of tongahut Send a personal message to tongahut  Email tongahut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Digitiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2006-06-15 4:12 pm   Permalink

Are the new hours in effect as of now? Occasionally I bring some co-workers by for a lunch-time drink. I will definately be there July 1st!!!

View Profile of Digitiki Send a personal message to Digitiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tongahut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-15 10:31 pm   Permalink

Tonga Hut new hours took effect on June 8th. We look forward to meeting you!

Ana

View Profile of tongahut Send a personal message to tongahut  Email tongahut     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tongahut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-24 8:41 pm   Permalink

Cyd's Farewell Party at Tonga Hut!! For those of you who know our bartender Cyd, her last day is tomorrow Sunday, June 25th. The party starts at 8pm and goes till the rum is gone! Stop by, I know she'll be glad to see you.

Ana & Jeremy

tongahut
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2006-06-24 8:41 pm   Permalink

Cyd's Farewell Party at Tonga Hut!! For those of you who know our bartender Cyd, her last day is tomorrow Sunday, June 25th. The party starts at 8pm and goes till the rum is gone! Stop by, I know she'll be glad to see you.

Ana & Jeremy

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation