FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Locating Tiki Chin's, Livonia, MI (restaurant )
Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
Chin's, Livonia, MI (restaurant )
tikifish
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-07-27 5:29 pm   Permalink

Name:Chin's
Type:restaurant
Street:28205 Plymouth Rd.
City:Livonia
State:MI
Zip:
Phone:734 525-CHIN

Description:
http://www.tikifish.com/chins.html

Here's my review of Chin's from way back (note, this is NOT the Chin Tiki - it is a restaurant outside Detroit owned by the same owners) - have a good laugh - I was such a Tiki newbie at this point I called 'The Book of Tiki'.. wait for it... 'Sven Kirsten's Tiki Style'. I blame it on the MSG...

Hey, at least I had the enthusiasm, if not the knowledge...

[ This Message was edited by: tikifish on 2003-07-27 17:30 ]

View Profile of tikifish Send a personal message to tikifish  Email tikifish Goto the website of tikifish     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 2:53 pm   Permalink

Here are pics from my visit to the Livonia Chin's on 1-11-07. Enjoy!

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
teaKEY
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-15 3:41 pm   Permalink

here is my before and after the first time I went. Note the BOT in my hand. And the red in my face.

View Profile of teaKEY Send a personal message to teaKEY  Email teaKEY Goto the website of teaKEY     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Jeff Central
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-16 12:08 pm   Permalink

Great pictures Chub!

Thanks for posting!!

Cheers and Mahalo,
Jeff

View Profile of Jeff Central Send a personal message to Jeff Central  Email Jeff Central Goto the website of Jeff Central     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiSass

Posted: 2007-01-19 10:12 pm   Permalink

This archeological study has been great..Thank you for the pictures. They are great...i am hoping to hit this place with FreddieB. Great Work!

View Profile of TikiSass Send a personal message to TikiSass      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chub
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-20 11:04 am   Permalink

Just to warn you, the food is really not very good at all. I've been trying different dishes at Chin's for the last 4 years and the only one that is decent is the Szechuan Chicken. Even the egg rolls are bland and taste microwaved. The drinks can be decent, but it's hit or miss.

Have Fun!
-Chub

[ This Message was edited by: Chub 2007-01-20 11:05 ]

View Profile of Chub Send a personal message to Chub  Goto the website of Chub     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Michele

Posted: 2007-03-06 07:31 am   Permalink

I just drove by Chin's yesterday and was curious as to what the connection was to Chin Tiki's in Detroit here are some very recent photos like yesterday....double chin!

View Profile of Michele Send a personal message to Michele      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-03-06 08:19 am   Permalink

..i'm glad to see from your pics that they decided to move some of the decor from the old chin tiki downtown to the livonia location....especially those 2 large wooden tikis crammed in the booth...

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Michele

Posted: 2007-06-03 3:12 pm   Permalink

My son teases my cat that she has a bald chin, look what he did to the Chin's sign OMG! too funny and you know what they say about CHINese food and cats YIKES!! Have a good laugh!

[ This Message was edited by: Michele 2007-06-03 15:15 ]

View Profile of Michele Send a personal message to Michele      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Keviki

Posted: 2007-07-04 7:13 pm   Permalink

Here's some new pictures of Chin's...

Bigger versions on my flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sultmhoor/sets/72157600649979542/

View Profile of Keviki Send a personal message to Keviki  Email Keviki Goto the website of Keviki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Chip and Andy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-04 9:18 pm   Permalink

The inside looks realtively new, so tell us more about the 'old' looking sign on the outside.

View Profile of Chip and Andy Send a personal message to Chip and Andy  Email Chip and Andy Goto the website of Chip and Andy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 11:02 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-04 21:18, Chip and Andy wrote:
The inside looks realtively new, so tell us more about the 'old' looking sign on the outside.

there is nothing new about the inside...it's always looked that way with the exception of some of the tikis that were brought over from the old chin's downtown...i wish they would fix the lights in the sign that used to blink on and off around the border....i think the neon portion is all that is working..nice to see they repainted the sign on the side of the building.

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
dogbytes
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-07-05 11:24 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-06-03 15:12, Michele wrote:
My son teases my cat that she has a bald chin, look what he did to the Chin's sign OMG! too funny and you know what they say about CHINese food and cats YIKES!! Have a good laugh![

Well Michelle, I for one am not laughing. Please tell me what proof you have that Chin's or other Chinese restuarants serve cats to their customers? These common stereotypes are NOT accurate or humorous, but rather reek of racism . Did your son learn that from you?"

View Profile of dogbytes Send a personal message to dogbytes  Email dogbytes Goto the website of dogbytes     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tekoteko
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 12:08 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2007-07-05 11:24, dogbytes wrote:
Quote:

On 2007-06-03 15:12, Michele wrote:
My son teases my cat that she has a bald chin, look what he did to the Chin's sign OMG! too funny and you know what they say about CHINese food and cats YIKES!! Have a good laugh![

Well Michelle, I for one am not laughing. Please tell me what proof you have that Chin's or other Chinese restuarants serve cats to their customers? These common stereotypes are NOT accurate or humorous, but rather reek of racism . Did your son learn that from you?"

Yeah, I've been priviledged enough to have a few snacks in the RongoRongo Room with Dogbytes, and I'm certain that no cats or dogs were served, even though Dogbytes is Chinese. That old stereotype isn't the least bit funny...I mean, unless Xenophobia is the new comedy.

[ This Message was edited by: tekoteko 2007-07-05 17:35 ]

View Profile of tekoteko Send a personal message to tekoteko  Email tekoteko     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-07-05 1:10 pm   Permalink

if i am not mistaken, and i rarely am, there was an article in a local paper many years ago that chef shangri-la was serving cats in lieu of cow for their dishes.....this must have been a good 9 years back or more....i may have to research the tribune archives for this one....hmmmmm. but never fear...they have since cleaned up their act and i have eaten there many times since.

Goto page ( 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation