FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts rvictor's tiki lab
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
rvictor's tiki lab
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-06 6:59 pm   Permalink

Skip-Glad you like it. I will make sure to tell the wife. She'll be pleased to hear that.

View Profile of RVICTOR Send a personal message to RVICTOR  Email RVICTOR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-04-06 8:25 pm   Permalink

I showed Dan your Bosko mug today. He loved it. I will glaze it along with the Wish List.
Now that I've seen what a great job you are doing on your pieces I should have left it in your hands!
I hope I do it justice.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-04-06 8:25 pm   Permalink

I showed Dan your Bosko mug today. He loved it. I will glaze it along with the Wish List.
Now that I've seen what a great job you are doing on your pieces I should have left it in your hands!
I hope I do it justice.

Cheers, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-07 11:27 am   Permalink

Wendy-No worries. You got it sista. The only thing I would have done is put on three coats of neutral tone underglaze fire and then do a black underglaze wipe off...this way you can do something different. It will be cool to see what you do with it...which honestly is something I have been looking forward to.

I'm glad Dan liked it. Tell him hi for me.

Excited cause I'm taking the wife to Tacoma for an overnight. Taking her to Tacoma Cabana Tiki Bar so she can check it out.

View Profile of RVICTOR Send a personal message to RVICTOR  Email RVICTOR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-07 11:39 am   Permalink

Posting photos of last nights, and this mornings, work. I made a few small molds at home. The sculpts were made from oil clay. I used foam board and a hot glue gun to make the molds. There press molds. It was my first attempt at making a mold at home and I am pretty happy about the results. This is a good step in the process of getting more things made in less time.

The first one is one of my "take the beach with you" necklace sculpts.

The next was a random tiki face for necklaces

The next one is for a friend Darlene Stokes at work. Her mother "Dinky" recently passed away and I discovered this tiki in her front yard when I went to the funeral reception. She told me that she thinks her dad carved it before he passed. I took photos of it before I left.

I asked her permission to use the tiki for a subject for necklaces and, just maybe, mugs. She said that she would love it...so I started with the necklaces. Here is the mold and the first 4. I am calling this the Stokes Tiki in honor of their family. I plan on doing a necklace for her family members.

Mahalo for looking.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-04-07 1:42 pm   Permalink

Wow good job on the necklaces and their molds. I told Dan Hi for you and he says it back.
I may use all underglaze on your mug. I'll do my best to make it special. Wendy

RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-15 10:02 pm   Permalink

Time for another report from the lab. Today was an important day as it was time to see how Tiki Skip's custom mug ended up. I found out that it came out a darker shade of blue than I had expected. Overall I'm pretty happy with it....hopefully Skip will like it. Ready for inspection....

Finally....The Royal Order of the Waterbuffalo Mug is alive! It's alive!

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-04-16 04:59 am   Permalink

I love it!
Looks great.
That's what I had in mind.

Will send a PM.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-16 05:56 am   Permalink

Posting photos of some of the random pendants...please vote for your favorite if you have one.

My favorites are #6 and # 10...I was thinking about making molds of them.

Thanks for taking the time to look.

hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-16 09:31 am   Permalink

Ps- skips new hat might not fit his head

All looks great

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-04-16 09:43 am   Permalink

Yeah 6 and 10 are good.
What about making them into wall tiles.
You know like 4 inch by 4 inch.

Here are my lights for trade.
The are a matched set and most
people hang them as a set.

Would look good next to your wife's
tiki shelf.

Can't wait to use this mug this summer.
Thanks!!

PM sent.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-16 11:40 am   Permalink

Hang10 - Thanks for voting and checking in. You the man.

Tiki Skip - Thanks for voting also and thanks for the trade. Look forward to wowing the family with the new lamps. I know they will love them.

Your right - the large tile would be easier to make and fun to try out.

I guess I should have put another item in the photos for scale. Most of these are 2" maximum dimension or less. It's hard to see how small they are without scale. It is hard to keep my hand steady enough for them to get better detail. Scaling up would be a good experiment.

danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-04-16 2:20 pm   Permalink

This mug is by RVICTOR. He and I made a deal and I requested to glaze it myself. Now that I've seen his work I should have let him do it. I'm lucky that Dan was happy with my glazing and loves his new Bosko Tribute mug Thank you RVICTOR.

What do you think? Wendy

RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-16 6:10 pm   Permalink

Wendy - I love the flames. The orange on the modern figures is totally different...I like it. It's cool to see you play with it. Glad Dan likes it.

RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-04-19 11:30 am   Permalink

A Big Aloha to everyone...this post will be short and sweet. A few small items that I was working on earlier that made it to the end of the assembly line.

First, this one was something I did early on but didn't post. Kind of like a Vantiki tile but not as good. I'm always inspired by illustrators, like Vantiki and Bai, that work in sculpture. They do the most awesome work I think.

Another one...this was just a quick moai sculpt that I have tweaked over the past several months. Little by little I finally figured out what to do with these little heads. Not an original idea, but I think it's a fun idea. Should I do some more like this or let the idea go? I would probably spend more time on the sculpt in the future though. What do you think?

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation