FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Other Crafts rvictor's tiki lab
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
rvictor's tiki lab
Tiki501
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-23 8:28 pm   Permalink

That mug looks awesome!

View Profile of Tiki501 Send a personal message to Tiki501  Email Tiki501 Goto the website of Tiki501     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-02-23 9:56 pm   Permalink

Well that was a super fun project to see in the works. Great supports. I'm ready to watch whatever comes up next.
Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-02-25 09:12 am   Permalink

This is awesome!
Great job Robert.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-25 5:56 pm   Permalink

Wendy-thanks...I watch you all the time too. Love the Rasta Bob your posting on now.

John-Glad you like it. Im taking it in to get fired tonight and picked up the glazes this weekend. Prayers for the kiln god.

View Profile of RVICTOR Send a personal message to RVICTOR  Email RVICTOR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-26 6:55 pm   Permalink

Interesting piece.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-02-27 05:55 am   Permalink

Hiltiki-thank you. Do you mean interesting as in "different" or interesting as in "I may be sending you a cease and desist order soon "?

View Profile of RVICTOR Send a personal message to RVICTOR  Email RVICTOR     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-02-28 06:44 am   Permalink

So did it turn out?
Or did the kiln kill it?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
onemoresean
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-02-28 6:27 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-02-22 09:41, RVICTOR wrote:
"Ack, Ack, A-Dak"

Onemoresean guessed it! My next project was to make a custom Royal Order of the Water Buffalo mug.

[

WoooHooo! Did I win one of your awesome mugs? I hope so

View Profile of onemoresean Send a personal message to onemoresean      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-02-28 7:05 pm   Permalink

[quote]
On 2015-02-28 18:27, onemoresean wrote:
Quote:

WoooHooo! Did I win one of your awesome mugs? I hope so

Wrong, sir! Wrong! Under section 37B of the contract signed by him, it states quite clearly that all offers shall become null and void if - and you can read it for yourself in this photostatic copy:

I, the undersigned, shall forfeit all rights, privileges, and licenses herein and herein contained, et cetera, et cetera... Fax mentis incendium gloria cultum, et cetera, et cetera... Memo bis punitor delicatum!

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You stole fizzy lifting drinks! You bumped into the ceiling which now has to be washed and sterilized, so you get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

Gary Busey Family is a winner though!
Good post onemoresean.

onemoresean
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-02-28 7:28 pm   Permalink

my bad

View Profile of onemoresean Send a personal message to onemoresean      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-01 08:35 am   Permalink

John-I'll find out on Wednesday. That's when I pick it up from the potters workshop I'm in. I dont own a kiln, hense the reason it takes me a long time.

RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-05 08:15 am   Permalink

John - Great news. It survived firing and looks great. I started glazing this morning.

RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-05 08:24 am   Permalink

Well...life has been getting in the way of starting new mugs...which I hope to get back to again soon. I've been drawing allot instead, as it is easier to fit into my schedule.

BRAD "TIKI SHARK" PARKER...this one is for you. Kinda a slop-fest compared to your work...but you keep inspiring all of us and your work keeps us pushing to get better!

RVICTOR
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-03-05 08:56 am   Permalink

OOps...pushed send. A couple more drawings to post...

This one was from a local Seattle music promotional Ad rag...I thought the picture was "uber-cute" and I never really drew a seahorse before...
I got the picture out of the "Stranger" I think. They were featuring something about the heinous sex lives of animals. The article was supposed to be geared towards post-pubescent, hormone fueled club monkeys...but they hooked me with a picture that was more geared towards a 5-year old. Go figure.

Next up...a few drawings where I was studying Ken Ruzic's stuff. He reminds me very much of Picasso for several reasons. He does a great job of creating flow from object to object in his paintings. I also really admire his imagination and loose style. Another artist that I think we can learn allot from.

I'm not sure if it is apparent, but I try to make sure to note other artists work that I am studying in my sketchbooks. Maybe it's unnecessary...but for me it's intended more like a nod or a sign of respect. Respect that they have developed their own style and approach. It takes time and constant practice. They have done the time.

tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-03-05 12:05 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-03-05 08:15, RVICTOR wrote:
John - Great news. It survived firing and looks great. I started glazing this morning.

Awesome!
Looks great!
Can't wait to see the glazed version.

Your drawings are great too!

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation