FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Creating Tiki Tiki Carving Aloha Texas Tiki !!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
Aloha Texas Tiki !!
AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-16 06:42 am   Permalink

Met my projected deadline on this guy...on to the next

www.clouseaux.com

View Profile of AlohaTexasTikiCo Send a personal message to AlohaTexasTikiCo  Email AlohaTexasTikiCo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nicework
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-16 07:16 am   Permalink

Good stuff,Its all about relationships. Show me who your friend is and I will show you who you are, A wise man once told me. The only way I can be a better carver it to be associated with Better carvers Thank You

View Profile of nicework Send a personal message to nicework  Email nicework     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-16 11:58 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-01-16 06:27, AlohaTexasTikiCo wrote:
Holy snappers Laz!! I would give my left chisel for a stash like that!! Congrats on the treasure trove of palm.
Where I am palm is hard to come by. At least I haven't found a good source yet. The pine I use sometimes kicks out a greyish color that I'm not too fond of but sometimes it gives it good character. I'm learning to really try and make use of whatever the particular piece has too offer colorwise. A lot of the pine I use has a nice reddish golden tint underneath the bark that I like to include in the finished product if I can. I'm headed to Roundtop TX tomorrow with my uncle to help him down some cedars on his property. I'm excited to beef up my stash as I'm running low. I'll post pics later. Keep on keepin on Laz, you're headed down the right track. As a wise carver once said, "practice makes progress"

Jay, I also have a stack of various kinds of logs (mostly pine), but if you run short of logs let me know.

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT  Goto the website of TheBigT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-16 11:59 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-01-15 12:00, AlohaTexasTikiCo wrote:
Here's another little guy that came by for a visit..

Awesomeness!

View Profile of TheBigT Send a personal message to TheBigT  Goto the website of TheBigT     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
amate
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-17 05:23 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-01-16 11:58, TheBigT wrote:

Jay, I also have a stack of various kinds of logs (mostly pine), but if you run short of logs let me know.

The last time I was over at TheBigT's house he had so many large pine logs, He could have started a sawmill!

View Profile of amate Send a personal message to amate  Email amate     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-17 7:09 pm   Permalink

Thanks BigT. I went to Roundtop today. My uncle has 5 acres with a ton of dead cedars he's trying to clear so I went with him and helped him out. I'm excited to work with cedar again. It's been forever. I'll show the whole batch I brought home later. Here's the tree we pulled down:

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaTexasTikiCo 2015-01-17 19:10 ]

View Profile of AlohaTexasTikiCo Send a personal message to AlohaTexasTikiCo  Email AlohaTexasTikiCo     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-18 12:04 pm   Permalink

Here's the whole batch of cedar from Roundtop:

AND I went hunting this morning and found these guys. I affectionately refer to the one on the right as the Back Breaker.

http://www.facebook.com/AlohaTexasTikiCo
instagram.com/alohatexastikico/
Twitter: @AlohaTxTikiCo

[ This Message was edited by: AlohaTexasTikiCo 2015-01-18 12:08 ]

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-19 08:26 am   Permalink

that big one's gonna make something good!

AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-21 5:22 pm   Permalink

Started work on a new commission:

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-22 06:10 am   Permalink

Nice, looks like pine. Maybe you can finish before the rain today!

AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-22 06:52 am   Permalink

Just moved all my stash of newly acquired pine and cedar to my carving area in the backyard. It's now off the ground and covered before the rain hits. I'm beat! Hopefully I can recharge and get back to that commission piece...

AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-24 5:20 pm   Permalink

Well I would have liked to experiment more with the stain and finishing but the customer wants to pick it up tmro so...

TheBigT
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-25 11:21 am   Permalink

I like it, i like it! Just a stain finish?

AlohaTexasTikiCo
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-25 1:19 pm   Permalink

1 coat of poly. Didn't want it glossy.

hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-01-25 9:30 pm   Permalink

Your last piece came out great.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation