FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Home Depot now has Tikis from Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Home Depot now has Tikis from Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo
TeeKeeMan
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-07-13 12:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-13 12:46, Biotron2000 wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-07-13 12:31, TeeKeeMan wrote:
....aaand still waiting for these to hit Fresno. Finally over the weekend one of the HD's had a sign put up saying 'Coming in July...TIki totems, etc.' and I left my phone number for them to call when they came in, but the kid looked young, and wrote my number on a napkin so I'm not too sure that will happen. I will keep stalking the place until they show up..

Bakersfield stores are saying the 15th.

THank you. they wouldn't even give me a date here just offered to take my number. I'll probably hit all 4 stores tomorrow to see if they have appeared yet.

View Profile of TeeKeeMan Send a personal message to TeeKeeMan  Email TeeKeeMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IMQTPI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-13 4:56 pm   Permalink

Confirmed sighting at the South San Jose - Blossom Hill store! There were 6 California Ku Tikis (now only 5!), and a couple of the Marquesan-style. No Maoris. They were just setting-up the display this afternoon.

So add that to the war-room pin-board!

~QT

[ This Message was edited by: IMQTPI 2015-07-13 16:56 ]

View Profile of IMQTPI Send a personal message to IMQTPI  Goto the website of IMQTPI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
IMQTPI
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-13 5:30 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-06 08:12, LoungeShark wrote:
Would somebody post pics of the Home Depot labels showing items #'s, etc? I'm going to figure out a way to get some on this side of the Mississippi....or at least try really hard. Heh.

I hope this works, but here is the tag from my 48" "Big Daddy" Tiki Diablo

View Profile of IMQTPI Send a personal message to IMQTPI  Goto the website of IMQTPI     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-13 9:47 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-13 07:57, Tiki Diablo wrote:
Let me know if the Laguna Niguel store has them please. My first Tiki was carved out in the nursery when that was a Home Base . That project got me into Tiki .

Danny, the Home Depot has started stocking your awesome work! I took a few pics. Only one 4' totem out right now- a Marquesan that had an unfortunate chip on it's lower half. But plenty of planters and two bars set up with a pallet full of other sets.

A snap shot of the various planters.

I took home this Marquesan planter and a Maori one

One of the bars

The Marquesan totem with some damage on his left pectoral area

A stockpile of non-Tiki Diablo tikis

So happy to have some of these at home now. Hope all the HD stores that don't have their out yet them ASAP.
CHEERS!

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
finky099
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-13 9:51 pm   Permalink

Oh, and here's the other side of the Tiki Diablo tag on each of the TD items (the generic ones dont have these)

View Profile of finky099 Send a personal message to finky099      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-14 12:30 pm   Permalink

I just learned at least one of the stores in Bakersfield will have them out today. I'll find out after work.

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tipsy McStagger
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-14 1:42 pm   Permalink

i hear costa mesa out of 4 footers but still have bars and planters

View Profile of Tipsy McStagger Send a personal message to Tipsy McStagger  Email Tipsy McStagger     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Phil
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-14 2:34 pm   Permalink

For you Bay Area/Nor cal folks, Home Depot in Rohnert Park has the full display up including the large Maori. Good selection to choose from

View Profile of Tiki Phil Send a personal message to Tiki Phil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
20th Century Man
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-15 12:08 am   Permalink

Last night, the Home Depot store in Newbury Park, CA (Ventura County) had four 4' Marquesan tikis only, plus
3-4 tiki bars and plenty of the smaller items. I took home one of the Marquesans. Didn't get the impression that these
were flying off the shelves exactly, but the nursery department guys I talked to said all the "Hawaiian" stuff was very seasonal
and they didn't expect any more shipments. Danny, these are beautiful pieces - great job!

And the Marquesan tiki tag...

Best of luck to all ohana to get some of these great Tiki Diablo pieces!

Aloha!
20th Century Man

View Profile of 20th Century Man Send a personal message to 20th Century Man  Email 20th Century Man     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TeeKeeMan

Posted: 2015-07-15 02:31 am   Permalink

They had the full array of designs today at the Fresno store (I guess it's technically the Clovis store - on Shaw/Willow), but the 'Big Daddy's seemed kind of banged up. The Marq and the Maori were the ones I was hoping to score anyway, so I was glad they actually had them and were in good shape.

[ This Message was edited by: TeeKeeMan 2015-07-15 02:43 ]

View Profile of TeeKeeMan Send a personal message to TeeKeeMan  Email TeeKeeMan     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Biotron2000
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-15 05:29 am   Permalink

Everything, including the Maori, was available in Bakersfield at the Gosford Rd. store yesterday afternoon. The Rosedale store should have them today as well.

View Profile of Biotron2000 Send a personal message to Biotron2000  Email Biotron2000     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-15 05:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-15 02:31, TeeKeeMan wrote:
...but the 'Big Daddy's seemed kind of banged up.

Yup. I can't help speculating on a little glimpse ahead into the future here on Tiki Central. We can look forward to many future thread(s) and posts on maintenance and restoration of the Tiki Diablo Home Depot tikis. (Is that how they will be referred to in the future?) Then, also, there will likely be threads on "found one in a garage sale," "found one in a barn in Kansas," "spotted one in the wild at my dentist's office," etc. etc. etc.

This is great stuff!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
drgoat456
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-15 07:57 am   Permalink

Tucson Home Depots got their shipment in last week.

View Profile of drgoat456 Send a personal message to drgoat456  Email drgoat456     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freeland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-15 09:11 am   Permalink

Glad to eventually see it all out there... Here in Central Texas it was a No Go on the planters as well Maori and PacNW tall pieces.

View Profile of Freeland Send a personal message to Freeland  Email Freeland Goto the website of Freeland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TeeKeeMan

Posted: 2015-07-15 11:38 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-15 05:50, AceExplorer wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-07-15 02:31, TeeKeeMan wrote:
...but the 'Big Daddy's seemed kind of banged up.

Yup. I can't help speculating on a little glimpse ahead into the future here on Tiki Central. We can look forward to many future thread(s) and posts on maintenance and restoration of the Tiki Diablo Home Depot tikis. (Is that how they will be referred to in the future?) Then, also, there will likely be threads on "found one in a garage sale," "found one in a barn in Kansas," "spotted one in the wild at my dentist's office," etc. etc. etc.

This is great stuff!

People are excited to find something more than the typical neon colored Party City style 'tiki' crapola we've been subjected to for years. If that 'future' you describe comes to pass, you're already ahead of the game. You can start typing up sarcastic and bitter replies now and have them on standby.

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation