FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums » » General Tiki » » Home Depot now has Tikis from Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Home Depot now has Tikis from Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo
tiki-riviera
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-18 07:56 am   Permalink

Visited the West Seattle store last night and it's tiki madness! Plan on heading back today to grab some before they disappear.

View Profile of tiki-riviera Send a personal message to tiki-riviera  Email tiki-riviera     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
OnlyATikiLad
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-18 09:39 am   Permalink

I'll be delivering a Maori to my brother in Camarillo today. If you're in the area and are looking to complete the Diablo Trifecta, I may be able to bring along an additional piece.
Twenty dollars will be added to help cover my Ventiki bar tab.
Pm me.

A preemptive apology for the possible double posting.

View Profile of OnlyATikiLad Send a personal message to OnlyATikiLad      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
thefuzz
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-18 5:35 pm   Permalink

Grabbed the last one at the Everett HD.

View Profile of thefuzz Send a personal message to thefuzz  Email thefuzz     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-19 3:56 pm   Permalink

Diablo is being represented in southeast Cali (aka the desert tiki wasteland).

Actually there was only this one bar and one tiki along with a bunch of made in China stuff but that's still the most tiki this county has seen in 40 years

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-20 07:17 am   Permalink

It definitely sucks that these are only available in the stores out west and not online for us easterners.

However, the tiki statues they were selling last summer were available this year online. I suspect that next summer, these will be available to everyone via home depot's website. Granted even online, they sell out fast.

I notice several of these popping up on ebay for more than double the retail price...so I think with a little patience (next season) these can be purchased by all.

As long as the demand continues, I don't see any reason they wouldn't get more and keep selling them.

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-20 07:24 am   Permalink

I think you're right, and hope that Danny is working on expanding this. If this was a limited test run, it looks to me like it was very successful. My fear is that if Home Depot and Danny don't get to expand this, then someone else will come along and do it with cheesy tikis. Lowe's has been carrying a single short/stubby concrete tiki in their garden center for a few years now and it seems to have been selling well. If Lowe's is paying attention, they could also expand their offerings.

This Home Depot and Tiki Diablo collaboration is awesome!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
jimsflies
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-20 08:27 am   Permalink

I managed to get a couple of the other tiki's home depot offered last year by calling a store in the Houston, TX area and getting them to ship them to me. But shipping wasn't cheap...and this year the same ones on there website were with free shipping. So...I could have saved 30% by waiting.

I did see some tiki stuff at Lowe's here this year. It was terrible...it made party city tiki look good.

I am curious though...for those that have the collection in their stores about the bar stools in this photo:

How's the quality? Are they fake or real bamboo? I could definitely use a few stools around my bar.

[ This Message was edited by: jimsflies 2015-07-20 08:29 ]

View Profile of jimsflies Send a personal message to jimsflies  Goto the website of jimsflies     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Atomic Tiki Punk
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-20 11:30 am   Permalink

Real Bamboo, Jim.

View Profile of Atomic Tiki Punk Send a personal message to Atomic Tiki Punk      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
precurser

Posted: 2015-07-20 2:31 pm   Permalink

Does anyone know what the deal is with the smaller succulents on the Tiki Diablo planters? I just picked up two of them and one of the smaller succulents "broke" off. It looks like it was glued in with some sort of green glue or something to the planter.

Just wondering if I can re-attach it somehow. It's an air plant right?

View Profile of precurser Send a personal message to precurser      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-20 3:45 pm   Permalink

Mine did not come with any plants which is fine since I have trouble keeping plants alive anyway. Here is a picture with the plastic succulents I picked up at the 99 cent store next to the Home Depot. I used some Shoe-goo I had to attach them on the bottom. On the top I was able to reuse the styrofoam that came with the plastic plant.

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-20 10:37 pm   Permalink

This afternoon the Whittier, Calif. H D had six Big Daddies and five Marq’s. Musta restocked cuz that’s more then they had displayed a couple of days ago. Alas, No Maoris though.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Kedex
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-21 05:00 am   Permalink

It's killing me that I haven't been able to find the planters around here. Would anyone be willing to pick up a couple and ship them to me? I could make it worth your while.

View Profile of Kedex Send a personal message to Kedex      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-21 05:59 am   Permalink

"I am curious though...for those that have the collection in their stores about the bar stools in this photo
How's the quality? Are they fake or real bamboo? I could definitely use a few stools around my bar."

Ok for looks.
But no good for fat tiki peeps.
Would hate to see one of those cute kiddies that someone brings to your next
party go crashing to the ground after plopping their sticky little fingers down on one of those stools.
Just sayn.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Quince_at_Dannys
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-21 4:32 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-20 22:37, nui 'umi 'umi wrote:
This afternoon the Whittier, Calif. H D had six Big Daddies and five Marq’s. Musta restocked cuz that’s more then they had displayed a couple of days ago. Alas, No Maoris though.
Cheers

I wouldn't feel right buying tiki stuff at the Home Depot that is literally down the street from OCEANIC ARTS! ;P

View Profile of Quince_at_Dannys Send a personal message to Quince_at_Dannys      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiModa

Posted: 2015-07-21 8:02 pm   Permalink

Today at the Santa Maria Home Depot we spotted this cool illustration hanging above the Tiki Diablo/Daniel Gallardo tiki display. The bottom tiki image I'm guessing is Daniel Gallardo? Haven't seen this at any other Home Depot.

View Profile of TikiModa Send a personal message to TikiModa  Email TikiModa     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation