FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Home Depot now has Tikis from Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
Home Depot now has Tikis from Danny Gallardo aka Tiki Diablo
El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-09 09:07 am   Permalink

The local Home Depot I stopped by this morning had everything unpacked and on display. No Maori's or the planters.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
The Below Decks
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-09 10:07 am   Permalink

Last night on the way home I repeated what I did the previous night: Two Home Depots on Slauson in Los Angeles and then the HD on Jefferson in Marina del Rey. I again struck out and ended up empty handed. And no one at any of them had a clue what I was asking about.

I'll try all three again today!

View Profile of The Below Decks Send a personal message to The Below Decks  Goto the website of The Below Decks     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TraderJames
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-09 12:06 pm   Permalink

Home Depot in Bothell, WA has 2 Maoris as of this morning

View Profile of TraderJames Send a personal message to TraderJames      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Phil
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-07-09 12:14 pm   Permalink

No luck at two Nor Cal Home Depots and nobody there knew anything about it either

View Profile of Tiki Phil Send a personal message to Tiki Phil      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
El Jefe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-09 1:06 pm   Permalink

One of the Home Depots I stopped at did not have the items unpacked yet. Walk around in the outside garden area and look for palates with the name Tropical Plant Source on the box I believe it is. The bar box is marked Tili Diablo bar. One tiki is marked Big Daddy and the other has 48 inch Polynesian tiki on the box.

View Profile of El Jefe Send a personal message to El Jefe      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
8FT Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-09 3:32 pm   Permalink

I checked a Kansas City location and got the usual confused look from employees. They let me know they didn't have them and told me it didn't make sense to be getting in garden supplies at this time of summer when they are trying to close out the garden center stuff. Don't they know I'm west of the damned Mississippi???????????????

View Profile of 8FT Tiki Send a personal message to 8FT Tiki  Email 8FT Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Rum Dog
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-09 5:44 pm   Permalink

The merchandise started to hit Riverside County (CA) stores yesterday. I was in the Murrieta store yesterday as employees were starting to unpack the pallets. I took the Big Daddy and the Marquesan tikis while they were still boxed. They did not have Maori tiki but stated a second wave of product would be hitting stores at the end of the month. The woman I spoke with might not have been a Home Depot employees since she stated she would be at the Perris store the following morning to set up their display.

The planters did hit the Murrieta location but they did not come with the plants so she stated that they were being returned. She did allow me to purchase them without plants. I went next door to the 99 cent store and purchased some plastic succulents that did the trick.
Hopefully they will get this situation resolved and might explain why other stores do not have them on display.

FYI: The planters are a little bit bigger than a good size tiki mug. They would make a great addition as bookends to a tiki mug collection.

View Profile of Rum Dog Send a personal message to Rum Dog      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-07-09 8:33 pm   Permalink

Found a bunch in L.A. today. I picked up one of the ku's . .no 48" maori's though..

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
nui 'umi 'umi
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-09 9:45 pm   Permalink

This morning at the La mirada and Whittier stores (California)-Nada
Gonna check out La Habra tomorrow.
Cheers

View Profile of nui 'umi 'umi Send a personal message to nui 'umi 'umi  Email nui 'umi 'umi     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Loki-Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-10 10:01 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-09 12:06, TraderJames wrote:

GRAB THEM! Danny mentioned this is the rarest one, less than 200 made.

View Profile of Loki-Tiki Send a personal message to Loki-Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freeland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-10 11:54 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-07-10 10:01, Loki-Tiki wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-07-09 12:06, TraderJames wrote:

GRAB THEM! Danny mentioned this is the rarest one, less than 200 made.

Any idea of the numbers on the others...

View Profile of Freeland Send a personal message to Freeland  Email Freeland Goto the website of Freeland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-10 12:07 pm   Permalink

Last night we went back to the Home Depot that said they wouldn't be getting them and they had two of everything! I bought the marq' I had been drooling over got it to the car and my wife said "I liked thumbs up guy too" (the Maori) so back in we went. Posted on Facebook and the next thing you know Robyn from Tacoma Cabana ran there and got all three of the Diablo tikis and more. Only one Ku left there but there is another Depot right off I-5 in Tacoma.

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ron-tiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2015-07-10 12:46 pm   Permalink

somewhere in los angeles

View Profile of ron-tiki Send a personal message to ron-tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
AceExplorer
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2015-07-10 12:53 pm   Permalink

Enough, I can't take it anymore! Danny, please make more, and ship 'em to us East of the Mississippi. Make 'em look even more rad, and cooler, so that we can have our own turn making our tiki friends jealous over on the opposite side of the Mississippi!

View Profile of AceExplorer Send a personal message to AceExplorer  Email AceExplorer     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Flange
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-07-10 1:30 pm   Permalink

This is killing me. I just finished up a great deck and patio build out, and I'm searching for this exact thing. Stuck in Chicago.

View Profile of Tiki Flange Send a personal message to Tiki Flange  Email Tiki Flange     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation