FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Don's Tiki Makeke 10/14 "Happy Hulaween"
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
Don's Tiki Makeke 10/14 "Happy Hulaween"
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-09-12 11:50 am   Permalink

Don't burn signs.
Just cut off old wrong number add new right number to the top
on another sign with right number.

The back story will make these the signs people want in the future.

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-12 6:38 pm   Permalink

Actually, I'm gonna re-route them correct on the back and sell them at the next International Tiki Marketplace at Don the Beachcomber on October 10th!

So, if you feel like showing the first Don the Beachcomber address you can or you can fool your friends with the address 2 doors down and flip it over!

2 signs for the price of one!

See ya'll at Don's on October 10th!!!

p.s. the No Tiki Drama signs went so fast that I'll have a few more next time for those of you who missed out. MAhalo!! to everyone who visited us today!!

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikiskip
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2015-09-12 8:54 pm   Permalink

"p.s. the No Tiki Drama signs went so fast that I'll have a few more next time for those of you who missed out."

Ha! does Dons have one hanging now?

Are you going to do a "No white walls" one next?

View Profile of tikiskip Send a personal message to tikiskip      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-13 08:46 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-09-12 20:54, tikiskip wrote:
"p.s. the No Tiki Drama signs went so fast that I'll have a few more next time for those of you who missed out."

Ha! does Dons have one hanging now?

Are you going to do a "No white walls" one next?

Skip! "No White Walls" is in the works!

I ran out of the No Tiki Drama signs before I could give one to Don's wall.

Bamboo Ben
Tiki Bars I've designed/built. TikiCat, Royal Hawaiian, Kona Club, Frankie's Tiki Room, Pacific Seas, Don the Beachcomber,Forbidden Island, Kon Tiki Tucson, Tiki No,etc....

View Profile of RevBambooBen Send a personal message to RevBambooBen  Email RevBambooBen Goto the website of RevBambooBen     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-13 10:36 am   Permalink

What an INCREDIBLE day at Don the Beachcomber's international marketplace yesterday!
So many Smiles! So many Sales! So much OHANA in the house!
and with the new improved air-conditioning and Awesomely helpful staff
vending was a (pun intended) Breeze!
Visitors were non-stop and there was a HUGE line of folks outside before the event even began!
Heard it was the BEST and BIGGEST turnout EVER in their History!
Which says a LOT!
Thank you ALL,Don's,the staff,all you talented vendors and musicians and entertainers
a Great BIG MAHALO for showing your support for this building that holds so many memories and smiles for us all!
Will be there on October 10th to repeat this wonderful experience...
hope to see y'alls there!

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook and now Instagram under Ken Ruzic
AW Jeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
kkocka
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-15 11:36 am   Permalink

Sad to say that with all the crammed people, on top of the staff nagging us to death that there even WAS a marketplace (why else would I be there?), and the open doors letting the outside heat indoors, topped with my fussy 2 year old, we didn't make it inside the actual marketplace. I can't believe the lot was full by 10 and that people made a fuss about free shot glasses.

How would you venders and attendees say the event went, overall? In my eyes when I read "biggest one yet!" I thought booooo. Much like Disneyland I'd rather have the place empty rather than packed, so that I can not be shuffled around with the rest of the cattle. I'm sure vendors think the opposite, however.

[ This Message was edited by: kkocka 2015-09-15 11:37 ]

View Profile of kkocka Send a personal message to kkocka      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-15 8:10 pm   Permalink

I'll have at least one more of these ALOHA benches avail at the rOCTober 10th Marketplace!

6'l. x 12"d. x 16"h. 85.00 killer deal!!!

Bamboo Ben

RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-16 5:46 pm   Permalink

Here are some new 10.00 signs we'll have. See y'all soon!

Bamboo Ben

Hpetridis
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-09-19 12:09 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-09-15 20:10, RevBambooBen wrote:
I'll have at least one more of these ALOHA benches avail at the rOCTober 10th Marketplace!

One of my first ITMP purchases was an ALOHA
bench, but it hasn't weathered well. Time to upgrade!!

(I've since invested heavily in Marine Spar)

View Profile of Hpetridis Send a personal message to Hpetridis  Email Hpetridis     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-19 08:43 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2015-09-19 00:09, Hpetridis wrote:
Quote:

On 2015-09-15 20:10, RevBambooBen wrote:

One of my first ITMP purchases was an ALOHA
bench, but it hasn't weathered well. Time to upgrade!!

(I've since invested heavily in Marine Spar)

Yes. The sun eats everything now days. It's best to keep them out of the weather or like you did, invest in Marine Spar

Bamboo Ben

BigToe
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-22 4:09 pm   Permalink

Yep, as a vendor, it was great. Fantastic to see so many new faces. Its a lot of work to set up at the event and more attendance makes it more likely that I can recover my cost. I feel your pain though in trying to get through the crowd with a toddler.

For me though, this has never really been a lucrative event, but rather has been a way to get together with the Tiki Ohana and show support for one of the last venerable tiki bars we have left.

So although I wish everyone success in the Elks Club Ohana, because we have been forced to choose, I personally I have decided to continue to support the Dons Marketplace.

Mr. Toe

Quote:

On 2015-09-15 11:36, kkocka wrote:
Sad to say that with all the crammed people, on top of the staff nagging us to death that there even WAS a marketplace (why else would I be there?), and the open doors letting the outside heat indoors, topped with my fussy 2 year old, we didn't make it inside the actual marketplace. I can't believe the lot was full by 10 and that people made a fuss about free shot glasses.

How would you venders and attendees say the event went, overall? In my eyes when I read "biggest one yet!" I thought booooo. Much like Disneyland I'd rather have the place empty rather than packed, so that I can not be shuffled around with the rest of the cattle. I'm sure vendors think the opposite, however.

View Profile of BigToe Send a personal message to BigToe  Email BigToe Goto the website of BigToe     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
geedavee
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-23 12:08 pm   Permalink

As a first time vendor, I was very pleased with the event and I plan on vending at the next one. I would say if you don't like the big crowds, you might want to come a little later in the day. It really died down by about 2PM.

The AC has been upgraded. Workers were loading a new rooftop unit on that morning so it should be quite comfortable for the October event.

Quote:

On 2015-09-15 11:36, kkocka wrote:

How would you vendors and attendees say the event went, overall? In my eyes when I read "biggest one yet!" I thought booooo. Much like Disneyland I'd rather have the place empty rather than packed, so that I can not be shuffled around with the rest of the cattle. I'm sure vendors think the opposite, however.

View Profile of geedavee Send a personal message to geedavee  Goto the website of geedavee     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
RevBambooBen
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-09-29 9:12 pm   Permalink

Just to let everyone know, THE ORIGINAL ( Bamboo Ben ) NO TIKI DRAMA SIGNS will only be sold at the Original Tiki Market Place at Don The Beachcomber!

All others are imposers!!!

Come to Don's on OCTOBER 10th and win one for FREE( signed too)

while playing Bamboo Ben Trivia!

See Y'all sOOn!!

Bamboo Ben

Thrift Tiki
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2015-10-03 1:18 pm   Permalink

Super looking forward to next weekend's event--even more so because THOR is giving away signed prints made especially for Don's!! AND if you are lucky you can even get one of the limited prints that have been framed by Bamboo Ben!

Uh..awesome!

Great location..great vendors..great friends...Ohana and aloha overload!!

Support this great, vintage Polynesian palace while shopping for awesome tiki swag AND get hooked up with awesome art for FREE?!?!

It's a NO BRAINER!

[ This Message was edited by: Thrift Tiki 2015-10-03 13:21 ]

View Profile of Thrift Tiki Send a personal message to Thrift Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2015-10-08 07:40 am   Permalink

Getting excited about the International Tiki Marketplace at Don's this Saturday!
I will be working on an 18 x 36" woodburn while vending,
showing how these pyrographical masterworks are created LIVE!
Feel free to come over and visit the booth and say hello
and DO feel free to ask questions,as i am one chatty kathy ,once started!
There will also be a few hand-painted mugs,Original drawings,
and still a BUNCH of Tiki Coloring Books for you to adopt!
and of course....Plenty of Hugs!
So come on down and let's make a day of it,shall we?

www.kinnyruzic.com Art Blogs Wishes Fulfilled!
I'm on Facebook and now Instagram under Ken Ruzic
AW Jeah!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2017 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation