FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events First Annual Tiki Fest on Catalina Island August 16
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
First Annual Tiki Fest on Catalina Island August 16
MakeDaMug
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-08-31 6:02 pm   Permalink

Better late then never - this post is way late! What an awesome gig it was! There are a lot of great venues/spots to pull of a most excellent Tiki Fest again at Avalon! Thanks to Kwhoona, Lokelani & Jerry!
Holden

View Profile of MakeDaMug Send a personal message to MakeDaMug  Email MakeDaMug Goto the website of MakeDaMug     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-01-07 11:40 am   Permalink

Any date made for this years event yet??

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 11:44 am   Permalink

Hope so! Twas an absolute BLAST last year! I'm still Hungover!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hau 'oli Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-01-07 7:14 pm   Permalink

Wasn't it in August last year? But now Oasis is in August, so I hope there won't be a double event weekend! Cuz this year I ain't missin a thing!
No more relatives gettin married. Kid can drive herself. Mom can watch her own dogs.

View Profile of Hau 'oli Tiki Send a personal message to Hau 'oli Tiki  Email Hau 'oli Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
stentiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2007-05-07 7:03 pm   Permalink

Any dates for this yet?

Planning my 2007 summer Tiki calendar.

[ This Message was edited by: stentiki 2007-05-07 19:03 ]

View Profile of stentiki Send a personal message to stentiki  Email stentiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2007-05-07 7:06 pm   Permalink

I heard it's not going to happen again

View Profile of WooHooWahine Send a personal message to WooHooWahine  Email WooHooWahine     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Mongoloid
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 4:05 pm   Permalink

I missed out on Tiki Fest in 2003 and it sounds like it was a good time and the setting couldnt be any better. I realize that back then it happened on what is now Tiki Oasis weekend, but why was it never put on again? Catalina alone is an escape, so being on an island plus tikis, cocktails, live entertainment and a warm summer weekend seems like the ideal combo. Any insight to why the first annual tiki fest never made it to round two would be appreciated.

View Profile of Mongoloid Send a personal message to Mongoloid      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
bigtikidude
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-09 9:23 pm   Permalink

um I think there was a #2.
I recall that the Dynotones, and other bands played.
who were the other bands.

Jeff(btd)

View Profile of bigtikidude Send a personal message to bigtikidude  Email bigtikidude     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 09:37 am   Permalink

Jeff - we were at the Catalina Tiki Fest in 2006, and I didn't actually realize until now that there were other events in Catalina several years prior to that. Yes, The Dynotones played, as well as The Smokin' Menehunes, APE, and King Kuk and The Friki Tikis. There were other bands too, but I don't recall the names (I'm sure that info can be found by searching the forums under Catalina Tiki Fest, if anyone is curious). It was pretty much our first real "TC" event, and it was a total blast, but I've heard that there won't be another, sadly. I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason is that it was a logistical nightmare for the bands and vendors? If it ever were to happen again, we'd be there in a heartbeat, and I can name many others that would too.

Didn't Holden put it on? Betcha he has the answers.

Tiki Kitty / Deanna Rose

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kitty 2010-02-10 09:39 ]

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Daves Not Home
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 2:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-10 09:37, Tiki Kitty wrote:
If it ever were to happen again, we'd be there in a heartbeat, and I can name many others that would too.

Tiki Kitty / Deanna Rose

[ This Message was edited by: Tiki Kitty 2010-02-10 09:39 ]

WE WANT NAMES! AND WE WANT THEM NOW!

View Profile of Daves Not Home Send a personal message to Daves Not Home  Goto the website of Daves Not Home     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tiki Kitty
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 2:55 pm   Permalink

I can only tell you in person, Deuce. So ride your bike over here, and bring me a sandwich. Please.

View Profile of Tiki Kitty Send a personal message to Tiki Kitty      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
little lost tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 3:12 pm   Permalink

I'D GO again!
it twas a BLAST!!!!
the APE set ROCKED!

View Profile of little lost tiki Send a personal message to little lost tiki  Email little lost tiki Goto the website of little lost tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hakalugi
Site Administrator

Posted: 2010-02-10 3:46 pm   Permalink

Quote:

... I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason is that it was a logistical nightmare for the bands and vendors? ...

I think you're right, this probably nails it. An affordable car ferry to Catalina would solve this.

View Profile of Hakalugi Send a personal message to Hakalugi      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
WooHooWahine
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2010-02-10 4:06 pm   Permalink

Here's the link to the One and Only "Catalina Tiki Fest". It was one of the Best Events that I have every been too. Everyone had a Blast being stranded on an island for the weekend

http://www.tikiroom.com/tikicentral/bb/viewtopic.php?topic=18055&forum=17

Jason Wickedly
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2010-02-10 4:07 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2010-02-10 15:46, Hakalugi wrote:
Quote:

... I wouldn't be surprised if part of the reason is that it was a logistical nightmare for the bands and vendors? ...

I think you're right, this probably nails it. An affordable car ferry to Catalina would solve this.

No cars allowed, at least in Avalon. Golf carts only. If only some TCer had a boat they were willing to ferry people over on...

View Profile of Jason Wickedly Send a personal message to Jason Wickedly  Email Jason Wickedly Goto the website of Jason Wickedly     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation