FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums General Tiki Weird Uncle Tiki Florida Bound!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
Weird Uncle Tiki Florida Bound!
weirduncletiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2002-08-22 11:31 am   Permalink

Oh, yes.... with all the Hawaii talk, I almost forgot about Florida. The Mai-Kai is, as you all know or have heard, AWESOME! Like, totally gnarley and whatnot. It really is an island wonderland fantasy. That week, I took my 2nd and 3rd trips up there. Take advantage of 2 for 1 drinks everyday from 5 'til 7. 1/2 price appetizers 'til 6, and free sushi wednesdays. My pictures(coming soon) will tell more of the story than I'll type here.

I also had to check out Disney's Polynesian Resort. I made the sales rep I was working with at the Disney Resort get on the monorail and take me over there. What a beautiful compound. The detail, the lushness, the tikis! I almost cried. With the humidity and heat and those surroundings, I really felt as if I were in the islands. I guess my enthusiasm impressed him: as we were leaving he called the main office and told his boss that we were running late because I was humping tikis(not entirely true!). My stay there was short, just a quick walk-around so I can't comment on food or drinks, but I can't wait to get back. Again.... photos on the way.
-Weird Unc

View Profile of weirduncletiki Send a personal message to weirduncletiki  Email weirduncletiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 12:26 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-09 14:59, thejab wrote:
I LOVE the Green Turtle Inn, especially Tina Turtle, who performs there nightly! We had a blast there! I doubt that weirdunc has the time to drive all the way down there but I'm glad to hear that it's still there.

Dean was sad to tell me that the Green Turtle Inn closed a couplemonths ago after 40 or so years.

If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mrsmiley
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2004-09-17 1:12 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2002-07-09 14:50, Kentiki wrote:
Fu Manchu
325 - 71st Street
Miami Beach, Florida
(305) 866-4303

There are postcards of it here:

http://www.njedge.net/~knapp/restaura.htm

Scroll down to the Florida location. It CAN'T look that cool anymore. But maybe, just maybe.

For the most part, the FU Manchu still looks like those postacards--at least it did last time i was there.
If you like it, it is ZAZZ! If you don't it is RAZZ!

View Profile of mrsmiley Send a personal message to mrsmiley  Email mrsmiley Goto the website of mrsmiley     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation