FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Drinks and Food Lemon Hart 151 is coming back ... AGAIN!
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
Lemon Hart 151 is coming back ... AGAIN!
Hurricane Hayward
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-08-11 08:09 am   Permalink

From Facebook: Lemon Hart 151 sighted in Florida at a Mexican restaurant in Dunedin, of all places ...

FYI: The Florida distributor is International Wine & Spirits.

Someone also commented that this month's national distribution is in "limited amounts."

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
the_devils_tool

Posted: 2016-08-13 5:34 pm   Permalink

Since my budget was jacked anyway I picked some up.

I'd agree with mikehooker, they all three have different profiles. IMO, The new LH 151 is a lot lighter in body than either Hamilton or Red Label. Red Label has the most gunpowdery taste out of all three whereas I get more spiciness out of Hamilton. The new LH is light with a burn on top.

I don't think anyone is better or worse off if they can't get their hands on one or the other, they're all going to work great in tiki cocktails requiring that exceptional guyana rum profile. It's up to the experts to declare which one is "authentic" enough but for my tastes they're all equally good - in slightly different ways.

View Profile of the_devils_tool Send a personal message to the_devils_tool  Goto the website of the_devils_tool     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward

Posted: 2016-08-20 5:57 pm   Permalink

Spotted yesterday by a friend in Miami ...

Also available at Coral Way Liquors, 11865 S.W. 26th St., Miami.

I don't have one in my grubby hands yet, but hope to soon.

The Mai-Kai Cocktail Guide

View Profile of Hurricane Hayward Send a personal message to Hurricane Hayward  Email Hurricane Hayward Goto the website of Hurricane Hayward     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Freeland
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-21 7:19 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-08-10 11:15, tabuzak wrote:

I still have a bit of the yellow label still around.

I'll help you get rid of it

View Profile of Freeland Send a personal message to Freeland  Email Freeland Goto the website of Freeland     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-26 07:07 am   Permalink

It's in at DrinkupNY.

https://www.drinkupny.com/Who-Sells-Lemon-Hart-151-Proof-p/s0375.htm

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Professor Pineapple
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2016-08-26 12:30 pm   Permalink

For that price I think I'll wait for a few more reviews, and they had better be glowing!

Oh, for the days when I could walk down the street and pick up the genuine article for $14.

View Profile of Professor Pineapple Send a personal message to Professor Pineapple  Goto the website of Professor Pineapple     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tabuzak
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-26 12:58 pm   Permalink

I just picked up a bottle at Astor for $32.99.

View Profile of tabuzak Send a personal message to tabuzak  Email tabuzak Goto the website of tabuzak     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2016-08-26 1:04 pm   Permalink

Bummer they can't ship to Washington.

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-08-27 05:05 am   Permalink

I know the reviews are still out, but I have heard enough to make the jump. Just ordered 4 bottles from drinkupny. When they come in I will do a comparison using one of Hurricane's Mai Kai Jet Pilot tributes and probably a heads-on taste test. I will be able to use all 4 contenders: Yellow Label, Red Label, Hamilton and of course the new label. I will probably invite some neighbors and make a party out of it since I wont be going anywhere else that night. Plus I need to show off my new gigantic pufferfish light hanging in the Tonga Lounge.

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
mikehooker

Posted: 2016-08-27 09:50 am   Permalink

Quote:

On 2016-08-27 05:05, Tonga Tiki wrote:
I know the reviews are still out, but I have heard enough to make the jump. Just ordered 4 bottles from drinkupny. When they come in I will do a comparison using one of Hurricane's Mai Kai Jet Pilot tributes and probably a heads-on taste test. I will be able to use all 4 contenders: Yellow Label, Red Label, Hamilton and of course the new label. I will probably invite some neighbors and make a party out of it since I wont be going anywhere else that night. Plus I need to show off my new gigantic pufferfish light hanging in the Tonga Lounge.

Please do report your findings. Quite a few of my friends here in Austin have picked up the new stuff and have been enjoying it. I still have 7 bottles of red label that I'm finally content working my way through with reckless abandon. And I even picked up another bottle of Hamilton cuz it was on sale for $22.

View Profile of mikehooker Send a personal message to mikehooker  Goto the website of mikehooker     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward

Posted: 2016-08-28 6:50 pm   Permalink

Lemon Hart 151 touches down at Hidden Harbor in Pittsburgh ...

tikicoma
Grand Member (7 years)  

Posted: 2016-08-31 10:16 pm   Permalink

Comparison taste testing at Tacoma Cabana... my gums are numb.

View Profile of tikicoma Send a personal message to tikicoma      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-01 09:49 am   Permalink

Its a bit of a rainy day here in Safety Harbor. But to brighten my day the UPS driver just delivered my 4 bottles of the new LH 151. This weekend I am planning my formal taste tests. I will use Hurricane's Mai Kai tribute Jet Pilots and likely 151 Swizzles as my comparison cocktails. Of course will do a head to head comparison also. I couldn't help myself and did a quick sniff and taste of the 3 LH's. I could sense some difference, but I will withhold most of my comments until this weekend. However, what I can say is that the new version is good and has the flavor that we are looking for.

*Side note... Yesterday I received my copy of Swanky's Mai Kai book. It looks great and is fun to read. He did a great job!

View Profile of Tonga Tiki Send a personal message to Tonga Tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hurricane Hayward

Posted: 2016-09-02 11:54 pm   Permalink

Gleaned from Facebook ...

According to Jason: "The new one tastes heavily of brown sugar. Really a one note wonder. Adds an odd apricot taste to a Zombie and there is absolutely no punch to it at all."

Meanwhile, I still haven't located a bottle. Hoping to track one down over the long weekend.

Tonga Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-09-03 09:14 am   Permalink

Part of the fun of this is that we are splitting hairs about cocktails and specifically..Demerara 151 Rum. If you want a Zombie that has an "in your face" attitude I would agree with Jason that the Hamilton accomplishes that. The jury is still out on the new LH151 and it to does come across a little lighter with less of an initial alcohol punch than the Hamilton. But it is a good rum with a smoky smooth and slightly sweet flavor. If you prefer a cocktail that is a little smoother and sneaks up on you. I think we have a new rum to work with. What I am happy about is that we get to argue/discuss/compare different options now. I remember a short time ago everyone scrambling to get the last bottles of LH red label. Then the Hamilton arrived.. and now a new LH 151. At the end of the day I don't think we are going to crown a winner between Hamilton and the new LH. But we may find that with certain cocktails one is preferable over the other. As I compare rums I am fortunate enough to have yellow label LH 151 to compare to. So when I taste these rums..it is the benchmark that I go by. Let the games begin....

[ This Message was edited by: Tonga Tiki 2016-09-03 09:26 ]

Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation