[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Marketplace FREE Raffle : Na Iwi O Pele
Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
FREE Raffle : Na Iwi O Pele
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-17 5:22 pm   Permalink

Aloha Tiki Tribe!

Can a raffle be free? If not what would it be?
----------------------
Short story long... I am currently moving, everything is going in storage and I am going AWOL.
I have purged everything I possibly can and still have too much.

I will be posting some tiki ceramics soon, but this needs done now since the holiday is quickly approaching.
------------------------

I received this beautiful work of art in an art swap years ago and it was on display the entire time. But unfortunately I just have no room anymore. It's a tall lamp (approx. 15" tall - bubble wrapped atm) and it has a very cool lava light bulb included.

Hate to see it go, but since it has to it needs to go to a caring family who can appreciate it as much as I do.

Traveling Jones did a fantastic job sculpting it, the detailing is over the top, the colors are vibrant and just perfect for the piece.
In the spirit of the art swaps I can not charge for it. I don't want it to go to just anyone, so I am posting this here, the only place that I feel... oh I don't know, it just needs to go to someone here.

The picture is small but I just ripped it from the art swap thread.
Traveling Jones' Na Iwi O Pele (The Bones of Pele) lamp

============

So here is the deal. Anyone who is interested should post in this thread stating why they feel THEY should get it.

If there are a good amount of names by xmas (say 10+?) I will pick a name that day. If it's not enough time I will postpone the drawing until New Years day.
I will pick the 3 best reasons why posters think they should get it and will double their chances in the drawing.

(names on paper in a hat )

So don't rush your answers, make 'em count. And may the best Tikiphile win!!!

=============
I will then send a PM to the winner, and announce in this thread.

The winner will need to PM me back shipping info and I will send it off at NO charge. I did say FREE raffle

[ This Message was edited by: Badd Tiki 2016-12-17 17:27 ]

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-17 10:52 pm   Permalink

BaddTiki-

Wow
This is an amazing gift you are letting go.
Do I love the lamp, yes.
Would I like to own the lamp, yes.

However
As soon as I finished reading your post
Only 1 thought came to mind

It should go to MadDogMike
He has done a great job leading the swaps and
He is truly one of the nicest people I know.
Kindness and selflessness are truly a rare quality to find in someone.
Mike possesses both of these qualitys and is very deserving of the great gift.

So I proudly nominate him to be the recipient.

I hope the Tiki Gods agree

Aloha Bruddah
Jon out

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ErichTroudt
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-18 4:37 pm   Permalink

Good call Jon... MDM is a good choice

View Profile of ErichTroudt Send a personal message to ErichTroudt  Email ErichTroudt     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-12-18 10:43 pm   Permalink

Come on guys! I was going to come in here and enter the raffle saying that I didn't deserve it but it was really bitchin' and I just wanted it. Now I can't say I don't deserve it but that will make Jon and Erich look like liars. If I say they are liars then I'm not a nice guy any more and that creates some sort of cyclical invalid argument (like dividing by zero) making a tear in the time/space continuum and causing the TC universe to collapse!!! (Did that make sense? It's getting late )

I say you put H10T and ET in the drawing along with me and whoevery else pops up, I'm willing take my chances (It is a really bitchin' lamp!!!)

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-12-18 10:49 pm   Permalink

Besides, running the Swaps is it's own reward

View Profile of MadDogMike Send a personal message to MadDogMike  Goto the website of MadDogMike     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
JenTiki
Grand Member (first year)  

Posted: 2016-12-19 08:12 am   Permalink

I agree that MDM should have it. I like it, but have also recently gone through a purge and don't really have room for it right now. If you put my name in the hat, I'll just send it to Mike.

View Profile of JenTiki Send a personal message to JenTiki  Goto the website of JenTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ukutiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-19 08:52 am   Permalink

Love the lamp but there are certainly others who deserve it more.

View Profile of ukutiki Send a personal message to ukutiki  Email ukutiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
danlovestikis
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2016-12-19 8:04 pm   Permalink

I love Traveling Jones. He should come back on here and post again. Good idea to put MDM, hang10tiki and Eric in a HUGE bag and draw one of these guys out. Then that person can carry it home.

This should be fun, Wendy

View Profile of danlovestikis Send a personal message to danlovestikis      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hiltiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-20 10:37 am   Permalink

MDM for sure.

View Profile of hiltiki Send a personal message to hiltiki  Goto the website of hiltiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
cy
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-20 11:09 am   Permalink

As much as I deserve to get one of my favorite swap participants Traveling Jones' ultra-cool lamp, I have to grudgingly agree that Mad Dog would be a great choice, good call H10. I do have many empty plug sockets in my home just in case however.

View Profile of cy Send a personal message to cy  Goto the website of cy     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-20 10:08 pm   Permalink

Just saw this, and, yes, will throw in for Mike- though I'm enjoying reading everyone's not-quite-as-enthusiastic-but-honest votes.

Speaking of Swaps... Mike..???

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiAno
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-21 10:55 am   Permalink

After re-reading your post, since we do have to nominate someone, I will make it more "official." I nominate Mad Dog Mike to win this raffle in the hopes that winning will make him less Mad.

I'm out!

View Profile of TikiAno Send a personal message to TikiAno  Goto the website of TikiAno     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
hang10tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2016-12-22 7:41 pm   Permalink

View Profile of hang10tiki Send a personal message to hang10tiki      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Badd Tiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2017-01-17 12:25 pm   Permalink

Sorry about slackin off on this.

So I put everyone's names in a hat and would you believe it?

The one name I draw is...

MAD DOG MIKE !!!!

I know unreal eh? It's amazing! It's astounding! It's well deserved!

Congrats MDM, you da man!

View Profile of Badd Tiki Send a personal message to Badd Tiki  Goto the website of Badd Tiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MadDogMike
Grand Member (8 years)  

Posted: 2017-01-17 2:02 pm   Permalink

Thank you Badd Tiki. It is a cool piece and I have just the place for it. Will post a pic in it's new digs once it arrives. Thank you all for your nominations

Goto page ( 1 | 2 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2018 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation