FEATURES | MUSIC | BOOKS | DRINKS | FORUMS | GAMES | LINKS | ABOUT

advertise on Tiki Central

Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop
  [Edit Profile]  [Edit Preferences]  [Search] [Sign Up]
[Personal Messages]  [Member List]  [Help/FAQ]  [Rules]  [Login]
Tiki Central Forums Tiki Events California Events Enchanted Tiki Room Anniverary Official Press Release
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
Enchanted Tiki Room Anniverary Official Press Release
gatorjwade
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-03 07:23 am   Permalink

Well, as luck would have it I have a business trip to San Fran on the 22nd, so I'll come out a few days early to hit the release of the Tiki Room 40th items! I'm really psyched for this event! I've never been to Disneyland or the LA area before, either. (Many times to DisneyWorld, tho.)

I'd like to hook up with other folks travelling for the event. My flight lands Friday, 19th, about 7pm. Anyone got an inexpensive hotel to recommend? (I'll just be sleeping there a few hours.)

Also, while I imagine I'll spend most of the day at Disneyland, what would you recommend I do on my one night (Sat) in the LA area? (I'll be leaving Sun morning to do the drive up the coast to SF.) Also, and recommendations for "must see" things in the LA area or up the coast? I would really appreciate the insight of you guys who live out there.

Thanks!

View Profile of gatorjwade Send a personal message to gatorjwade  Email gatorjwade     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Hot Lava
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-06 12:37 am   Permalink

I called the Disneyanna Shop last week on advice from the Disney Gallery. I was told by the opening lead that they will have a queue set up for us to stand in at the shop when the gates open up at 8:00am to buy the print (and other merchandise, I assume). After we get the prints there will be another line to get into to have things signed by Shag--that starts at 10:00am.

So while she did not specifically say this, my understanding is that sales start at 8:00 and only the signing is delayed until 10:00 so Shag can have a cup of coffee before showing up at the park.

BTW, I'll be the guy that looks like this:

only minus the Hukilau buzz and probably slightly cranky from the flight to Cali from Florida the day before.

Oh yeah -- I'm already planning on buying my one-day ticket on Friday so I don't have to wait for the booths to open. Now I just have to figure out a way to entertain myself from 6am-8am. Thinking about bringing my uke, because you know -- I sing so sweetly, I should sing solo.

[ This Message was edited by: Hot Lava on 2003-09-06 13:09 ]

View Profile of Hot Lava Send a personal message to Hot Lava  Email Hot Lava     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TheMuggler
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-06 2:26 pm   Permalink

I called DelivEARS to see if they had a wishlist for the mugs but they are only doing it for the serigraph so there is no way to get the mug unless you go.

Any TC'ers want to help a FL brother out?

[ This Message was edited by: TheMuggler on 2003-09-06 14:27 ]

View Profile of TheMuggler Send a personal message to TheMuggler  Email TheMuggler Goto the website of TheMuggler     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Unga Bunga
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-06 5:25 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-06 00:37, Hot Lava wrote:

Thinking about bringing my uke, because you know -- I sing so sweetly, I should sing solo.

So low, we can't hear ya!?

[ This Message was edited by: Unga Bunga on 2003-09-06 17:26 ]

View Profile of Unga Bunga Send a personal message to Unga Bunga      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Feelin' Zombified
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-06 9:34 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-06 14:26, TheMuggler wrote:
I called DelivEARS to see if they had a wishlist for the mugs but they are only doing it for the serigraph so there is no way to get the mug unless you go.

Any TC'ers want to help a FL brother out?

or a Michigan brother???
-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

View Profile of Feelin' Zombified Send a personal message to Feelin' Zombified  Email Feelin' Zombified     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-07 01:01 am   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 11:05 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Futura Girl
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-07 09:44 am   Permalink

can anyone confirm if they will honor the 10% discount for deluxe passholders?
also is there early entry available for guests of the DL hotel that morning?

View Profile of Futura Girl Send a personal message to Futura Girl  Goto the website of Futura Girl     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
MauiTiki
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-08 2:58 pm   Permalink

Quote:

On 2003-09-06 14:26, TheMuggler wrote:

I just talked to them as well. They said if you called the Monday after the event, they may have access to any leftover mugs that didn't sell.

Tiki and flower pattern Stickers
www.stuckonmaui.com
Maui Tiki Tours & Tiki Mugs www.mauitikitours.com
Hippie Stickers www.hippiestickers.com

View Profile of MauiTiki Send a personal message to MauiTiki  Email MauiTiki Goto the website of MauiTiki     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-09 2:13 pm   Permalink

How much do the mugs normally go for? I checked with Disney ant Tiki Farm and nobody knows what they are charging yet. I figured the Mondo Tiki Mugs would be good reference point. Any ideas?!?!

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Monkeyman
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-09 2:49 pm   Permalink

[ This Message was edited by: Monkeyman on 2003-10-27 11:05 ]

View Profile of Monkeyman Send a personal message to Monkeyman  Email Monkeyman     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
TikiGoon
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-10 09:38 am   Permalink

Yes you are right. I just got back a message from Holden and he said that he believes they will be going for $32.95. Are the mugs usually already signed? What I was getting at, is that would you be able to get a pair of signed mugs and still be able to get two more items signed? Hmmmm, just a thought, I probably won't be able to get someone to get me one anyway. For those of us who don't make it out, I wonder if the after event mugs (if there are any) will have Shag's sig?

View Profile of TikiGoon Send a personal message to TikiGoon  Email TikiGoon Goto the website of TikiGoon     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Andrew
Tiki Centralite

Posted: 2003-09-10 3:08 pm   Permalink

Looking up this event is how I discovered this site. I guess I'll be meeting many of you for the first time. And standing around with you for hours as well I'm thinking.
A

View Profile of Andrew Send a personal message to Andrew      Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-10 3:36 pm   Permalink

Jay and I are coming from Chicago. It will be fun to meet more folks after all the fun we had at Exotica.
Although some TC'ers have said they plan to start the line earlier than 6 AM, I don't know if both of us will be in line that early. We gotta take advantage of the free continental breakfast bar at Quality Inn. I think it starts at 6 too
Maybe Jay can bring me a cinnamon roll.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
ModMana
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-10 4:06 pm   Permalink

Photos of more Shag/Enchanted Tiki Room merchandise has now been updated to the Disney Gallery website, including the purse, coffee style mug, and other misc...plus full info on the event:

http://psc.disney.go.com/eventservices/disneygallery/calendar.html

Still not sure if we're going but will give it every effort. We're on their "wish list" but I don't expect there will be anything left. Hope to see you there...

ModMana

View Profile of ModMana Send a personal message to ModMana  Email ModMana     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
SallyandJay
Tiki Socialite

Posted: 2003-09-10 4:52 pm   Permalink

Thanks Modmana

I see the grog mug is not listed, although the price probably won't be too much.

Mousepad...? I guess if you must have it all.

View Profile of SallyandJay Send a personal message to SallyandJay  Email SallyandJay     Edit/Delete This Post Reply with quote
Goto page ( Previous Page 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 Next Page )
U-Moderate:

v1.5

[ About Tiki Central | Contact Tiki Central | Advertise on Tiki Central ]
(c) 2000-2014 Tikiroom.com (tm), Tiki Central (tm)

Credits & copyright infomation